Best Place You Have Ever Been Kicked Out Of!!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Ok.. as the Subject line says...

I stopped and got permission for an early house in Western Fairfax County Virginia. Went and dig it one time.. about 3 hours!. I found a 1809 Reale, 2 large Cents a bunch of fired and dropped bullets and a medium size Confederate Fork Tongue Buckle and a Hyde and Goodrich button back... plus some other misc stuff.. I went back to my jeep to get something to eat.. and there was a note on the front seat... "Please do not come back and metal detect anymore.. I do not want you breaking my fence".. I had climbed OVER the four board fence into the field because it was too low to the ground to go under!!! Ok.. soaking wet at the time I weight 160 lbs tops.. and this was a big horse fence! I never even thought there was a chance I would break it... I went to talk to the owner but he was gone... to this day when I drive by I still look at that field!! It was been developed all around it... but that field is still there.. empty!! Which is rare in Fairfax these days... So, always... and I mean always walk to the gate.. no matter how far away it is!!!!

MonkeyBoy

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
A fairly ritzy restauraunt(name withheld). A friend of mine and I had stopped by for some lunch, and we got started laughing, weel, what made it even funnier was the telling of fart jokes in such an establishment. I guess someone got offended that I had used the inside of my elbow to make a "raspberry" noise, and the management.......um......"asked"...us to leave, I'm pretty sure he meant without returning......ever. I don't know that for sure, but he did mention police. We ended up getting our lunch free, they just wanted us gone. I guess if you ever want to eat really good and walk away free, just be as obnoxious as possible. I'm pretty sure the ones that complained were a large group that looked like they wanted to do us harm, the sad thing is that just made it all the funnier.

Oh......did you mean MD spots that I've been kicked out of ?? None - yet......but I do know some great fart jokes.......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was this golf course that I was detecting to find this clients Mason ring he lost near the 5Th. hole. I had the permission from the manager and had just spent about an hour near the tee off checking targets that read where his Mason ring would have read and am getting lots of silver quarter readings. I had to check out one and it was a nice 1942. But I found the ring near the ball wash post. Soon this grounds keeper comes roaring up to me in a pick up to tell me to get off the course. I explained I had permission and he told me to leave. I left knowing I had found the ring but wondering about all them other great targets. I also wonder if anything is under the sod of the greens when they move them. ;D

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
An old race track near my home , I wasn't kicked out but was refused permission . The man who owns it also has a car dealership & my inlaws have bought several new cars & trucks from him & know him personally so I thought maybe I had an inside track but NO . >:(

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Maybe not "the best" place, but for sure a place to get good stuff.

Tim and I stopped at a mid 1800's house and an old lady gave us permission.
So, Tim commences hunting while I talk to the old woman and we talk for about 20 minutes and I said well, I better get started.

I hunted for about 2 minutes and got a good signal. I dug the plug and in the bottom of the hole was a large cent. At about the same time, the old woman who has never left her front porch starts hollering "I own this house and the yard. I mow it and everything, so you all will have to leave." I go up to ask if we did something wrong and she said "I want you all to leave."

I told her I needed to plug my hole and we'll be out of her yard. I snagged the penny, covered the hole back and we climbed in the car.

I bet if she had had a gun she would have shot us.

Dr. Jeckle and Mrs Hyde? Alzheimer's? Dementia? Something... all I know is I was one for one in her yard and want to go back.

Burt

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brookfield zoo of chicago. The park in the middle was wood chip and i was pulling $20+ a day. (i'm stil kicking myself for not digging nickels) then the security guard kicked me out....

HH
-GC

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A large corporation here leases land from the city that was an old WW2 Army air base.The big big shot sent his security out to tell me to leave.Why was my question, answer was because my boss said.So ok i left but got greedy and went back another day.The same two guys came out laughing and said you again,my boss called the police :o.So i waited for the police and we all went in to talk to the big big boss.After talking to Mr Big we found out the area i was mding in was not his but belonged to Army National Guard.After turning red BIG said alright go ahead and md.Sometimes the dragon wins.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I live just outside of Buffalo NY. A short ride and over the bridge and you are in Canada. A few years ago,I tried to detect along the Canadian senic rt to the falls. In the 1st stop{ there are lots of picnic ground stops on rt to the falls]. In the 1st stop there are a few BiG old trees. I filled my pouch half way with silver coins. Realy, I got a barber half standing liberty quarters,mercs, Canadian silver you name I had it. I was in my glory thinking I had dozens of more stops till I got to the falls. Then a truck pulled up and a grounds keeper told me to leave before the Canadian police see me . The penelty is they take your detector and maybe your car. I did go back 1 time with my wife,on a Sunday. We made like we were on a picnic,blanket and all. I got a handful of silver and we left. Mike.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my own house when I got divorced years ago. she got it.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Ok, since we're going there (non treasure hunt related) I would have to say Caesars Palace jacuzzi, skinny dipping at 2 am. (I'm not making this up, LOL! :o)

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
3 weeks ago Steve and I were MDing at a school. While we were detecting we notice a two trucks with guys laughing, shouting and playing their music in the trucks very loud. We were doing really well and figured with these nuts out there no one would notice us or even care.

We really wanted to hit the football area as there were two concession stands, large slanted hills around the stadium and the visitors bleachers were the open kind. You know 20 rows high, 90 yards long and dirt underneath then. But we decided that we better play it safe and stay close to the truck. We Had extra detectors and equipment in and I did;t trust these guys.

About 20 minutes later these guys started doing burn out on the parking lot and spin outs in the flower beds and mediums. We figured with the parking lot just off a four lane highway someone would call the cops or security would show up soon and we could go hunt the stadium knowing these guys were gone.

Well pretty soon they did some more burn outs, left the parking and drove down the road with their radios blaring. We decided to finish a patch that was producing some nice clad and then hit the stadium.

Wasn't a minute later and another car pulled up into a reserve area. I think this guy seen the guys in the truck and decided to wait them out so he didn't have to confront them. But as he was walking by Steve and I he said we shouldn't be detecting there because people didn't like us making holes in the lawn.

I explained to the man that we were just looking for dropped surface coins and were doing any digging. I told him we were using screwdrives to pop out coins just below the surface. He said I don't care and called security, they will be here any time. Steve and I figured he had no time to call security and no way were they on their. We weren't warming anything or making any kind of holes at all.

But we decided that instead of making a scene or getting into a confirnation with the guy we would just leave and hit the place another day. But as we started to walk to the truck Steve asked the guy why he call security on the guys truck ripping up the flowerbeds. He said I didn't see them doing anything so why call security. I guess if we had been ripping up the place and carrying knife we would have had permission to do anything we wanted.

First place Steve has ever been asked to leave. I was told to leave another school once by a guy running an off season baseball league non school activity. I was carrying a email letter from the school saying I could hunt it. Guy gave me lots of bull and showed some muscle from him and his friends. A call to the superintendent made it loud and clear to this guy what his rights were on school property.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
High School Football Field. Was passing by and saw that the fence was open and some maintenance guys were cleaning up after a game the night before. I asked one of them if it would be OK to detect the area while he was cleaning up. He tells me no problem and give me some additional information on lost ring in the end zone.

About 15 minutes into it, I see this other fellow making a B-line in my direction. Me thinks, this is not good, judging by his facial expression. He proceeds to ask me what I think I am doing. Tell him I am detecting and that I had asked one of the workers if it would be OK and was told that it would. He tells me "Well, I am here to tell you that it is not OK!"

Yep, I left. Did not want him to have a cow ( it appeared that he was getting ready to do so).

Have not been back since. They have since installed another perimeter fence around the stadium, hope it was not because of me.
LOL.

T

treasurejack

Jeffro said:
Ok, since we're going there (non treasure hunt related) I would have to say Caesars Palace jacuzzi, skinny dipping at 2 am. (I'm not making this up, LOL! :o)

Same here....an indoor motel swimming pool at 3am. We were sure everyone was asleep. ::)

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
I was given permission on a old dutch farm in Kinderhook NY. After 20 minutes i found a 1876 CC seated liberty dime. It was about that time my friend with me decided he needed to use the rest room. Well when he thought nobody was watching he watered a tree on the corner of the property. Just as he started the homeowner came around the corner with her 4 children ranging from 9-16. 3 of them were young girls. Well needless to say we were told to leave right away. I returned a few days later and saw the lady out in her yard with a radio shack detector i quickly apologized for my friends rude action. She told me that after she thought about it she figured she ought to search it herself. As i told her i was sorry yet again to try to regain permission she showed me a handful of silver coins that almost made me cry. She had 2 large reales and a walking lib half....Among many others. I left feeling sick to my stomach. They still to this day own the property. But she is getting old. It has been almost 10 years. I am sitting back waiting for her to sell the place!

Sigh

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Paul is Dead said:
Jeffro said:
I've never been kicked out or asked to leave. :)

Jeez Jeffro,

Have you ever left the house?

;)

Back in my younger days, I was asked to leave repeatedly, LOL!

Strictly metal detecting, I haven't ever been told to leave.

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see....location 1 ..... a fort located in western kansas that was used from 1858-1867. Landowner is an odd bird , but gave us permission. As we left at the end of our hunt he wanted to inspect what we had found. What he wanted to do was cherrypick the goodies. Came back a second time, he wasn't there but his son was and he said go ahead. he didn't worry about seeing items found. Went for visit 3 and were told to stay the hell off. Like I said, he was an odd bird. He also had a neighbor that had let us into some adjoining property that was the site of a 7th Cav camp. Never did find anything great at either site, just a few slugs and buttons. The second owner raised hell with us cause someone else had driven on his property and was a real jerk toward us. I wanted to give him an earfull but just got in the vehicle and drove away. Old coot anyway.....

Location 2 in on the same trail as the fort. Landowner was real nice and enjoyed seeing the things we found. Offered to give him some and he said it wasn't his stuff, he wasn't interested in that old crap anyway. Then one day he said his daughters wanted to detect it and would we stay out. NP. He still will not let us in but I am pretty sure his girls aren't into detecting so I still haven't figured this one out.

Location 3 is another station site on this trail that had always beena favorite of mine. The elderly gentleman that owned it and gave me permission to hunt passed away and his son was ok with us hunting until some coyote hunters tore his fences up and his cows got out.. now that site is off limits also.

I guess the only thing that makes all this easier to take is a cavalry campsite I found 2 miles away from my house that I think we will always be able to hunt as long as it is in the present family ownership. I am very good friends with the family and one of the boys was a schoolmate all the way back to kindergarten. I guess I better keep my fingers crossed just in case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread