Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that ARA has not been too friendly to detectorists since they sold to new owners. Check out Midwest Refining.

Wayne

OP
OP
testing123

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I called ARA and they said they pay 95% to the public for gold. Might be 98% for businesses?

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously ? If you can get immediate cash (check) at 95 percent of spot , what am I missing here ? jump on that NOW ! Or tell me why not ????

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA sold? it had been a family business since day one. I use them most of the time. But last melting was in 2017. Just went to their website and all family references have been removed. I have an account there and get 98%. You have to be a real company and fill out an application. (or used to)

OP
OP
testing123

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I just went with ARA and am very happy. The guy called as soon as my package arrived and asked what I wanted to do with the stones. Then told me he'd have the results of melting later that day. He sent an email with the update. It was more than I expected (with the stones, I tried my best to estimate gold weight), and he was well above what I thought I'd be getting. Check was sent out immediately and arrived promptly. Wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

I believe it was midwest where I had several problems with when I used them a few years ago and would never consider them again. 1st - got far less than expected, the guy on the phone told me about 5% of the metal was generally lost during the process, AND, they hand wrote a date over the invoice date which was printed. Gold dropped the day after my stuff was melted and I believe they kept the difference. Wasn't a good experience at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread