What's new

Bifurcates, Lets See Yours Too

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bifurcates, Let's See Yours Too

My computer was down for a while so I haven't been able to post much lately and especially any pictures. I put this tray together about a month ago. I decided to pick through my trays and get all of the better Bifurcates and put then together in one tray. These are examples of all of the types I find in my area. There are LeCroy, Kanawha, Lake Erie, MacCorkle, and Stanly in there. When I first put it together there were 98 Points in there and that's what you see in the picture. I have since added a few and there are over 100 in there now.

If you have some examples please add to the thread. I'll add some I have from other states too.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0007.webp
    DSC_0007.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0014.webp
    DSC_0014.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_0016.webp
    DSC_0016.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0018.webp
    DSC_0018.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
Here are some from New Mexico.
 

Attachments

  • nm (12).webp
    nm (12).webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 139
  • nm (8).webp
    nm (8).webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 167
  • nm (2).webp
    nm (2).webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 157
  • nm (1).webp
    nm (1).webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_0041.webp
    DSC_0041.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 153
These are from Nevada.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0051.webp
    DSC_0051.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 147
There are a couple here from North Carolina.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0039.webp
    DSC_0039.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for sharing. It's an amazing collection Museum worthy. I enjoyed looking at all of them
 
Not sure if these are considered true Bifurcates, but these Texas Montells, Predenales, and Frios all have the basal type.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0010.webp
    DSC_0010.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0013.webp
    DSC_0013.webp
    21 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0018.webp
    DSC_0018.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 137
The black Point in the top center is Bifurcate type from Virginia.
 

Attachments

  • Virginia (2).webp
    Virginia (2).webp
    20 KB · Views: 142
Well, Steve, that's a killer collection.

The first one far left is from Ma., remainder personal finds from RI. In New England, the MacCorkle variation has a broad, shallow bifurcation. The last one might be considered an eccentric.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    171.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    104 KB · Views: 143
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    164 KB · Views: 148
Those are all very nice points. Are they personal finds?
 
Those are all very nice points. Are they personal finds?

Most all of the ones in the first tray are personal finds The others are ones I collected while putting together my States Collection.
 
I only have a couple that are whole. Personal finds, feel free to tell me the types. I have no idea
 

Attachments

  • SDC10254.webp
    SDC10254.webp
    352.9 KB · Views: 145
  • SDC10256.webp
    SDC10256.webp
    303.4 KB · Views: 174
  • SDC10825.webp
    SDC10825.webp
    440.9 KB · Views: 135
  • SDC10826.webp
    SDC10826.webp
    385.6 KB · Views: 160
Nice ones guys! Here's a few from central IL I found, 1rst pic. : Lecroy and MacCorkle , don't know what to call the large right one except, crude.
2nd pic.: slightly bifurcated stem archaic knives ( type unknown to local resident Arche's), all 3 found in a couple of minutes in a 20' circle. Next a.nice Hemphill, and very well made Neuberger with broken bifurcated base.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435642389.734751.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435642441.713690.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435642500.083273.webp
 
Great thread and examples. I will try to dig some local ones out tomorrow night
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435687902.317593.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435687919.456910.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435687932.626499.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435687953.669247.webp

I have a few more. Can't put a finger on them at the moment. If I find about 8,000 more, I'll almost have as many as Reaper! Nice collection Reap!!
 
Some from S.C. and a couple others in the pictures
002 (640x480).webp003 (640x480).webp004 (640x480).webp004 (640x480) (2).webp008 (640x480) (3).webp106 (640x480).webp087 (640x480).webp019 (640x480).webp
 
A few more with some others in the mix
052 (640x480).webp031 (640x480).webp027 (640x480).webp021 (800x600).webp007 (640x480) (3).webp024 (800x600).webp025 (800x600).webp006 (800x600).webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom