What's new

Bifurcates, Lets See Yours Too

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bifurcates, Let's See Yours Too

My computer was down for a while so I haven't been able to post much lately and especially any pictures. I put this tray together about a month ago. I decided to pick through my trays and get all of the better Bifurcates and put then together in one tray. These are examples of all of the types I find in my area. There are LeCroy, Kanawha, Lake Erie, MacCorkle, and Stanly in there. When I first put it together there were 98 Points in there and that's what you see in the picture. I have since added a few and there are over 100 in there now.

If you have some examples please add to the thread. I'll add some I have from other states too.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0007.webp
    DSC_0007.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0014.webp
    DSC_0014.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_0016.webp
    DSC_0016.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0018.webp
    DSC_0018.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
Here some local stuff some rough some old some not so old.The one bifurcate is a scraper. Loose pieces. I have another frame somewhere but this kinda represents my area found by me.

IMG_3228.webp
 
Oh so these are included Im guessing. Either Cpoenas or Camp Creek variants
 

Attachments

  • SDC10385.webp
    SDC10385.webp
    333 KB · Views: 121
This is one of my all time favorite points ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499690327.221297.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499690336.585613.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499690350.622522.webp

Also grim nice thread looks like it's older but someone revived it.
 
I guess I can add a few more since this was started.
Where the heck is SCrocks at? he hasnt been logged in since April 2017. Its not like him to skip for 3 months.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12052.webp
    SDC12052.webp
    381.3 KB · Views: 80
  • SDC12262.webp
    SDC12262.webp
    381.9 KB · Views: 74
Here is my small contribution im not sure about white one if its considered bifurcate i think some of them may be a mcorkle0715171251.webp0715171256.webp0715171250.webp i hate that the one has glue on it i would never do that to a point all are personal finds except it
 
Beautiful find my friend! :occasion14:
I'm still looking to eyeball my first arrowhead, but I did find my first scraper earlier this year.

Best of luck to you,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • WP_20170526_18_42_06_Pro (2).webp
    WP_20170526_18_42_06_Pro (2).webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 86
  • WP_20170526_18_41_55_Pro (2).webp
    WP_20170526_18_41_55_Pro (2).webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Great examples, everybody. Here's a LeCroy that my son found back in '05 at the age of 10. We were digging out at the land when he came up with it. It's still probably the best point we've found out there, so far.

lecroy.webp
 
Are Oxbow's considered to be bifurcates?
 
Your collection is outrageously killer. These are some I found. Kind of like your NC collection, all quartz. A couple of them I am not sure if they would be considered bifurcate or lobed? IMG_1318.webp This little Lecroy was the first one I ever found.IMG_1320.webp nice thread.
 
OK , here's what I have found, I believe they are oxbows, all found in the same area.
 

Attachments

  • 1502768920115.webp
    1502768920115.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom