What's new

Big adzes !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theses are crude large adzes pretty rough hope the pictures are good enough to show you . Some are wore out and broke in some places . Native Americans had more than 50 different adzes for many different jobs
 

Attachments

  • image-2248967004.webp
    image-2248967004.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3862719939.webp
    image-3862719939.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2593570325.webp
    image-2593570325.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image-2936683061.webp
    image-2936683061.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-534231379.webp
    image-534231379.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
Can I call you cuz ???
 
Lol no I did to lol honestly the jokes they kept popping in my head we all joke at work like this why so serious lol

You're not at work, so tone down the so called joking around. I wouldn't had popped in on here, but we received a reported post about the name calling.

You may not... Insult moderators, or denigrate the duties they perform.

Well, it look like he's taking a 14 day cruise instead of 7. Enjoy the Bahamas!
 
Last edited:
Nope. I like 21 days better. Larson you want to add to this? Also a few other deleted post were very close to joining him.

People who just sign in to do drive by pot shot insults will be dealt with in a like wise manner.
 
Last edited:
Painterx7, Not only is River Rat a moderator here, she is a lady as well and will be treated with respect.

remember that on your return from the temp ban....
 
Hey TH!! Perhaps we can resolve all of this with a little DNA Sequencing on the artifacts!! Heck Fire-We might ALL be related!! Anyway, The Rat is a Great Girl and right down the road from me!! I can certainly understand an individual becoming rather irate over contradictions, and we all need a little forgiveness!! You folks have a tough job!! Thanks for All of your participation in a really great forum!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Nope. I like 21 days better. Larson you want to add to this? Also a few other deleted post were very close to joining him.


i just got on line and i have to agree
 
Last edited:
Ok my friends this is getting a little out of control coin man Stefan what does JAFR stand for I'd like to know I surely hope it's not what I think so tell me ....50 kinds of adzes here you go ill post a print out of just the ones used in this article so I suppose they cut trees down shaved bark and wiped their butts with an arrow head hmmmm look I posted those pictures out of fun I take the criticism and never say anything negative towards anyone ask them or look at my post people or a human of some sort have been using rocks for longer than just 15 thousand years I've done lots of research are those pieces adzes idk for sure lol you field hunters keep on in the fields your only going as deep as a bottom plow keep the argument on your own post it's not a name calling 5 year old web site this picture isn't nearly all of the tools there's pages ill find the website and copy the rest

Everything on that list is Hawaiian from what I can see, so are you saying all of yours are from Hawaii??

I guess I should have read the entire thread before asking them that since they won't be able to answer for a couple of weeks. I have a feeling this was a young kid by the way they were responding. Some people just don't listen. Good job on shutting him down quickly Mods.
 
Last edited:
Painter is unable to reply, please hold off any questions for him for 2 weeks...

Please do not insult each other or moderators and especially do NOT insult River Rat, she is a lady.......
 
In the Northeast woodlands, woodworking tools are perhaps more common then in other areas of the country. The gouge and the adze being most common. I have seen chipped adzes from south of our region, but I agree what I am seeing here are rocks, not artifacts. That said, an in-hand look might reveal some usage on some. At any rate, when a native wanted a long term and work-worthy adze for woodwork, here was the result, in this case a double grooved adze. The scoop will always be less defined in an adze then in a gouge...
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 97
That is one killer example.
Nice shot of the bit angle also.
 
Very impressive Charl!! Exquisite Piece!! Thanks for sharing!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Everything on that list is Hawaiian from what I can see, so are you saying all of yours are from Hawaii??

I guess I should have read the entire thread before asking them that since they won't be able to answer for a couple of weeks. I have a feeling this was a young kid by the way they were responding. Some people just don't listen. Good job on shutting him down quickly Mods.

Yeah it is a shame Grim. Then you get the old time members jumping in once every 6 months and stirring things up does not help.
 
It's unfortunate that anyone has to be banned. Not near as unfortunate as having posts of artifacts buried by posts of geofacts and rocks. I've always felt that it's our obligation to keep posts like this to a minimum. I've never understood why posts of rocks by the same people over and over aren't locked or deleted. This puts erroneous information out there for the next generation of collectors and leads them astray. In my opinion false information is worse than any insult or name I could ever be called. Fire away, I can handle it. :laughing7: False information can be the down fall of forums and this one has more of it by volume than any other forum out there. There are a few members here, Larson and his friends, Americus, and a few others who are the back bone of this forum. Without their posts it's a forum of rocks and geofacts. The only reason I quit posting over here is because I hated seeing my finds buried by geofacts. It's not fair to those who post something killer and have it buried by rocks. This is a strictly moderated site, strictest on the internet. Perhaps it should go a step further and be kept clean of this kind of material? Just a thought. My apologies to anyone I offended. Good hunting.
 
Well, I guess I stirred the pot. I simply asked him to provide the reference he was referring to when he mentioned 50 kinds of adzes. I didn't then and still don't think this was an offensive or insulting question. But I guess he did, as did a Mod,since my post was deleted. Rest assured all that I will in the future, refrain from posting comments, questions, and artifacts.
 
Well, I guess I stirred the pot. I simply asked him to provide the reference he was referring to when he mentioned 50 kinds of adzes. I didn't then and still don't think this was an offensive or insulting question. But I guess he did, as did a Mod,since my post was deleted. Rest assured all that I will in the future, refrain from posting comments, questions, and artifacts.

Not sure why you say reference question post was deleted, it is still there, post #17. One of yours was deleted because it was rude but that was not the one......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
It's unfortunate that anyone has to be banned. Not near as unfortunate as having posts of artifacts buried by posts of geofacts and rocks. I've always felt that it's our obligation to keep posts like this to a minimum. I've never understood why posts of rocks by the same people over and over aren't locked or deleted. This puts erroneous information out there for the next generation of collectors and leads them astray. In my opinion false information is worse than any insult or name I could ever be called. Fire away, I can handle it. :laughing7: False information can be the down fall of forums and this one has more of it by volume than any other forum out there. There are a few members here, Larson and his friends, Americus, and a few others who are the back bone of this forum. Without their posts it's a forum of rocks and geofacts. The only reason I quit posting over here is because I hated seeing my finds buried by geofacts. It's not fair to those who post something killer and have it buried by rocks. This is a strictly moderated site, strictest on the internet. Perhaps it should go a step further and be kept clean of this kind of material? Just a thought. My apologies to anyone I offended. Good hunting.


You have offended any member who has ever posted anything beyond Larson and Americus. As you said "Without their posts it's a forum of rocks and geofacts." I think a lot of members would take offense to that. We refuse to be like other web sites that when a new member does post "rocks" They get banned.

Thread is locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom