What's new

Big quartz mortar with hole

CoinFetcher

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
3,304
Golden Thread
1
Location
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen an arrow head or two from this spot on the salish sea.

Are the photos clear enough? What the heck is this? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • image-2125630119.webp
    image-2125630119.webp
    28 KB · Views: 138
  • image-792509057.webp
    image-792509057.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 154
  • image-512905863.webp
    image-512905863.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
i have no idea, tell me the story of finding it...BC or WA?
 
i have no idea, tell me the story of finding it...BC or WA?

Well, it's from WA.

I wanted to go to this beach for a while because of the big winds we have had recently. Figured it would be pretty stirred up. Saw the tides looked nice and hit up the beach. I've been there once in the past year or so. Right around where I have found lots of pet wood, jasper, agate, ect, I saw this thing. I thought it was a candle. About at 9ft water mark. Couldn't believe it! Anything else you need to know?
 
That is a kick @$$ piece! Quartz is so hard, in fact, I can't think of a drilled quartz find in my area. It looks like one of those smoke/cloud blower things. Don't take my word on that. That's what it looks like to me. Unless you are hunting near a mine of some type, and this piece had a core sample taken from it, I would believe it to be an artifact. I see lots of quartz and this is unlike anything I've ever seen. Nice!!
 
one giant ass bead?
 
What's that in the center? The piece looks like marble to me like its a core from a drill
 
That thing is amazing. We have lots of quartz here and I've never heard of an artifact like that. I have hundreds of quartz pieces and none drilled.
 
neat one,can you tell how the hole was drilled?can we see a close up of the inside of the holes?lots of questions.
 
seems kinda rough for a drill core....does marble weather like that?
 
Looks like lots and lots of wear from water.. Might be hard to see anything
 
I don't have an idea of how it was drilled. The second pic is of the end that appears to be broken. Ask me anything, I'm curious what this is. The hole is very circular. I'm certain it's Quartz
 

Attachments

  • image-2709164698.webp
    image-2709164698.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2958299717.webp
    image-2958299717.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 130
yes more pictures...a lot more...I need to put on my investigatin hat
 
so...the outside is rough and the inside smooth as a babies bum?
 
You have it in your possession I don't but I have to say it does not look like quarts to me
 
I honestly think it started out more like this before many years in the ocean polished it into what it looks like now

ForumRunner_20141109_212557.webp
 
Tried to show the texture. Not sure if it was ever polished on the outside, I don't think it was. Also tried to show the bevel on the unbroken side. Also wanted to show that the hole is very circular
 

Attachments

  • image-3831232644.webp
    image-3831232644.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2333049220.webp
    image-2333049220.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1522689555.webp
    image-1522689555.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 119
Yikes, I think you're right, dang
 
Even if it's not that's totally cool find on the beach it beats the pieces of sea glass I find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom