What's new

Big score of Halves today w/pictures

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Great day for me today. Took a short road trip to an area I hadn't been to before. Lots of older homes and few banks. Stopped at a small BB&T bank in a non-descript shopping center. Only one teller and she didn't have any half dollars. She said the other teller "had some" and would be coming to work at 1:00PM if I wanted to come back. Almost hit the road to head home, but figured, what the heck, I'll get lunch and return to the bank. The other teller was there when I arrived and she said she had $310 dollars worth that she's had for "some time". I asked if they were all from one person and she said, "no". They were from about three different customers. When she brought them out, they looked like someones "dump". Fairly new wrappers. She really wanted to get rid of them, so I decided not to break the golden rule, and I took them all. (Three bundles of 10 rolls each and three separate loose rolls). As I drive away, I opened one of the loose rolls and came across a 1962-D Franklin. Thought, well at least I got something. When I got home, the other two loose rolls produced another Franklin 1954 (nicely toned) and a 1945 Walker. Then got to the big bundles and the first 10 roll bundle was a complete "skunk". Was disappointed to say the least, but that turned to instant joy when I started on the second bundle. Out came the silver like nobody's business. All in all, the second and third bundles had to be from a different customer as each roll was loaded. Also, the few clads that were mixed in a few of the rolls were all 1971 and 1972. So someone got these rolls back then and kept them. Also, almost all the silver coins were in BU/AU grade with lots of shiny luster. Here's the total score: (27) 1964.... (6) 1965.... (25) 1966.... (45) 1967.... (48) 1968....
(49) 1969.... (1) 1945 Walker....and (2) Franklins...TOTAL- 203 coins. Hope you enjoy the pix. My daughter used her camera to help me. And, Yes! Riley was with me again today. I really think he is
bringing me all this unbelieveable luck. I hope it continues.
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • silver7.webp
    silver7.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 636
  • silver8.webp
    silver8.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 624
  • silver5.webp
    silver5.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 623
  • silver6.webp
    silver6.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0
NICE haul!

NICE haul!
 
That's awesome!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice pickup!! Gotta love those hand rolls, congrats RB!

Mark
 
terrific. congrats. persistence pays. :hello2:
 
Nice find, that's awesome. I can't wait till my next big find, haven't had one quite like that yet. Must be a good feeling.
 
Awesome score! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Yes AWESOME!!!

Took a combo road dump trip myself today almost no banks had halves one had 18 Rolls of NIFC Dumps, all got on the whole trip from two teller trays was 2 %40's and a 1964 ;worst performance in long time for road trip.
 
What a score! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great pics as well. Almost tempts me to go on a road trip.
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom