Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wearing that handle for 40+ years. I used to hunt alot. We hunted with hounds. I was one to go with the dogs. One of the group mentioned the dogs running along with what looked like Bigfoot only smaller and the rest is history.
Always good to know the story behind the name.Thanks.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the Patterson Gimlin 8mm footage from the 70's has been confirmed as authentic.
this will make you a believer.

Right on!
I saw the film on the big screen back then - show by Patterson - in Portland OR
He talked at length between two viewings
Indeed that movie was hard to fake!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I think the only authentic about the Patterson Gimlin 8mm footage is that it is 8 mm film. What is shown on the film has been thoroughly debunked as a fake.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the only authentic about the Patterson Gimlin 8mm footage is that it is 8 mm film. What is shown on the film has been thoroughly debunked as a fake.
I just watched a you tube video that featured two professors and a technology expert. He dissected the film and the two professors agreed it was real. They also brought in other professionals and their comments were supporting as well. I think it was a History channel youtube.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
everyone these days carries a camera and video recorder in their pocket... even old guys like me that barely know how to use it. So... where are the images? I have spent my whole life in Bigfoot-central PNW, I have been traipsing the woods and mountains since I was able to walk upright, I have seen just about every animal there is to see here up close and personal, including bears and mountain lions, but sorry, no sasquatch or flying saucers. Of course, I tell stories however, I mean come on, I have grandkids and they love hearing them.

Tinhorn2

Jul 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to believed BigFoot but there are thousand & thousand trees with Game Camera's on them. But Indians said about them for thousand years. I wonder they were talking about 8' tall indians

so I threw this in:

For more incredible evidence of giant human remains discovered around the world, check out this special season of Gaia’s original series Open Minds: Evidence of Giants in Sardinia

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 30

MrSmithOriginal

Mar 23, 2021
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being from a formerly and still in large part rural part of Minnesota and having a dad who hunted raccoon I got taken from time to time on a hunts from a young age which was done at night with hound dogs, and I also spent every summer night I could as a boy starting around seven or eight years old sleeping in a tent outside, Mostly so I could run around all night as I learned that trick from others early on and never encountered anything outdoors that caused me any kind of real fear until I was fifteen years old.

Long story short, this was before the internet and one of my oldest friends who I started sneaking around with at night in my teens is half Navajo and from his Navajo side, he would hear stories and then repeat them to us trying to scare our group with stories of Skinwalkers which are basically werewolf type witches that can shapeshift.

Well, one perfectly calm and quiet night just he and I were out for thrills and walking down to a dead-end dirt road with the rocks crackling beneath our feet on a road that was adjacent to a swampy area when something very nearby started to whine which to me sounded like an old police siren from the 60s' or 70s', and at the moment it started in the back of my mind I expected to see the lights of a squad car come on somehow but then the sound changed to the most fearsome bone-chilling roar that I have ever heard and we froze in our tracks and when I could finally move my head I looked over at him and saw in the moonlight a single tear coming down from his eyes that were as big as saucers Lol. Let me tell you that this thing spoke a universal language and it said very clearly that it was angry and to leave now, which we did as promptly as we could.

When our feet came free, without saying a word we ran in the opposite direction as far as we could and I tell you that even then in my mind I knew that whatever made that sound if it wanted us it had us but we ran and then walked directly back to his house never to sneak out again and he tried to pretend like it never happened and not to speak of it as Indians often do but I never let it go and have told the same story now to anyone who would listen for about twenty-five years.

There is more to the story but them are the basics the best I can tell them here so be careful out there!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being from a formerly and still in large part rural part of Minnesota and having a dad who hunted raccoon I got taken from time to time on a hunts from a young age which was done at night with hound dogs, and I also spent every summer night I could as a boy starting around seven or eight years old sleeping in a tent outside, Mostly so I could run around all night as I learned that trick from others early on and never encountered anything outdoors that caused me any kind of real fear until I was fifteen years old.

Long story short, this was before the internet and one of my oldest friends who I started sneaking around with at night in my teens is half Navajo and from his Navajo side, he would hear stories and then repeat them to us trying to scare our group with stories of Skinwalkers which are basically werewolf type witches that can shapeshift.

Well, one perfectly calm and quiet night just he and I were out for thrills and walking down to a dead-end dirt road with the rocks crackling beneath our feet on a road that was adjacent to a swampy area when something very nearby started to whine which to me sounded like an old police siren from the 60s' or 70s', and at the moment it started in the back of my mind I expected to see the lights of a squad car come on somehow but then the sound changed to the most fearsome bone-chilling roar that I have ever heard and we froze in our tracks and when I could finally move my head I looked over at him and saw in the moonlight a single tear coming down from his eyes that were as big as saucers Lol. Let me tell you that this thing spoke a universal language and it said very clearly that it was angry and to leave now, which we did as promptly as we could.

When our feet came free, without saying a word we ran in the opposite direction as far as we could and I tell you that even then in my mind I knew that whatever made that sound if it wanted us it had us but we ran and then walked directly back to his house never to sneak out again and he tried to pretend like it never happened and not to speak of it as Indians often do but I never let it go and have told the same story now to anyone who would listen for about twenty-five years.

There is more to the story but them are the basics the best I can tell them here so be careful out there!
Dave Isadahl has a platform on Youtube called howtohunt.com. It's an open forum for people to share these contacts with Sabe off their chests. Most of the people have refused to discuss it because of ridicule and have carried these bone chilling contacts with Sasquatch for decades. Yes, there are a few crack pots that write in but there are literally thousands of sightings around the world. Check it out...it's very interesting. I used to be a naysayer as well, not anymore.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never seen a big foot but i believe they are out there
when my wife and i lived off grid it was 10 miles of dirt road from the closest paved road 30 miles to the closet town once you were to the pavement closest full time neighbor was almost 5 miles no city lights pitch dark at night we seen and heard some pretty strange things out on that property ,kind of like skin-walker ranch things

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a big foot but i believe they are out there
when my wife and i lived off grid it was 10 miles of dirt road from the closest paved road 30 miles to the closet town once you were to the pavement closest full time neighbor was almost 5 miles no city lights pitch dark at night we seen and heard some pretty strange things out on that property ,kind of like skin-walker ranch things
Check out that website I posted. You may find people in your area that heard the same things and may have seen something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions