What's new

Blade Core

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is called a lamellar blade core, and the technique was used in many places to produce long flat super sharp blades. The stone started out much larger and the blades that were struck from it can almost be identical as the knapper went around the core until it was to small and discarded. This one is Mayan and found in Antigua Guatemala, the Mayan had an industry in these blades and so did Native Americans but they used flints or cherts, this one is Obsidian. blade core.webp
 
Upvote 0
That one was done perfectly I have a good one from down here do you mind if I post?
Those Mayan did some nasty things with those blades
 
That one was done perfectly I have a good one from down here do you mind if I post?
Those Mayan did some nasty things with those blades

Post away Gator, I did this just for info for others some may have never seen things like this.
 
This piece of one our local materials has had some nice long thin flakes removed.

DSCN3885.webp
 
100_2690.webp100_2691.webp100_2691.webp100_2692.webp100_2693.webp100_2694.webp100_2695.webp found this in 1 in the mid missouri area .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom