Brass ID Tag ??

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all First time for me so I need help. I found a Brass Tag oval in shape about 2 1/2 Long. It was found in a little city of West Bend Wisconsin. its from Camarillo , Calf. it says on the tag Camarillo State Mental Hospital Ward B. after I cleaned it up it looks like new. Was buried about 6" in the ground on the side of a walking path in the city . Was just wondering how this got to West Bend, Wisc. Does anyone know anything about this Mental Hospital. Someone told me it was closed back in the mid 90's ?? Would appreciate any help on this. I am a newbie, so this was a very interesting find for me. Thanks Bob

Attachments

• Brass Tag.jpg
    Brass Tag.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Brass Tag.jpg
    Brass Tag.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Brass Tag.jpg
    Brass Tag.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Did some google searches... pored through some long threads on other sites that referenced your exact tag, but there was nothing conclusive. But it certainly makes for a good conversation piece. :)

Upvote 0

faceplant

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, I bought an old door at a HabforHumanity in Florida with this brass key fob on the key still in the door. One of these sold for 67$ on Ebay in 2011. Charlie Parker stayed at Camarillo state mental hospital for a heroine addiction. Many artists have referred to it in music. Supposedly, Hotel California, by the Eagles, is a reference to this place. Good luck.

Upvote 0

sneaky.blonde

May 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am new. Sneaky.blonde here...
I know this is a 2 year old post, but... Your key tag is an old motel room key tag. I have one I bought new at a Swap Meet in that area.
I am a former Peace Officer and transported In and OUT of Camarillo State Mental hospital. It was closed down about 1997 ? and is now a California University. Research Camarillo State Mental Hospital, (I don't know how to send a link, (Yep! a natural Blond!), There are all kinds of "Ghost Stories" about that place. I know I was Creeped - Out by that place! (counter and cross research the Newspaper Reports and a lot of it is true!) It was for the "Criminally Insane", with "Shock treatments" and all.
So, now you know - You have found a Genuine, California "Arty-Fact", in your State!
If you look at "Ruby Lane" antiques and collectables, (a store on-line), they have one right now. I did not care enough to "sign up", to find what they are asking for our treasure. But they have some Mighty Prices! Here, it is worth a bundle at the recycle place.
Besides, I have a 2 1/2 Penny weight GOLD NUGGET they don't have.
If anyone is coming my way, I would be happy to tell all of you EXACTLY WHERE I found that nugget. Central California, near Porterville/Bakersfield CA.
Cheers,
Cindy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread