brinks sorts out silver now???

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you guys may already know this but I just stopped by a local bank and the teller hands over my halves and states "you arent looking for silver ones are you? Because our brinks sorters now pull all the silver out."

WHAT?!?!?:BangHead:

Anyone else heard this? I am still going through the $200 I got and will post any finds. My box of $500 had no silver, no proofs, no errors.

JMB

Upvote 0

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did hear this once before at a sov bank. Not only was it fishy but they cut the box open right in front of me and I noticed they were in the normal brown and white rolls with one slight difference. They had perforated lines down the rolls that were already cracked. This was in like February and I don't go to sov anymore unless its for loose halves or customer rolled.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something that a lot of us hear from time to time. The consensus seems to be that tellers say this to discourage CRH. One of the tactics you can use to combat it is to say that you are more interested in collecting dates to fill your book than in finding silver per se. You might also want to try to grease the skids by dropping by some donuts or cookies once in a while as a "thank-you" for all the extra work you bring them.

OP
OP
J

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well zero silver in the $200 but there was a pretty 73 proof! I'll take that. Heading back to get the other 300 in the box now.

20130722_130524.jpg

JMB

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New idea for a TV show..... Tellers Say the Darndest Things

OP
OP
J

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. 4th bank today... different name than first one...
Head teller: "how much do you want? I CAN tell you there is no silver in them".

I still took $200 of them and noticed they are all various looking CWR. Either the teller is full of it OR they culled the silver themselves.

Will post later on any finds.

JMB

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya like brinks would have the time or pay the man power to pull out silver- just an lame coment from an un-knowing teller-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I haven't pulled a silver dime from a brinks plastic roll in probably $1,500

I pulled two from those rolls last night. Actually had the presence of mind to take a picture before opening the second roll, for the purpose of posting here when I have the time (pics at home; at work now).

I'll believe they're culling when I see some concrete proof or see some sort of announcement/press release from Brinks. Until then, I'm CRH'ing full steam ahead!

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
They dont have the time or money to spend on pulling ag. Just keep looking and you will find some. HH

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they do there not to good at it. I find silver every week.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. 4th bank today... different name than first one...
Head teller: "how much do you want? I CAN tell you there is no silver in them".

I still took $200 of them and noticed they are all various looking CWR. Either the teller is full of it OR they culled the silver themselves.

Will post later on any finds.

JMB

they be silver snipers there.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one of our banks we stopped at today the head teller was telling us all the tellers there know about the silver and what to look for.
Our last trip there last week we got a 40% from a teller tray....lol

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you're not finding silver it's because there's a big hunter in your area, not because Brinks is culling

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have personally called Brinks when i first started out CRH'ing and spoke with the manager. He said it is illegal for them to pick silver out and they see it all the time going through their hopper when a collection has been dumped and yet the machine just keeps running on. I spoke with the guy for a bit and he seemed very honest and forthcoming so i just go with that. And another thing, i get Brinks boxes every week and still finding silver /shrug

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything you read on the Internet is true. Now if you will excuse me I have a date with a beautiful female french model I met on the internet....:laughing7:

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lies! Pulled a silver from plastic brinks roll last night.

LIES I TELL YOU!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread