Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a lengthy sabbatical of not detecting. I decided to start hunting again so This spring I went and talked to the Farmer who owned a corn field near one of my other permissions . The farmer gave me permission but told me the field had already been hunted by a group of dectorists. who said they were looking for an old British Garrison that they believed was on the property . He said they did not find the Garrison but did make finds including a shoe buckle dating to the late 17th century . Which did not surprise me as my old permission nearby dated to the same period . The field had definitely been hunted as there are very few high tones in the field . but they did leave behind a fair amount of low tones and after my third trip I did finally manage an old copper from the site and this odd button Crown over a C Crown over usually designates a British Colony . I can't seem find this one any where . Very thin as in thin flat button thin . The reverse is smooth . No shank or sign of any soldering marks which might indicate it was part of a two piece button.?? Thanks to all and to all a good hunt ! MR

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 82

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Dig it all in a place like that. CONGRATS. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. I'm not sure about the button. The crown looks Germanic.

Upvote 0

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a beautiful grouping of finds! Keep us posted when you find the Garrison. You look like you are definitely on the right track!

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The crown over a C is Charles 1st as one would see on a weight.

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread