What's new

Broke

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My car is is broke. My M.D. is broke. I have no $$ broke. Guess i have to pull out my Ace 100 and do dry creek behind my house.
 
Sorry aa battery. Hoping there will be better times and more $$ and an unbroke car ahead.
 
I had a car once that always broke when I was broke. How did it Know? It was uncanny. .
 
Hope your outlook improves, and you at least benefit from the next coronavirus relief package direst payments in maybe 3 or so weeks.
 
I hope you still have enough $$ to buy beer.:occasion14:
 
Tough times' for lots of folks. Booming times for others. Not like the 1930's when the stock market crashed. No handouts back then.

<font size="3">
 
Once I was so broke I couldn't even pay attention.
 
Step 1, fix vehicle.
I know, easier said than done sometimes, but an all out effort must be made to keep oneself mobile.
I did alot of front end work in oct/nov [ball joints, bearings, brakes, tierods, brake line, pitman, ujoints and more] just to avoid having to do it in the freezing cold [And yes, got an alignment after all that work]. Maybe you are not capable of the repair, and in that case that sucks if you don't have the $$to pay someone.

Could look on craigslist for a "mobile mechanic" who may be willing to barter for something.
 
How bad is the broke? re: car/detector
 
How bad is the broke? re: car/detector


What is wrong with the car? I have learned that was is broke for some might be an easy repair for others. Use the knowledge these people have. I crank a wrench on everything I have. Youtube is a good guide.
 
Alternater, powersteering pump and belt.
 
battery holders broke
 
Tough times' for lots of folks. Booming times for others. Not like the 1930's when the stock market crashed. No handouts back then.

<font size="3">

right
 
Alternater, powersteering pump and belt.

Try the auto wreckers for the used when you get a bit of coin. Youtube probably guide you the rest of the way. Best of luck
What's up with the detector?
 
Here's another thought from having owned a scrap yard.
Call an auto wrecker up and ask if you could trade a days labour for the parts even.
I know I have helped guys out over the years that had a bit of the hard times, and needed a bit of work/cash.
It worked out well because there's always something to be done.
 
You can drive with out a power steering pump if you have to. A refurbished alternator is around 60 bucks on trade in. Less than 20 for a cheap belt. I think you can be back on the road for less than a 100 bucks.I thought you had serious problems.
 
If gas prices keep going up were all gonna be broke
 
My teacher once asked me why I wasn't paying attention? I told her I was too poor.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom