What's new

Bucket lister find for me !

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Finally got a musket part. I have the gun my grandfathers grandfather had but I found this piece myself. I'm proud. It should clean up nice I will post an after pic . Found at late 1800s site I been hitting on my lunch break in the heat. It paid off. I was about to abandon this place as done.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7761.webp
    IMG_7761.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 316
Upvote 44
Without seeing Releantchairs post on the Dixie Gun works site, and that part being AVA. through them , this lock would be a definate "once in a life time find!" CONGRATS to you !
Thanks so much
 
Finally got a musket part. I have the gun my grandfathers grandfather had but I found this piece myself. I'm proud. It should clean up nice I will post an after pic . Found at late 1800s site I been hitting on my lunch break in the heat. It paid off. I was about to abandon this place as done.
Congrats! That should clean up nice!
 
Finally got a musket part. I have the gun my grandfathers grandfather had but I found this piece myself. I'm proud. It should clean up nice I will post an after pic . Found at late 1800s site I been hitting on my lunch break in the heat. It paid off. I was about to abandon this place as done.
Glad you stayed with. Hopefully more there for you! Congratulations!!
 
No very hot vinegar for about 3 sessions. My camera sucks too btw
Good job on the cleaning you stopped at just the right time. I like to use Apple cider vinegar every now and then. Nice find.

I once cleared a lot full of ivy with brush round up waited and dug many relics.
 
Good job on the cleaning you stopped at just the right time. I like to use Apple cider vinegar every now and then. Nice find.

I once cleared a lot full of ivy with brush round up waited and dug many relics.
Yes Ive got a good portion of the wooded site that hasn't been hit or able to swing. There's got to be more items there.
 
Nathan all of us would love to see the finished product of your weapon in all it's glory when your done ! Back in the early 60's I helped my Uncle on his chicken farm & cutting his land and a friend of my Uncles close to Hillsburo Ill. found a musket rifle while out plowing his land. He cleaned it up and showed us his "find" , It was awe inspring for this youg boy to see this ole gun and it caused me to keep a eye out for old things all my life long (so far)!!!!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom