What's new

Buckle down Irene, I am coming **pictures added**

Re: Buckle down Irene, I am coming

I was surprised, most jewelers will only pay 30% of spot and they give you the weight in grams so it is hard to compare to spot that is stated in troy ounces. Well I finally found a dealer that pays 50% of spot in cash. Those hundreds looked good ! I will post the pictures later. My net book is not set up for memory cards yet. Frank
 
Re: Buckle down Irene, I am coming

Frankn said:
I was surprised, most jewelers will only pay 30% of spot and they give you the weight in grams so it is hard to compare to spot that is stated in troy ounces. Well I finally found a dealer that pays 50% of spot in cash. Those hundreds looked good ! I will post the pictures later. My net book is not set up for memory cards yet. Frank
You can do much better than that on ebay. I averaged $28-$30+ a gram on there recently. I would never sell for less than 85-90% spot and even I could probably do better by sending it to Midwest, they pay 95%.
 
Re: Buckle down Irene, I am coming

OK, I know I am slow, but here are the Irene recovery photos. The first is the gold cross and chain. The next are in this order.
Ocean object as found-Front
Ocean object rear after abrasive blasting. Note bracket across back.
Ocean object after blasting and steel wire brushing. Note, there were no sparks.

What do you picture from it. The thing that scares me is I can see Gabrial in it & I can see the devil in it. Your opinion? Frank

PS I hit a state park that has been closed to detecting all summer on Tuesday!! Cherry picking time!!
 

Attachments

  • gold cross chain.webp
    gold cross chain.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 116
  • ocean object before.webp
    ocean object before.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 113
  • ocean object rear blasted.webp
    ocean object rear blasted.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 112
  • sea object after blasting and brushing.webp
    sea object after blasting and brushing.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom