What's new

Buffalo shaped tools

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K I have a pair of what looks like horse shoe scrapers . They both have the same spots worked .... I wanna hear everyone's take on these two odd pieces?
 

Attachments

  • image-248766362.webp
    image-248766362.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 154
  • image-1950933666.webp
    image-1950933666.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
This is like deja vu..
Don't you remember doing this already?
They still look like spoke shaves
 
This is like deja vu.. Don't you remember doing this already? They still look like spoke shaves
Yes but I thought I only posted the one made of fort Payne chert . My apologies gator for the double post thanks for y'all's comments
 
Well painterx7 super finds intresting paired together,if its intentional it should show it ! the backsides should have some complimentry knapps to complete a bison looking effigy product/tool. As we know the bison was a huge part of daily life for a very long time. Its no wonder how many got knapped out used as a prop for story telling or planning a great hunt, toys, trade ,and so on .
 
Nothing to apologize for.
I'm sure a lot of folks haven't seen them.
 
Well painterx7 super finds intresting paired together,if its intentional it should show it ! the backsides should have some complimentry knapps to complete a bison looking effigy product/tool. As we know the bison was a huge part of daily life for a very long time. Its no wonder how many got knapped out used as a prop for story telling or planning a great hunt, toys, trade ,and so on .
Not much work at all on the other sides just son the tips of the pointed parts .. As little as it is I would call them a uni face piece . I've been known to over think things before haha
 
...I haven't seen them before.....yes...they do look like Bison...love it! You should frame them with a "pasture" of Arrowhead trees maybe!? Thanks for sharing "again" for those of us who haven't seen...:)
 
...I haven't seen them before.....yes...they do look like Bison...love it! You should frame them with a "pasture" of Arrowhead trees maybe!? Thanks for sharing "again" for those of us who haven't seen...:)
Thanks Kat for your most kind words and great idea I might just do that ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom