What's new

Button or Pin / Escutcheon Plate

Flyingbuy

Full Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
144
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
2
Location
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
MineLabs (Explorer ) , Tesoro (DeLeon ) ,Garrett (AT Pro Gold)
Okay, first hunt of the year. I went to a little field that has been kicking up some nice early coppers in 2009. Nothing today except for these two items. The escutcheon is cool ,but can anyone identify the crest ? It seems to have unicorns on it ? but the faces look like tigers ? The second item looks like a button or could have been a pin ? the shank is gone but a solder mark is still there.
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 363
  • unicorn.webp
    unicorn.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
I think you posted the wrong 1st pic. Not a unicorn crest. The button seems to have a building with the words "NATIONAL ASSOCIATION." Not much to go on. Can you make out any other words. Please post pic of back and size.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think you posted the wrong 1st pic. Not a unicorn crest. The button seems to have a building with the words "NATIONAL ASSOCIATION." Not much to go on. Can you make out any other words. Please post pic of back and size.
Your right , I have them in the wrong order, guess thats what happens when you watch football and post at the same time , sorry y'all
 
Upvote 0
Actually it a Lion left & unicorn right, part of the Coats Of Arms of Great Britain. So probably British.
 
Upvote 0
This pic matches better -

FaneuilHall10.jpg


eta this is the State House in Boston - it probably says that NOT Faneuil Hall.
 
Upvote 0
Flyingbuy said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I think you posted the wrong 1st pic. Not a unicorn crest. The button seems to have a building with the words "NATIONAL ASSOCIATION." Not much to go on. Can you make out any other words. Please post pic of back and size.
Your right , I have them in the wrong order, guess thats what happens when you watch football and post at the same time , sorry y'all
Ah I see it now. I didnt see the unicorns at first on the escutcheon. I also was watching football. :-[

CRUSADER said:
Actually it a Lion left & unicorn right, part of the Coats Of Arms of Great Britain. So probably British.
 

Attachments

  • button british general service.webp
    button british general service.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 512
  • button british general service.webp
    button british general service.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
This pic matches better -


eta this is the State House in Boston -
Massachusetts State House good work Bramblefind. This is all I got.
 

Attachments

  • button boston state house.webp
    button boston state house.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Bramblefind said:
This pic matches better -


eta this is the State House in Boston -
Massachusetts State House good work Bramblefind. This is all I got.
Okay, I worked this "pin" a bit and it says " National Educational Assosiation" Date reads " July 3 ~ 10 1903. The 1903 looks like 1803 but I really don't think the state house was built, chime in history buffs ? I also included a shot of the eschotcheon showing it's size. By the way this arrow point , more like a speer head was in the hole I dug the pin from . Cool site , hope to be back on it this spring !!
 

Attachments

  • pin.webp
    pin.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 302
  • esco.webp
    esco.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 297
  • arrow 1.webp
    arrow 1.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like seahorses on the key hole plate to me??
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom