What's new

Button.

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if someone might know what this button is. It feels like its made of wood, though Im sure it isnt. But I have no idea what its made of. It sinks when put in water. It was found at a colonial site in a hole with another object I dug. I know its not colonial. But just what is it. Thanks for the help.

Mainer
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 177
This is a best guess, but most likely its a fashion button of the late 19th to early 20th C :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
13 stars for the colonies, maybe a navy button :icon_scratch: Whats the back look like? jgas
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Buttonfor1920sPeacoat.webp
    Buttonfor1920sPeacoat.webp
    47 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone. :icon_thumright:

Mainer
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom