BUYER BEWARE! 1712 2 Escudos on Ebay. Fake or Real???

Zephyr said:
Here we go. Remembered that I had a pic of some that I had cast up in brass:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/egodarter/Cast.jpg

(A little rough, but still enough to make you drool.... :wink:)

WOW :o

Now file the edges. Take them and run them through a rock tumbler 1/3 full of aquarium gravel/beach sand mix. Add enough water to cover the mixture and tumble for about 12 hours. Heat in an oven as high as possible for 6 hours. Cover them with Dellers Darkener and after 1/2 hour wipe it off.

Using aluminum foil, carefully rub off the high points (make them look shiny gold) leaving that dark background. Heat coins with hot air gun (hair dryer) and coat them with Renaissance Wax. When dry buff and let them set for a month.

Glossy spread clear coat is better than Ren Wax in some ways. ;D

Sell on ebay for $$ (just kidding). :thumbsup:

MB

Or I could just gold plate them. :wink: They could never pass as genuine though, as the "COPY" on the back would give that away. :D
If anybody can guess what coin it is, give yourself a gold star. ;D

Zephyr said:
Or I could just gold plate them. :wink: They could never pass as genuine though, as the "COPY" on the back would give that away. :D
If anybody can guess what coin it is, give yourself a gold star. ;D

Let me guess...they're one of the round ones?

Actually (new over used word) my method is best cause it makes them look old.

The ideal would be to make them out of lead and somehow plate them with antique gold. I'd put some minor damage on each and by all means lose that COPY word! Probably 3 out of 5 ebay coin buyers would know what that means ;D

This sounds like great fun! What do I need to get started casting?

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back