C. Kenworthy MONUMENT SITES

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like a yard to me, there should be two boulders on the East side less than 200 feet they may be 95 /189.5 feet apart ( N - S ) perhaps on the side and the near top of a small hill, waist high or so

Thanks Dsty: I have found a stone about the size Of a bushel basket shaped like an arrowhead. The point was pointing northeast if i remember correct. I could not measure the distance but some where around 200 feet sounds right. I think a yard means you are close. However all the signs pointing in different directions really swamps the mind. If one knew which signs to follow and which ones to ignore It would sure make it easier. Thanks again

Pinwheel

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Pinwheel, yes a yard = you are at the NW corner of a league square, there will be information as to if its a triangle / square / rectangle thru a series of 1/2 walnut ( 1" across and 1" deep ) a carving, or just a rock in the shape of what you seek, there will be 3 or 4 corner markers on the East side of your yard two will run north and south, go to the one thats fartherest north and it may be 320 degrees to the middle one at 190 feet. That will be the third if its a triangle. That rock thats shaped like a arrowhead may have a map on the bottom, thats 4' X 6 inches, take care when turning it over and take a photo of it but the rock back

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello desty. Thank you so much for your last post in this thread. I do not how I missed it before now unless it was posted about the time I went into the hospital. I was hoping to get back up on the mountain and gather some information before the buzztails come out to play. In this part of the world it is really dangerous to be up there when the buzztails are out. One cannot see them because of the foliage and dry lleaves until you step on them unless they buzz. Any ways it does not look like i will be able to get back there until april and may is just to dangerous. Thanks again for the information. As always, it's the best.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:
A few weeks ago I read some information that some rattlers in Louisiana were discovered not giving warnings. The speculation is that the wild hogs were keying in to the snakes when they'd shake their rattles and that the snakes had somehow figured out that "buzzing" was unhealthy and would just coil up and strike anything coming close. Luck was with the person getting struck because they were wearing "gators" or snake boots (I forget which).

Those people posted their experiences on facebook, complete with photos of a big-assed rattler. :)

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Short Stack. Here in the mountains of western Arkansas the climate is pretty mild. The weather can be 75 degrees during the daytime and down into the 30's at night. This is in the winter and spring. The snakes come out to hunt in the spring but if they get caught up in a cold front, they become very slow to move. On those cool mornings they just will not buzz. But if you step on one they will bit. They were some turkey hunters killed an 11 foot western diamond back In the general area of one of my sites. They had it all over facebook as well. That sure got my attention. Hunters usually kill them when they can but the game and fish keeps importing them in from the west. They say it is important to the eco system. I think they do it just to keep people out of these mountains.

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:
Sounds like some of the same "rocket scientists" are at work in Arkansas that was once out in California. In the early 80s, I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB, outside of Lompoc, CA, and found that the whole area of the Central Coast part of the state was literally crawling with Pacific Rattlesnakes......the highest concentration of rattlesnakes in the U.S. and in the past, some braineacts at the Game and Fish Commission figured that they could bring in wild pigs to eat the snakes and keep them thinned out. Well, those idiots did not know that the snakes and pigs did not travel in the same terrain. The pigs ran the creek bottoms and low areas and did take out some of the snakes, but the majority of rattlers tended to stay higher up on the banks and cliff faces. Sooooooo, it wasn't too long before that area of the state was not only up to their asses in rattlers, but also up to those same asses in wild pigs.....with 3 inch tusks. Those fools actually get paid for that kind of idiocy. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions