What's new

Caleb Cushing and James DeNoon Reymert

cuzimloony

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
975
Reaction score
1,624
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can tell, Caleb Cushing was "clearly" a southern sympathizer. Cursory research shows that there is a letter, who's contents I cannot find but apparently caused enough uproar to kill his supreme court nomination, that he wrote to Jefferson Davis. He presided over the Democratic National Convention, but then afterward, presided over the convention of states who seceded, meaning....he was here showing his southern sympathies, despite being a northerner. He was, according to wikipedia, pro states-rights, anti-abolition and for all intents and purposes, pretty much acting in southern interests. It was while presiding over this seceding convention that they nominated Breckenridge for the Presidency. He served as attorney general under Buchanan, who was also a northerner with southern interests. Etc, etc..

Also, I'm seeing rumors of a relationship between Albert Pike and Cushing. I say "rumor" because I am waiting on the Library of Congress to get back to me about accessing the Cushing Papers there, which do show correspondences between Cushing and Albert Pike. The correspondences have their own heading and Box Number at the LOC, but the contents aren't digitized so.... I'm waiting to hear back from them about getting access, or copies. That said, all of the other sources I can find online relating to the contact between them are totally conspiracy websites that are hard for me to take seriously. Source = "trust me bro".

Cushing was definitely a Northern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite Mason and everyone knows Pike was the Southern Jurisdiction's paladin. I've seen written that were it not for Cushing using his political influence, Pike wouldn't even have been in South Carolina, let alone a Freemason, since they were both friends apparently from the same Massachusetts town, BUT, elsewhere on the same website they'll show you a letter that Albert Pike wrote predicting WWIII, 40 years after he died. While I wait on the Library of Congress's email, would anyone care to inject? That's what I'm here for :). What is this about......???

Intro over, on to some of his personal ventures. He, Cushing, had interests in Wisconsin, specifically in the St. Croix Valley, and this is where my interests begin to get a little piqued because there is some pretty significant contact between Cushing and Reymert in a business venture there. The Great European American Emigration Land Company was set up by Cushing and in part Reymert as well, to entice and help Northern Europeans come to America and work the land. (Side note...this reminds me of Jacob Waltz, who is said to have come over in much the same manner....to Natchez of all places. Anyway...) There are correspondences written between Reymert and Cushing as well at the Library of Congress, but again, not digitized. I'm waiting on these too..... Apparently, in those correspondences is an October 6, 1861 letter to Cushing in which Reymert wrote cryptically, "I am anxious to lay before you some plans , which, if I can execute, will be of very great benefit to your interest in the SOUTHWEST (emphasis mine), etc..." Letter on file under the heading Land Speculation in Caleb Cushing papers, Library of Congress."

So....all of this because, I'm doing a bit of research on the town of Reymert. I am hoping to make a video there (Joe's Low Budget Treasure Channel...get some!) and want to be as knowledgable as I can be before making a fool of myself :). This place is a stone's throw from me and so, that increases my interest. This place seems like a prime candidate for a KGC mining town and Im looking for as much help and as many sources as possible. I'll even take the "outlandish" (I say that as respectfully as possible) sources that say things like Albert Pike worshipped lucifer, but I will have to give them a different weighting, obviously. ;).

Anyone care to chime in on this possible KGC mining town? There are two here right next to each other, Reymert and DeNoon. I think DeNoon is the only one I can get to as Reymert is now private land.......but same guy, same place basically. Thanks in advance and I hope this brings back some lively KGC discussion!
 
Last edited:
Albert Pike is rightfully celebrated as a Scottish Rite Mason. He compiled much info regarding the “ancient” history of the organization. Pike was not perfect, nor were any of his expoundings of such treatises.
I would urge anyone (Mason or unaffiliated) to read his expose on Morals and Dogma. Readily available in hardback to anyone seeking (ask your local library to source it).
He has many mathematical insights that are, of themselves, worthy of print.
 
Albert Pike is rightfully celebrated as a Scottish Rite Mason. He compiled much info regarding the “ancient” history of the organization. Pike was not perfect, nor were any of his expoundings of such treatises.
I would urge anyone (Mason or unaffiliated) to read his expose on Morals and Dogma. Readily available in hardback to anyone seeking (ask your local library to source it).
He has many mathematical insights that are, of themselves, worthy of print.
Agreed!
20250702_150420.webp
 
Albert Pike is rightfully celebrated as a Scottish Rite Mason. He compiled much info regarding the “ancient” history of the organization. Pike was not perfect, nor were any of his expoundings of such treatises.
I would urge anyone (Mason or unaffiliated) to read his expose on Morals and Dogma. Readily available in hardback to anyone seeking (ask your local library to source it).
He has many mathematical insights that are, of themselves, worthy of print.

Since the copyright has expired, you can download it for free as a pdf file from the Internet Archive at the link below. No account or sign-up required.

 
From what I can tell, Caleb Cushing was "clearly" a southern sympathizer. Cursory research shows that there is a letter, who's contents I cannot find but apparently caused enough uproar to kill his supreme court nomination, that he wrote to Jefferson Davis. He presided over the Democratic National Convention, but then afterward, presided over the convention of states who seceded, meaning....he was here showing his southern sympathies, despite being a northerner. He was, according to wikipedia, pro states-rights, anti-abolition and for all intents and purposes, pretty much acting in southern interests. It was while presiding over this seceding convention that they nominated Breckenridge for the Presidency. He served as attorney general under Buchanan, who was also a northerner with southern interests. Etc, etc..

Also, I'm seeing rumors of a relationship between Albert Pike and Cushing. I say "rumor" because I am waiting on the Library of Congress to get back to me about accessing the Cushing Papers there, which do show correspondences between Cushing and Albert Pike. The correspondences have their own heading and Box Number at the LOC, but the contents aren't digitized so.... I'm waiting to hear back from them about getting access, or copies. That said, all of the other sources I can find online relating to the contact between them are totally conspiracy websites that are hard for me to take seriously. Source = "trust me bro".

Cushing was definitely a Northern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite Mason and everyone knows Pike was the Southern Jurisdiction's paladin. I've seen written that were it not for Cushing using his political influence, Pike wouldn't even have been in South Carolina, let alone a Freemason, since they were both friends apparently from the same Massachusetts town, BUT, elsewhere on the same website they'll show you a letter that Albert Pike wrote predicting WWIII, 40 years after he died. While I wait on the Library of Congress's email, would anyone care to inject? That's what I'm here for :). What is this about......???

Intro over, on to some of his personal ventures. He, Cushing, had interests in Wisconsin, specifically in the St. Croix Valley, and this is where my interests begin to get a little piqued because there is some pretty significant contact between Cushing and Reymert in a business venture there. The Great European American Emigration Land Company was set up by Cushing and in part Reymert as well, to entice and help Northern Europeans come to America and work the land. (Side note...this reminds me of Jacob Waltz, who is said to have come over in much the same manner....to Natchez of all places. Anyway...) There are correspondences written between Reymert and Cushing as well at the Library of Congress, but again, not digitized. I'm waiting on these too..... Apparently, in those correspondences is an October 6, 1861 letter to Cushing in which Reymert wrote cryptically, "I am anxious to lay before you some plans , which, if I can execute, will be of very great benefit to your interest in the SOUTHWEST (emphasis mine), etc..." Letter on file under the heading Land Speculation in Caleb Cushing papers, Library of Congress."

So....all of this because, I'm doing a bit of research on the town of Reymert. I am hoping to make a video there (Joe's Low Budget Treasure Channel...get some!) and want to be as knowledgable as I can be before making a fool of myself :). This place is a stone's throw from me and so, that increases my interest. This place seems like a prime candidate for a KGC mining town and Im looking for as much help and as many sources as possible. I'll even take the "outlandish" (I say that as respectfully as possible) sources that say things like Albert Pike worshipped lucifer, but I will have to give them a different weighting, obviously. ;).

Anyone care to chime in on this possible KGC mining town? There are two here right next to each other, Reymert and DeNoon. I think DeNoon is the only one I can get to as Reymert is now private land.......but same guy, same place basically. Thanks in advance and I hope this brings back some lively KGC discussion!
Wasn't Reymert in Bob Brewer's search area when he was searching for a KGC depository in Arizona? Yes, Bob mentions Reymert on page 192 of Rebel Gold.
 
Wasn't Reymert in Bob Brewer's search area when he was searching for a KGC depository in Arizona? Yes, Bob mentions Reymert on page 192 of Rebel Gold.
Yes and yes.
The center of his map overlay.
 
Wasn't Reymert in Bob Brewer's search area when he was searching for a KGC depository in Arizona? Yes, Bob mentions Reymert on page 192 of Rebel Gold.
Heart Mountain is on the agenda too. It's just that Reymert (DeNoon) is easier to get to....
 
Last edited:
Yes and yes.
The center of his map overlay.
Goooollly! Why don't one of you two make my presentation in August.... Cushing made a fortune from the Opium trade with China. Can't recall just now but he was involved with the Clipper ships plying that route to Far East. He and Reymert were partners in several mining ventures, the one is MN was a fabulous iron ore deposit something said to the tune of biggest ever? somewhere or like that. In Rebel Gold I told of a spurious gold rush all around the area where I grew up... I still own property in the middle of the rush area. That region is one has the most densely placed caches of treasure found anywhere. A reminder.... the area is all National Forest and off limits to digging except with prospecting tools. Mel Fisher, Norman Scott, C. L. Kenworthy, not Chuck, Long John Latham, Apache Jim Wilson, Jim Alexander, Charles Garrett and others either came to my kin or me for information or asked about the Ouachitas at treasure shows. I helped Dayne Chastain and Mel with some work and believe they made two recoveries. The backhoe man they hired to dig the places wouldn't tell me what they found, holes are still visible. In fact Mel's Equity AU company bought 71 acres from Grandpa Ashcraft's daughter, Edna Lawrence. This place was my playground and supplied my training aids since I was big enough to pee hard on the ground. Think likewise for the MN iron mines! The Albert Pike area which I can see the mountains of from my drones over our ranch is about 20 miles as a crows fly. I'm too old to continue searching over there and most of the trees marked by Pike are gone, luckily I have photos and some video of most of them. I have found the holes where two big treasures were dug up. Found the hole by following the clues there. One said to be half a mil. and the other 80,000 double eagles. Another the one found by the turn coats was buried under Pike's backdoor step, his slave Brutus? can't say that is right name but similar, was given a half gallon of moonshine and while he was drunk he discloed the cache under a big slab of stone for doorstep. It was a small wash pot full of eagles, half and quarter eagles, Each of the four culprits got a syrup bucket of coins for their reward. The leader of the gangs daughter had a lot of the loot and moved to near Nashoba, Choctaw Nation and lived for a number of years, before returning to Fancy Hill where all the Cogburns and Whisenhunts lived. Some how my wife and daughter have a necklace made with quarter eagle coins from near Nashoba. Nicely Pike was an Occultist, soe of the stories I heard when I was a boy, was the he had buggy loads of people come to his place and they held ceremonies by bonfire light and all danced nude around the fire. Pike had a seer (witch?) who could levitate people to float around the room, also said to call in demons. That is beyond my pay grade so can't vouch for the stories.
Oh! You mentioned the stage road down Queen Creek, Hewitt Station on the old RR is real interesting as is Hewitt Canyon, you know the topo horse's head is on the mountain west side . Lots more about all that in my upcoming book, will not be mentioned in presentation.
Dang got to get to work I am going to be absent here for awhile.
HBBB
 
Goooollly! Why don't one of you two make my presentation in August.... Cushing made a fortune from the Opium trade with China. Can't recall just now but he was involved with the Clipper ships plying that route to Far East. He and Reymert were partners in several mining ventures, the one is MN was a fabulous iron ore deposit something said to the tune of biggest ever? somewhere or like that. In Rebel Gold I told of a spurious gold rush all around the area where I grew up... I still own property in the middle of the rush area. That region is one has the most densely placed caches of treasure found anywhere. A reminder.... the area is all National Forest and off limits to digging except with prospecting tools. Mel Fisher, Norman Scott, C. L. Kenworthy, not Chuck, Long John Latham, Apache Jim Wilson, Jim Alexander, Charles Garrett and others either came to my kin or me for information or asked about the Ouachitas at treasure shows. I helped Dayne Chastain and Mel with some work and believe they made two recoveries. The backhoe man they hired to dig the places wouldn't tell me what they found, holes are still visible. In fact Mel's Equity AU company bought 71 acres from Grandpa Ashcraft's daughter, Edna Lawrence. This place was my playground and supplied my training aids since I was big enough to pee hard on the ground. Think likewise for the MN iron mines! The Albert Pike area which I can see the mountains of from my drones over our ranch is about 20 miles as a crows fly. I'm too old to continue searching over there and most of the trees marked by Pike are gone, luckily I have photos and some video of most of them. I have found the holes where two big treasures were dug up. Found the hole by following the clues there. One said to be half a mil. and the other 80,000 double eagles. Another the one found by the turn coats was buried under Pike's backdoor step, his slave Brutus? can't say that is right name but similar, was given a half gallon of moonshine and while he was drunk he discloed the cache under a big slab of stone for doorstep. It was a small wash pot full of eagles, half and quarter eagles, Each of the four culprits got a syrup bucket of coins for their reward. The leader of the gangs daughter had a lot of the loot and moved to near Nashoba, Choctaw Nation and lived for a number of years, before returning to Fancy Hill where all the Cogburns and Whisenhunts lived. Some how my wife and daughter have a necklace made with quarter eagle coins from near Nashoba. Nicely Pike was an Occultist, soe of the stories I heard when I was a boy, was the he had buggy loads of people come to his place and they held ceremonies by bonfire light and all danced nude around the fire. Pike had a seer (witch?) who could levitate people to float around the room, also said to call in demons. That is beyond my pay grade so can't vouch for the stories.
Oh! You mentioned the stage road down Queen Creek, Hewitt Station on the old RR is real interesting as is Hewitt Canyon, you know the topo horse's head is on the mountain west side . Lots more about all that in my upcoming book, will not be mentioned in presentation.
Dang got to get to work I am going to be absent here for awhile.
HBBB
Lots to cover... a bullet list will make it digestable :)
  • I will be there at your presentation in August.
  • Cushing and the opium trade.... very good info. I usually think of "Sassoon" when i think Chinese opium trade, but it looks like Cushing is added to the list. I did see he was US Ambassador to China, under Tyler, but didn't put together any opium trade stuff. Makes sense. Great stuff here.
  • I am familiar with Reymert's and Cushing's St. Croix Valley initiatives in WI with not only mining and lumber, but also the importation of European workers (Dutchman style) to work the lumber and mines. I also have a reference in a letter to "our southwest interests" and Im hoping to tie that in more conclusively with the "town" of Reymert. I'm waiting on the LOC to help answer some of those questions....and soliciting any info here :).
  • I will looking into their mining endeavors in MN as well.
  • You mentioned "Hewitt Station" which I was purposely not naming....but that cat's out :) I am very interested in a new line of thinking you've given me..... you say "Hewitt Station on the old RR..." Man, I tell ya, I had only been associating this place with a stage route, not a railroad. There IS as railroad track in sight of this place however, and now Im tying this place in to not just a stage route for the Silver King and Pinal, but a train route for much more..... With the Martinez mines nearby as well as known confederate/Masonic towns (Adamsville) in throwing distance, I have lots to think about and explore. Thanks for that tidbit. I forsee this weekend as a studious one.
  • Are you familiar with The Wagoner story? Any thoughts?
  • Pike and the "occult" (which just means "hidden" from you...). A real Aleister Crowley eh. lol. Im not saying Pike was a billionaire, but it reminds me of a saying. Something like: "Millionaires don't have astrologers on their team, but billionaires do." It seems occultism is common in those "matrix maker" circles.
  • Yes I know about the horse.
  • Also if you see the "horse" map below, there is a line from Miners Needle, right to the Silver King. That line repesents the direction of the gaze of a giant 3D head I found off trail at the top of Miner's Needle. He seems to be looking right at the Silver King.
  • So much more about Pike...but this list is long and your time is precious, Im sure. Thank you kindly and see you in August!

20250705_084551.webp


20241130_122612.webp
 
Last edited:
hey cuz, you may be a candidate for GCR, if I was young enough to keep working in the desert. I took the wife and our girl friend to the mountains to try and find a Holly tree and a huge outcrop of rock at a place I haven't been since the 1980s. I was going through photos for my presentation and found one taken with a Cannon SLR, pre digital camera and seen some thing on the laptop not noticable by naked eye, at least my old eyes. Anyway I thought the trek up the mountain would be possible and I surprised mysself by getting to and finding the tree and getting back without seeing a snake or falling down. So I may be more spry than I thought. After all 85.5 is only as old as you let it be.
This post is in reply to the big head rock you posted. I believe there is a lot more there than you called attention to. I'm not intending to pray on things you wish to conceal but there are important things in the pic, and since I am attempting by spending time on the forum to educate those who want or need it, So I noted some things on your pic of interest to me and maybe others will like to see it too. Text is added. There are more clues in the pic but I don't want to steal your thunder.
HBBB
 

Attachments

  • head from cuzimlooney on forum.webp
    head from cuzimlooney on forum.webp
    3 MB · Views: 98
hey cuz, you may be a candidate for GCR, if I was young enough to keep working in the desert. I took the wife and our girl friend to the mountains to try and find a Holly tree and a huge outcrop of rock at a place I haven't been since the 1980s. I was going through photos for my presentation and found one taken with a Cannon SLR, pre digital camera and seen some thing on the laptop not noticable by naked eye, at least my old eyes. Anyway I thought the trek up the mountain would be possible and I surprised mysself by getting to and finding the tree and getting back without seeing a snake or falling down. So I may be more spry than I thought. After all 85.5 is only as old as you let it be.
This post is in reply to the big head rock you posted. I believe there is a lot more there than you called attention to. I'm not intending to pray on things you wish to conceal but there are important things in the pic, and since I am attempting by spending time on the forum to educate those who want or need it, So I noted some things on your pic of interest to me and maybe others will like to see it too. Text is added. There are more clues in the pic but I don't want to steal your thunder.
HBBB
There is a reply to HBBB first (numbers 1 & 2), and then an update on the LOC afterward (number 3)

1. My Brewer, first off, please feel free to steal my thunder. :) I won't be offended. Part of the reason I post here is to bounce ideas off of people and to get new thing perspectives. I don't have anyone in my personal life who is into this so, this site's content, and especially any comments of yours are absolutely highly welcomed by me.

2. About the head: Thank you for your reply and for marking up the picture. You give me a lot to think about. I want to go back and see if that snake head/dog is movable or immovable, and check out those shadows at different times of the day. There is a LOT more I saw up there and didn't mention, but not because I'm hiding anything from anyone. It's because I don't know what to make of it yet. That said....... I have video. :). If you liked the picture, you'll love this (well maybe, Im not the best videographer....Im just a thunter/hiker with a camera). It is high definition so if it looks blurry, adjust your youtube settings to show 4K. At one point, you can hear me say, (if you watch the video) that I think the head is looking at Buzzard's Roost. It's not. As previously mentioned, it's gaze it directly to the Silver King mine. However.....I'm going back to the map to extend that line further and see what else it crosses.....



There is a Part 1 of that video as well, but it is older, not as well made and longer. BUT, there is even more things to see in that video....pointer rocks, cairns, etc..

Also along the same trail. The Heart.



3. I have heard back from the LOC and they have sent me 8 letters between Cushing and Reymert, and a description of dozens more with their locations in the LOC, concerning their land deals. I need to go to DC to see the others, but I have these 8 to start with. Some of these letters are 3 or 4 pages long (1.5 - 2 pages front and back). Next time I'm in PA, I might make a jaunt down to DC and see the rest..... Reymert AND Cushing both write in very fancy cursive so it'll take me some time to translate these scans, BUT..... I have them. I'm excited and will report back.
 
Last edited:
Bob provided the text to this in his book already. A letter from Reymert to Cushing. I can confirm it is legit, if you want to believe me :) Either way, it's here for future reference.

Astor House(?), October 6th 1861​
Dear ___, I received your letter of 4th_____ and shall await your arrival, and as soon afterward as possible shall return to St. Croix. I am anxious to lay before you, some plans, which, if I can _____ will be of very great benefit to your interests in the Southwest and should they meet your approval I must hasten back to carry them out.
Yours truly,
JDReymert

​
Screenshot 2025-07-07 at 1.48.11 PM.webp
 
Nice video cuz. Your online buddy at 1:32 provided an interesting comment re an Aztec connection to the Superstitions. I just finished re-reading R.G Babcock's Chicomoztoc, a 2010 book which provides a ton of intriguing speculation about the Seven Caves and Aztec/Superstition links. Babcock is likely just another crazed treasure hunter to many, but IMO he provides ample food for thought.

Your rock head (the hoodoo you found) needs more definition to be decisive, IMO. I see what you're seeing in it, but I would be more apt to call it pareidolia. Incidentally, that sure looks like a turtle on the very top of the rock (3:39).
Screenshot 2025-07-07 at 7.38.40 PM.webp


By the way, my pareidolien eye is impressed by the scary beady-eyed dude at 7:46 - he could be called an Aztec god with a big headdress in my book.
Screenshot 2025-07-07 at 7.44.57 PM.webp
 
Nice video cuz. Your online buddy at 1:32 provided an interesting comment re an Aztec connection to the Superstitions. I just finished re-reading R.G Babcock's Chicomoztoc, a 2010 book which provides a ton of intriguing speculation about the Seven Caves and Aztec/Superstition links. Babcock is likely just another crazed treasure hunter to many, but IMO he provides ample food for thought.

Your rock head (the hoodoo you found) needs more definition to be decisive, IMO. I see what you're seeing in it, but I would be more apt to call it pareidolia. Incidentally, that sure looks like a turtle on the very top of the rock (3:39).
View attachment 2215746

By the way, my pareidolien eye is impressed by the scary beady-eyed dude at 7:46 - he could be called an Aztec god with a big headdress in my book.
View attachment 2215747

Thanks for watching!!

A couple thoughts...
In my head at the time of the "online buddy" comment was you and Markmar. Glad you got to see that :)

The turtle has been noticed. That's one of the things that makes me lean toward "crafted"....but really, the head may be natural and the turtle crafted I guess. It also looks like a spanish helmet that curves up on its extremities.

"Aztec god with a headress....." Veeeeeeery interesting. Up there at that height, in the wind and rain and duststorms, it would be very exposed and weathered, just as it looks currently Id say. Nice observation.

I did see either weathering, or a carving, high up that looked like a snake with a sun head. It didnt come out in the video, but imagine a snake slithering upwards with sun rays coming out of its head. Id say about 10-15 feet tall, 1 foot wide, S-shape.

As far as pareidolia..... I cant rule that out. Of course not. It only has 1 eye, the head is jacked up, it only looks good from the west, southwest sides, etc......

.......but it IS looking right to the Silver King..........lol
 
Pareidolia is tricky. I'm very susceptible to it and therefore very skeptical of the conclusions it offers. That's why I question the "manmade carving" claims made for so many looks-like phenomena, all the way from small rocks to entire mountainsides. On the other hand, if a natural looks-like is unmistakable and obvious to all, it serves as a great landmark to find.
Look to the left.webp

"Look that way!"

A man-carved rock, even an old one, ought to show evidence of manipulation IMO - tool marks, discoloration, etc that persists for centuries even.

Here's one I know about. On a creek-level trail at the Dragonfly Site, there's an inviting smooth rock chair to rest on. It has a carving on it - just a round dot. When you sit there and look straight up, you notice a dog looking intently on something to the right.
002.webp

"Woof. It's right here. C'mon up."

Nothing visible from the trail, but if you climb up to the dog's perspective you find what he's looking at.
Near dog rock 1.webp

"Look for more of this upstream."

These intriguing petroglyphs need no discussion here, but the site itself is named for a simple insect (lower center of panel), but some believe it is a stylized Lorraine Cross, which has its own connotations. Was the dog rock carved? Not totally, but IMO the eye, ear line and snout were manipulated with tools. Point is, man did it for a reason - to help a searcher notice the carvings.
 
Last edited:
Pareidolia is tricky. I'm very susceptible to it and therefore very skeptical of the conclusions it offers. That's why I question the "manmade carving" claims made for so many looks-like phenomena, all the way from small rocks to entire mountainsides. On the other hand, if a natural looks-like is unmistakable and obvious to all, it serves as a great landmark to find.
View attachment 2215792
"Look that way!"

A man-carved rock, even an old one, ought to show evidence of manipulation IMO - tool marks, discoloration, etc that persists for centuries even.

Here's one I know about. On a creek-level trail at the Dragonfly Site, there's an inviting smooth rock chair to rest on. It has a carving on it - just a round dot. When you sit there and look straight up, you notice a dog looking intently on something to the right.View attachment 2215814
"Woof. It's right here. C'mon up."

Nothing visible from the trail, but if you climb up to the dog's perspective you find what he's looking at.
View attachment 2215815
"Look for more of this upstream."

These intriguing petroglyphs need no discussion here, but the site itself is named for a simple insect (lower center of panel), but some believe it is a stylized Lorraine Cross, which has its own connotations. Was the dog rock carved? Not totally, but IMO the eye, ear line and snout were manipulated with tools. Point is, man did it for a reason - to help a searcher notice the carvings.
Excellent post. Another well thought out, though provoking masterpiece.
Thats why Im on this site.
 

If you guys like podcasts, these guys are great.

Part 1 in a 3 part series. Part 3 is the best part, but you totally need the first 2 parts.....
 

If you guys like podcasts, these guys are great.

Part 1 in a 3 part series. Part 3 is the best part, but you totally need the first 2 parts.....
cuz don't put too much faith in what that blog says, they are telling only what is found on the interent. I didn't hear much that myself and other posted or wrote about 30+ years ago. Remember this was a secret society and little is known that is insider info. I was lucky there was nothing to keep me from visiting many libraries and the LOC and National Archives on three trips to D.C. The best thing about being ahead or the curve in researching the *** was that books on the subject were not sought after and at used book stores, take the Black Book was selling for 5-10 bucks and other I won't even mention were 25.00 more or less. I bought boxs of the Black Book before I ever published anything about, what became the hottest topic in treasure hunting. Now any of the original printing copies are collectors items and sell for hundreds $$. You can be sure when I let the cat out of the bag on several of the other world's greatest treasure mysteries, those books will jump again in price. Most of the important titles are so old they are never mentioned. Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find.
also look at the right side of your dog's nose, it is a change in direction to the way the dog nose pointed. When you crossed queen creek to go up Hewitt canyon, look to the right, west at a hill just across the deep canyon, if you find the right clues you may be near a reward..
HBBB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom