What's new

Caleb Cushing and James DeNoon Reymert

Whoa Nelly............. I think Im on to something fellas.
Oh! You mentioned the stage road down Queen Creek, Hewitt Station on the old RR is real interesting as is Hewitt Canyon, you know the topo horse's head is on the mountain west side . Lots more about all that in my upcoming book, will not be mentioned in presentation.
Dang got to get to work I am going to be absent here for awhile.
HBBB

Hewitt is now, for me finally, officially connected to Reymert....
...and add KING Wash to the list. This obviously ties in to that other treasure legend I am very interested in concerning suitcases.......

Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 8.48.41 AM.webp

Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 8.44.17 AM.webp
 
Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find.
also look at the right side of your dog's nose, it is a change in direction to the way the dog nose pointed. When you crossed queen creek to go up Hewitt canyon, look to the right, west at a hill just across the deep canyon, if you find the right clues you may be near a reward..
HBBB
Mr. Brewer....I like challenges, and you owe me a steak dinner :). He immigrated here from Ireland and went right to work in the Silver King.... I wonder how he got here. Was Cushing and Reymert's company responsible? More avenues to follow, but I found Hewitt.

Hugh Hewitt
Born: Sept 1847 Dublin Ireland
Naturalized: Pinal County, Arizona Oct 6, 1890
Died: April 1902
Buried: Tempe Double Butte Cemetery, Maricopa County

Here is his brand:
Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 11.08.45 AM.webp


...and here is his obituary:
Hugh Hewitt Obit.webp


Here is his grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/44947268/hugh-hewitt

and just in time too cause Im hungry!! :)
 
Mr. Brewer....I like challenges, and you owe me a steak dinner :). He immigrated here from Ireland and went right to work in the Silver King.... I wonder how he got here. Was Cushing and Reymert's company responsible? More avenues to follow, but I found Hewitt.

Hugh Hewitt
Born: Sept 1847 Dublin Ireland
Naturalized: Pinal County, Arizona Oct 6, 1890
Died: April 1902
Buried: Tempe Double Butte Cemetery, Maricopa County

Here is his brand:
View attachment 2218730

...and here is his obituary:
View attachment 2218731

Here is his grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/44947268/hugh-hewitt

and just in time too cause Im hungry!! :)
Cuz

Excellent research and discovery! The plot thickens....

-SpartanOC
 
Im on a roll.....
Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 8.06.20 PM.webp


Screenshot 2025-07-28 at 8.07.47 PM.webp
 
A connection made clearer....to summarize a bit.
Cushing and Reymert had a business together. The Great European Land Emigration Co. This company specialized in organizing European men, mainly northern Europeans, to emigrate to the USA and work the lumber yards and mines under Cushing's and Reymert's control.
Jacob Waltz fits this mold of man who came here from Europe, by way of Nachez, to work the mines....
Hugh Hewitt, seems to fit this exact mold too. He came from northern Europe and went right to work at the Silver King. Did he know about the Silver King when he was in Ireland? Was he a "client" of the Great European Land Emigration Company? Did he make it from Ireland to Silver King all on his own accord? Did he have help? Etc....
That is all. Thank you for your attention to this matter ;)
 
...
Jacob Waltz fits this mold of man who came here from Europe, by way of Nachez, to work the mines....
... ;)
To some, Waltz could fit the bill as a KGC sympathizer, operative, even a "sentinel". Here are a couple documentable bread crumbs that may or may not link Waltz to the KGC, at least tangentially:

Waltz: 1840s, a couple years in Natchez, MS, county seat of Adams County, an "incubator" for the eventual founding of the KGC under General John A. Quitman.
Waltz: 1858-1862, active in mining in central/southern CA. Considerable KGC organization/activity in central CA during this period.
Waltz: originator of the "Lost Dutchman" mine legend and provider of information for its whereabouts, initiating an intensive search that has presumably not been successful.
 
Heart Mountain is on the agenda too. It's just that Reymert (DeNoon) is easier to get to....
Treasure signs are near buzzard roost in Logan County Arkansas too. Snake,turtle and Masonic symbol. I moved from there though and am right across hwy 60 from the Reymert mine
 
Treasure signs are near buzzard roost in Logan County Arkansas too. Snake,turtle and Masonic symbol. I moved from there though and am right across hwy 60 from the Reymert mine
You must be from youtube..... :). Welcome to the discussion! I was in Queen Valley last weekend. Well, I drove through it on the way to the Roost..... I didn't know there was one in Arkansas too..... Interesting. If you saw the video, did you see the skull and 5-pointed star?
 
To some, Waltz could fit the bill as a KGC sympathizer, operative, even a "sentinel". Here are a couple documentable bread crumbs that may or may not link Waltz to the KGC, at least tangentially:

Waltz: 1840s, a couple years in Natchez, MS, county seat of Adams County, an "incubator" for the eventual founding of the KGC under General John A. Quitman.
Waltz: 1858-1862, active in mining in central/southern CA. Considerable KGC organization/activity in central CA during this period.
Waltz: originator of the "Lost Dutchman" mine legend and provider of information for its whereabouts, initiating an intensive search that has presumably not been successful.
Adding one to the list:
Waltz frequented, spent time in and resupplied in Adamsville. As evidenced by the gravestones in the cemetary, Adamsville was led (and by led I mean the movers and shakers of the town) by confederates, Masons and Mormons. That is who Waltz would have been hanging out with when he was there.......
 
Here is a newspaper article that describes Reymert as "dough-faced" which mean he was a souther-sympathizer. "tricky transactions of the DOUGH FACED dastard..." Maybe it gives us a bit of insight as to how Reymert was viewed by other people. What does "d_____n" mean?
Screenshot 2025-07-29 at 6.53.16 PM.webp
 
Cuz

This could easily explain how the Wagoner had Ore. Finding an area where it was thrown down to, which is easily retrieved. No digging needed, no Mining needed. Grab and go. It would also explain how someone with health issues was able to obtain that kind of Ore in such a short time.

-SpartanOC
 
Mr. Brewer....I like challenges, and you owe me a steak dinner :). He immigrated here from Ireland and went right to work in the Silver King.... I wonder how he got here. Was Cushing and Reymert's company responsible? More avenues to follow, but I found Hewitt.

Hugh Hewitt
Born: Sept 1847 Dublin Ireland
Naturalized: Pinal County, Arizona Oct 6, 1890
Died: April 1902
Buried: Tempe Double Butte Cemetery, Maricopa County

Here is his brand:
View attachment 2218730

...and here is his obituary:
View attachment 2218731

Here is his grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/44947268/hugh-hewitt

and just in time too cause Im hungry!! :)

Mr. Brewer....I like challenges, and you owe me a steak dinner :). He immigrated here from Ireland and went right to work in the Silver King.... I wonder how he got here. Was Cushing and Reymert's company responsible? More avenues to follow, but I found Hewitt.

Hugh Hewitt
Born: Sept 1847 Dublin Ireland
Naturalized: Pinal County, Arizona Oct 6, 1890
Died: April 1902
Buried: Tempe Double Butte Cemetery, Maricopa County

Here is his brand:
View attachment 2218730

...and here is his obituary:
View attachment 2218731

Here is his grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/44947268/hugh-hewitt

and just in time too cause Im hungry!! :)
Well Cuz you found a Hewitt in Pinal County, but there is nothing to say that Hewitt Station or Canyon was named for him. I said quote; A reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named. It says his cattle operation was at Pinal, now a ghost town but only about 7 miles from enterance to Hewitt Canyon but there is a Hewitt Ranch on the 1900 Florence topo, so for now we will assume the name came from his ranch. So Cuz, we just killed a fat 800# Angus steer a couple months ago, so drive on over to Arkansas and I'll cook you the biggest T bone you'll ever get. Otherwise I may have to come to AJ and dig up some treasure and buy you one out there. I will owe you one either way.
That brand record must have been in the courthouse in Florence. Good work!
 
Well Cuz you found a Hewitt in Pinal County, but there is nothing to say that Hewitt Station or Canyon was named for him. I said quote; A reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named. It says his cattle operation was at Pinal, now a ghost town but only about 7 miles from enterance to Hewitt Canyon but there is a Hewitt Ranch on the 1900 Florence topo, so for now we will assume the name came from his ranch. So Cuz, we just killed a fat 800# Angus steer a couple months ago, so drive on over to Arkansas and I'll cook you the biggest T bone you'll ever get. Otherwise I may have to come to AJ and dig up some treasure and buy you one out there. I will owe you one either way.
That brand record must have been in the courthouse in Florence. Good work!

Hey Bob, thanks for that. This is fun :). It's good to get to the bottom of things.

This is not some random Hewitt in Pinal County. It is THE Hugh Hewitt that owned Hewitt's Ranch in the Southern Sups from the 1880's to 1901. I can answer your Hewitt Ranch question on the 1900 topo.

Hugh Hewitt bought his Ranch along Queen Creek at the southern end of the Superstitions in about the 1880's. I have the exact date, but Im swimming in newspaper clippings right now and cant find it. He sold his ranch to JJ (Jack) Fraser in April of 1901, including his brand. The Pinal County Recorder has verified this (the sweet lady actually helped me find this) and so does the newspaper clipping below. So, where was Jack Fraser's ranch? Not Pinal City..... The article below illustrates that as well.

That means, in 1900 Hugh Hewitt owned Hewitt's Ranch and had for about 20 years by then. The 1900 topo says "Hewitt's Ranch" because Hugh Hewitt owned the ranch at that time and did until 1901. Easy peasy (at least to me in this moment, subject to change if schooled).

Ps. Did you just invite me out to a steak dinner? I would fly to Arkansas for that. We can have a steak outside Skinwalker Ranch in a couple weeks if you'd like :) BUT, if you want to come to AJ and dig up some treasure first, I guess I'll settle..... :D

Screenshot_20250731_053646_Obsidian.webp
 
Last edited:
This is not some random Hewitt in Pinal County. It is THE Hugh Hewitt that owned Hewitts Ranch in the Southern Sups from the 1880's to 1901. I can answer your Hewitt Ranch question on the 1900 topo.

Hugh Hewitt bought his Ranch along Queen Creek at the southern end of the Superstitions (not Pinal City) in about the 1880's. I have the exact date, but Im swimming in newspaper clippings right now and cant find it. He sold his ranch to Fraser in 1901. Land ownership records on file at the Pinal County Recorder verify this and so does the newspaper clipping below. (Yes I know it's BLM land....but that doesn't mean I didn't make friends at the Pinal County Recorder's office willing to help me out...)

That means, in 1900 Hugh Hewitt owned Hewitt's Ranch and had for about 20 years by then. So there is now zero mystery as to why it says Hewitt on the 1900 topo. The 1900 topo says "Hewitt's Ranch" because Hugh Hewitt owned the ranch at that time and did until 1901. Easy peasy (at least to me in this moment, subject to change).

Also, if the Thompsons live at the end of Thompson Road, how far do we have to search to find out why it's called Thompson Road?

Same applies to Hewitt Canyon........Since Hugh Hewitt owned Hewitt's Ranch from the 1880's to 1901, how far do we have to look to find out why a canyon that runs through Hewitt's Ranch might also be called Hewitt........?

Ps. Did you just invite me out to a steak dinner? I would fly to Arkansas for that. We can have a steak at Skinwalker Ranch in a couple weeks if you'd like :) Ill be on my best behaviour I promise :) BUT, if you want to come to AJ and dig up some treasure first, I guess thats ok too.....

​

View attachment 2219205
Cuz

I think we all should be pretty good with Hewitt Canyon being named after Hugh Hewitt. There shouldn't be any questioning about the subject from this point on. Excellent research Joe!
-SpartanOC
 
Cuz

I think we all should be pretty good with Hewitt Canyon being named after Hugh Hewitt. There shouldn't be any questioning about the subject from this point on. Excellent research Joe!
-SpartanOC
I really wanted it to be Jesse James.....but alas......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom