What's new

Caleb Cushing and James DeNoon Reymert

cuz don't put too much faith in what that blog says, they are telling only what is found on the interent. I didn't hear much that myself and other posted or wrote about 30+ years ago. Remember this was a secret society and little is known that is insider info. I was lucky there was nothing to keep me from visiting many libraries and the LOC and National Archives on three trips to D.C. The best thing about being ahead or the curve in researching the *** was that books on the subject were not sought after and at used book stores, take the Black Book was selling for 5-10 bucks and other I won't even mention were 25.00 more or less. I bought boxs of the Black Book before I ever published anything about, what became the hottest topic in treasure hunting. Now any of the original printing copies are collectors items and sell for hundreds $$. You can be sure when I let the cat out of the bag on several of the other world's greatest treasure mysteries, those books will jump again in price. Most of the important titles are so old they are never mentioned. Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find.
also look at the right side of your dog's nose, it is a change in direction to the way the dog nose pointed. When you crossed queen creek to go up Hewitt canyon, look to the right, west at a hill just across the deep canyon, if you find the right clues you may be near a reward..
HBBB
About that podcast: It's not there to learn from, although when I was starting out it was great fun. The reason I posted it was because they got most of the info from your book (Part 3 is all about your book). They portray you in a very good light. Check it out if you need some flattering. :)

"Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find." CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :) Im already thinking it might be in the Cushing Papers, the history of Hewitt himself, or something like Through the Looking Glass....., but again, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :) I do see Elisha Reavis was at the station too so Im already thnking KCG too.....more on that below.

About Hewitt Station: The train station line was built between 1914 and 1915 it seems...BUT, the Tom Kollenborn has Elisha Reavis there in 1877, fueling my suspicion that there WAS a stage stop there as well, that pre-dates the train station. There is also more to see in the immediate area (marked cactuses ....and Petraschs's old cabin to name a couple).

Screenshot 2025-07-10 at 5.51.01 AM.webp



SIde note and question, I have the Black Book, BUT not an original one. It is a "photocopy edition" by Daniel Lowe, who claims to have faithfully reprinted it. ($50 vs $300). Any thoughts on that? https://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Jesse-James-Names/dp/B08KJ669CC?tag=treasurenet01-20
 
Last edited:
Add anther Queen to the list.
Queen Canon.
20250710_122229.webp
 
I am not done looking, but I haven't able to locate a specific Hewitt in the area.

I now move to: there is also a Mason Valley very closeby and when I see Mason, I think HEWers of stone (which is the root word for Hewitt). Thanks Matt if you read this.

Anything to that line of thinking?
 
Last edited:
I am not done looking, but I haven't able to locate a specific Hewitt in the area.

I now move to: there is also a Mason Valley very closeby and when I see Mason, I think HEWers of stone (which is the root word for Hewitt). Thanks Matt if you read this.

Anything to that line of thinking?
cuz, I mis-spoke about the hill across the canyon being on the right side as you go up Hewitt canyon trail. It is on the left or west side. We found several clues right at the top of the hill, but had other fish to catch that day and we never went back to that area.
As for the Hewitt name, our GCR, 13 real smart researches couldn't find a hint of where the name came from. I asked Tom K. if he knew and his reply was that the name origin was a complete mystery after diligent research. I figured if he didn't know it was something important. An anagram for it is THE WIT.. which is "their" way of telling us deep thinking is needed to find what is concealed in that area. . The canyon is named that on the first topo map of the area.. I finally found the source of the name, but won't disclose it just yet. It's KGC, if you still want to call it that, 100%. If we hadn't got to excited about finally being able to read every treasure map we found, decode all the books influenced by the "organization" and decipher most clues found anywhere, we would have worked the LUE to find the location of other caches. It was about the time we really got on a roll and was going all over the county finding depositories and recording our findings, that my wife was hit by Parkinson's just as she was recovering from two fractured vertebrae. That came close on the heels of us being sole caregivers for my father, 5 years and my mother a short time later for 3 years So our work was for all practical purposes on hold for several years. Linda is as good a treasure hunter, detectorist and sign reader as any of our GCR. Just before she got sick, I had been working to solve a "Dying Indian confession waybill puzzle map, made by an old friend of our family. He left the waybill with his nephew who gave it to me. She and I on her 66th birthday climbed a "bastard" mountain and discovered the clues shown on the waybill. Since the nephew was partner in the hunt I wouldn't go back with out him, he always to busy to go with me and then Linda's curse was a stopper for me going alone. So that one remains unworked. pic is her on her 66th on the mountain with about a 35 d. slope She was a real trooper and still is now approaching 90.
Sorry for the long post, eyes better tonight so off the work on my presentation.
HBBB
 

Attachments

  • Miss Linda on steep mountain 2002.webp
    Miss Linda on steep mountain 2002.webp
    423 KB · Views: 78
cuz, I mis-spoke about the hill across the canyon being on the right side as you go up Hewitt canyon trail. It is on the left or west side. We found several clues right at the top of the hill, but had other fish to catch that day and we never went back to that area.
As for the Hewitt name, our GCR, 13 real smart researches couldn't find a hint of where the name came from. I asked Tom K. if he knew and his reply was that the name origin was a complete mystery after diligent research. I figured if he didn't know it was something important. An anagram for it is THE WIT.. which is "their" way of telling us deep thinking is needed to find what is concealed in that area. . The canyon is named that on the first topo map of the area.. I finally found the source of the name, but won't disclose it just yet. It's KGC, if you still want to call it that, 100%. If we hadn't got to excited about finally being able to read every treasure map we found, decode all the books influenced by the "organization" and decipher most clues found anywhere, we would have worked the LUE to find the location of other caches. It was about the time we really got on a roll and was going all over the county finding depositories and recording our findings, that my wife was hit by Parkinson's just as she was recovering from two fractured vertebrae. That came close on the heels of us being sole caregivers for my father, 5 years and my mother a short time later for 3 years So our work was for all practical purposes on hold for several years. Linda is as good a treasure hunter, detectorist and sign reader as any of our GCR. Just before she got sick, I had been working to solve a "Dying Indian confession waybill puzzle map, made by an old friend of our family. He left the waybill with his nephew who gave it to me. She and I on her 66th birthday climbed a "bastard" mountain and discovered the clues shown on the waybill. Since the nephew was partner in the hunt I wouldn't go back with out him, he always to busy to go with me and then Linda's curse was a stopper for me going alone. So that one remains unworked. pic is her on her 66th on the mountain with about a 35 d. slope She was a real trooper and still is now approaching 90.
Sorry for the long post, eyes better tonight so off the work on my presentation.
HBBB
Hewit Canyon, Sunday July 13, 2025

I found Spot! Not THE spot, but Spot! Alongside a small arch and a hole. I think it's saying to fetch the stick on the right to throw it :)

All jokes aside, I did see a couple things I want to go back and check out, but I dont think I saw what you were hinting at, unfortunately. :( Ill try again sometime this week. I was out there most of the morning, but at about 10:30am, the thermometer in my dashboard said 110 degrees. I left then.

As always, thanks for the adventure!

Bonus picture, Hewitt's Arch, taken yesterday as well. Can you spot it?
20250713_091219.webp


20250713_085014.webp
 
Last edited:
cuz, I mis-spoke about the hill across the canyon being on the right side as you go up Hewitt canyon trail. It is on the left or west side. We found several clues right at the top of the hill, but had other fish to catch that day and we never went back to that area.
As for the Hewitt name, our GCR, 13 real smart researches couldn't find a hint of where the name came from. I asked Tom K. if he knew and his reply was that the name origin was a complete mystery after diligent research. I figured if he didn't know it was something important. An anagram for it is THE WIT.. which is "their" way of telling us deep thinking is needed to find what is concealed in that area. . The canyon is named that on the first topo map of the area.. I finally found the source of the name, but won't disclose it just yet. It's KGC, if you still want to call it that, 100%. If we hadn't got to excited about finally being able to read every treasure map we found, decode all the books influenced by the "organization" and decipher most clues found anywhere, we would have worked the LUE to find the location of other caches. It was about the time we really got on a roll and was going all over the county finding depositories and recording our findings, that my wife was hit by Parkinson's just as she was recovering from two fractured vertebrae. That came close on the heels of us being sole caregivers for my father, 5 years and my mother a short time later for 3 years So our work was for all practical purposes on hold for several years. Linda is as good a treasure hunter, detectorist and sign reader as any of our GCR. Just before she got sick, I had been working to solve a "Dying Indian confession waybill puzzle map, made by an old friend of our family. He left the waybill with his nephew who gave it to me. She and I on her 66th birthday climbed a "bastard" mountain and discovered the clues shown on the waybill. Since the nephew was partner in the hunt I wouldn't go back with out him, he always to busy to go with me and then Linda's curse was a stopper for me going alone. So that one remains unworked. pic is her on her 66th on the mountain with about a 35 d. slope She was a real trooper and still is now approaching 90.
Sorry for the long post, eyes better tonight so off the work on my presentation.
HBBB
Great pic of the wife, btw. I hope my wife and I are still scrambling around when we get older......
 
cuz don't put too much faith in what that blog says, they are telling only what is found on the interent. I didn't hear much that myself and other posted or wrote about 30+ years ago. Remember this was a secret society and little is known that is insider info. I was lucky there was nothing to keep me from visiting many libraries and the LOC and National Archives on three trips to D.C. The best thing about being ahead or the curve in researching the *** was that books on the subject were not sought after and at used book stores, take the Black Book was selling for 5-10 bucks and other I won't even mention were 25.00 more or less. I bought boxs of the Black Book before I ever published anything about, what became the hottest topic in treasure hunting. Now any of the original printing copies are collectors items and sell for hundreds $$. You can be sure when I let the cat out of the bag on several of the other world's greatest treasure mysteries, those books will jump again in price. Most of the important titles are so old they are never mentioned. Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find.
also look at the right side of your dog's nose, it is a change in direction to the way the dog nose pointed. When you crossed queen creek to go up Hewitt canyon, look to the right, west at a hill just across the deep canyon, if you find the right clues you may be near a reward..
HBBB
Not an answer to the question as to how Hewitt got its name, but.....maybe?
From Jesse James and the Lost Cause.
20250715_164127.webp


Page 101 of the Black Book:
20250715_164800.webp
 
Last edited:
Not an answer to the question as to how Hewitt got its name, but.....maybe?

View attachment 2216936
yep that is one of the ways I learned it, ,but I have actually letters between members of the *** that state the same thing. I'm convinced the Black Book and Lost Cause are most true but much is still in code and you must read between the lines.
Good research, few people have that book. I bought all of them up i could locate, years ago.
Chow, will answer your private msg soon, privately
HBBB
 
Not an answer to the question as to how Hewitt got its name, but.....maybe?
From Jesse James and the Lost Cause.
View attachment 2216936

Page 101 of the Black Book:
View attachment 2216937
CUZ, If you can find it, in one of the books I think it said Jesse made a lot of money grading RR fills and beds. Guess what, one of the clues from the LUE map vault was a well worn grader blade. I have the whole story behind the $440,000 buried in that vault but was gone when we dug it out. Only the lid off a heavy steel strong box was left with the map. Letters we have say the gold was moved in the early 1950s, DAAH! that's about the time the Peralta Stone Maps surfaced, and of course those stone maps are used to work the LUE region. Was just watching my video of that dig a couple of hours ago. I'll make some frame grabs to use in my presentation.
Gotta Go, behind schedule making my presentation
HBBB
 
CUZ I forgot to ask you if you noticed the Spaniel dog looking out from the window rock hill you posted. It's a good one..
HBBB
Oh I surely noticed it.... That's why I posted it. ....but window rock you say? Interesting... I seem to remember a Rebel Gold book mentioning a window rock in AZ.........
 
CUZ, If you can find it, in one of the books I think it said Jesse made a lot of money grading RR fills and beds. Guess what, one of the clues from the LUE map vault was a well worn grader blade. I have the whole story behind the $440,000 buried in that vault but was gone when we dug it out. Only the lid off a heavy steel strong box was left with the map. Letters we have say the gold was moved in the early 1950s, DAAH! that's about the time the Peralta Stone Maps surfaced, and of course those stone maps are used to work the LUE region. Was just watching my video of that dig a couple of hours ago. I'll make some frame grabs to use in my presentation.
Gotta Go, behind schedule making my presentation
HBBB
From: War of the Rebellion, Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies:

"There are also three men who belong to the company of soldiers that is stationed in the town of San Luis, members of thirty-three of the Golden Circle. Los Angeles County has 253, of which the town of Los Angeles has fifty-four; El Monte, ninety-two; the San Gabriel mines, twenty-seven; the remainder are scattered around in
different places through the county. The governor is Charles Howard; lieutenant-governor, J. M. Callan. All armed with different weapons. They have picked out a place about 120 miles from Los Angeles, called Rock Creek, for a rendezvous. It is in the mountains, and has plenty of wood, water, and grass. There are but about four or five there now herding cattle. They intend to unite at this place in case of a draftbeing ordered and commence a guerrilla warfare."

Interesting... herding cattle.

That's exactly what was going on here in AZ too, especially around HEWITT'S RANCH.
 
Last edited:
About that podcast: It's not there to learn from, although when I was starting out it was great fun. The reason I posted it was because they got most of the info from your book (Part 3 is all about your book). They portray you in a very good light. Check it out if you need some flattering. :)

"Cuz, if you can find a reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named, I'll buy you the best steak dinner you can find." CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :) Im already thinking it might be in the Cushing Papers, the history of Hewitt himself, or something like Through the Looking Glass....., but again, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :) I do see Elisha Reavis was at the station too so Im already thnking KCG too.....more on that below.

About Hewitt Station: The train station line was built between 1914 and 1915 it seems...BUT, the Tom Kollenborn has Elisha Reavis there in 1877, fueling my suspicion that there WAS a stage stop there as well, that pre-dates the train station. There is also more to see in the immediate area (marked cactuses ....and Petraschs's old cabin to name a couple).

View attachment 2216200


SIde note and question, I have the Black Book, BUT not an original one. It is a "photocopy edition" by Daniel Lowe, who claims to have faithfully reprinted it. ($50 vs $300). Any thoughts on that? https://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Jesse-James-Names/dp/B08KJ669CC?tag=treasurenet01-20
Cuz, you being a Mason, I suspect just Blue Lodge, but you should have picked up on the Reavis statement. All Masonic code. Lewis was a Mason who went back to try and make a hit on one of the stashes up there. He was killed in a certain way that gives away it being a Mason's hit. But you know that I bet. Maybe I shouldn't expose things you want to keep secret, but if that is true I'm suspicious as to why that post.. I don't have a reference on where that came from but it should be interesting reading.
There is a lot more research on DeNoon that I have but won't tell it for now. It will make y'all take a deep breath and swoon
HBBB.
 
Cuz, you being a Mason, I suspect just Blue Lodge, but you should have picked up on the Reavis statement. All Masonic code. Lewis was a Mason who went back to try and make a hit on one of the stashes up there. He was killed in a certain way that gives away it being a Mason's hit. But you know that I bet. Maybe I shouldn't expose things you want to keep secret, but if that is true I'm suspicious as to why that post.. I don't have a reference on where that came from but it should be interesting reading.
There is a lot more research on DeNoon that I have but won't tell it for now. It will make y'all take a deep breath and swoon
HBBB.
A Lewis is the son of a Mason.

There are a lot of murders in the Sups that make me think Masons are involved. The people over on the dutchman side of this site already spent good amount of time ridiculing me for that. They told me it was the Black Hand of Apaches or something, but I saw Mason more than Apache in those particular murders.

....and about the blue Lodge:

I am a Master Mason in the blue Lodge (considered a Master Masonic Scholar, in Pennsylvania, verifiable on the Grand Lodge website).

I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason, Northern Jurisdiction.

I am also a Knight Templar ( Im a published Templar author and verifiable, published by the Grand Encampment themselves, not self-published).

My problem is I ALWAYS see Masonic symbology because, I am swimming in it. You should see my presentation on the Wizard of Oz, but alas, Im sworn to secrecy.....:)

I have to force myself to tone it down sometimes because everything can be twisted by me to be Masonic....or their predecessors.

Now, I will go back and reread this Reavis/Lewis stuff with that in mind and see what jumps out.
As always, thank you!

Edit: I just re-read.......stomach burned asunder. :) If I only had the nerve (where does your 'nerve' or 'courage' come from.....your guts?). The cowardly Lion with the Crown. Wasn't the Lion crowned at the end of the Bible too? Anyhow........ I see it. Good catch.
20250716_181554.webp
 
Last edited:
Cuz, you being a Mason, I suspect just Blue Lodge, but you should have picked up on the Reavis statement. All Masonic code. Lewis was a Mason who went back to try and make a hit on one of the stashes up there. He was killed in a certain way that gives away it being a Mason's hit. But you know that I bet. Maybe I shouldn't expose things you want to keep secret, but if that is true I'm suspicious as to why that post.. I don't have a reference on where that came from but it should be interesting reading.
There is a lot more research on DeNoon that I have but won't tell it for now. It will make y'all take a deep breath and swoon
HBBB.
Speaking of Masons...... I can now confirm, at least according to him, that Reymert was a brother ;)...and he totally went to Chile and had a farm. This was written before he came to Arizona.

"Here is one more job for you. Speak to ____ ____ and tell him I have written you from Chile to ask him to get my demmit from the Lafeyette Lodge of Masons. I left in April 1874 and there may be one perhaps _____ . Let him ascertain what is one to t___ ___ I left. I want to join a lodge - I have several high degrees and the F.M. (Fraternity of Masons?) is strong here. I can make friends amongst them. Yesterday I was introduced to the Grand Secretary of the state. Mr. Churchill, my friend here is a Knight Templar like myself. Tell _____ I want this very much and give him my love and take a drink etc....."
Screenshot 2025-07-16 at 9.44.22 PM.webp

Screenshot 2025-07-16 at 9.45.00 PM.webp
 
From: War of the Rebellion, Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies:

"There are also three men who belong to the company of soldiers that is stationed in the town of San Luis, members of thirty-three of the Golden Circle. Los Angeles County has 253, of which the town of Los Angeles has fifty-four; El Monte, ninety-two; the San Gabriel mines, twenty-seven; the remainder are scattered around in
different places through the county. The governor is Charles Howard; lieutenant-governor, J. M. Callan. All armed with different weapons. They have picked out a place about 120 miles from Los Angeles, called Rock Creek, for a rendezvous. It is in the mountains, and has plenty of wood, water, and grass. There are but about four or five there now herding cattle. They intend to unite at this place in case of a draftbeing ordered and commence a guerrilla warfare."

Interesting... herding cattle.

That's exactly what was going on here in AZ too, especially around HEWITT'S RANCH.
Cuzimloony

I just learned that there was a John Hewitt (not sure if the spelling is the same) who was either apart of a group or an earlier expedition in AZ, looking for Doc's gold, that had supposedly wrote to Dr. Thorne - wanting Thorne to go out again and try locating the Lost gold that the Dr. had been lead to. Unfortunately Doc Thorne stated he was too old to go out and declined. Maybe there's really on connection of this John Hewitt to the Hewitt Canyon, but I found it somewhat coincidental in some ways.

-SpartanOC
 
Cuzimloony

I just learned that there was a John Hewitt (not sure if the spelling is the same) who was either apart of a group or an earlier expedition in AZ, looking for Doc's gold, that had supposedly wrote to Dr. Thorne - wanting Thorne to go out again and try locating the Lost gold that the Dr. had been lead to. Unfortunately Doc Thorne stated he was too old to go out and declined. Maybe there's really on connection of this John Hewitt to the Hewitt Canyon, but I found it somewhat coincidental in some ways.

-SpartanOC
I will look into that Matt. Thank you kindly :)
 
Screenshot 2025-07-18 at 6.00.50 PM.webp

Well here's one I didn't expect. Allah be praised! - JD Reymert

I think he was just using it as an exclamation point, but it was one I didn't see coming :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom