What's new

Caleb Cushing and James DeNoon Reymert

I thought about rubbing it with wax paper and a pencil.....
I like your idea better.
With the sun shining dead straight onto that carved face, the indentations show little or no shadow action. If convenient, wait till dark or close to it and shine a flashlight sideways across the carvings. It's like tracking footprints - best time is at night with the light held at a low angle to the ground.
 
This thread started off as a discussion about Cushing and Reymert. Im bringing it back, with the caveat that if it goes slightly sideways again, THAT'S OKAY. I just came across something interesting and wanted to share.

Cushing and Reymert had a company called The Great European-American Land Emigration company (something like that) where they would get European men to emigrate to America to work in their mines and mills. We noted earlier how Jacob Waltz and Hugh Hewitt seemed to fit this description.

Well, I came across this today in the Jesse Lee James book "Jesse James and the Lost Cause."
20250811_051722.webp
 
Last edited:
He is a man of his word. Bob, if you see this.......the presentation was fantastic. The steak was great. The company, better.
20250816_193805.webp
 
Last edited:
This thread started off as a discussion about Cushing and Reymert. Im bringing it back, with the caveat that if it goes slightly sideways again, THAT'S OKAY. I just came across something interesting and wanted to share.

Cushing and Reymert had a company called The Great European-American Land Emigration company (something like that) where they would get European men to emigrate to America to work in their mines and mills. We noted earlier how Jacob Waltz and Hugh Hewitt seemed to fit this description.

Well, I came across this today in the Jesse Lee James book "Jesse James and the Lost Cause."
View attachment 2220710
Cuz, do you know who the "we" is, referred to in this article. If it's KGC, that's real interesting to me. I'm looking for a powerful Mason in Minnesota who knows how to carve runes.
 
Cuz, do you know who the "we" is, referred to in this article. If it's KGC, that's real interesting to me. I'm looking for a powerful Mason in Minnesota who knows how to carve runes.
Yup.... This would be Jesse James (one of them) saying that "we" meaning the KGC, funded those immigrants.
 
Cuz, do you know who the "we" is, referred to in this article. If it's KGC, that's real interesting to me. I'm looking for a powerful Mason in Minnesota who knows how to carve runes.
Dog, as you know, the Kensington Runestone (below) was found in northern Minnesota on Olof Ohman's property, who dug it up himself in 1898. Academia accuses Ohman or possibly other Scandanavian immigrants of carving the stone. Most were familiar with runes. Ohman had no connection to Minnesota freemason lodges, and no others were directly named or accused. Ohman consistently denied the charges against him. If the KRS is not a genuine 1362 creation, but a modern hoax, and Ohman a dupe, who might be responsible?

Could that be the KGC? Consider these points. The KGC were known to have strong connections in Minnesota, particularly with northern Native American tribes, including the Sioux and Ojibwa. The James Gang attempted rob a bank in Northfield MN in 1876. Interestingly, many of the Ojibwa's written language symbols are identical to carvings included in panels of the so-called Mystery Glyphs, which are frequently found near alleged KGC treasure cache sites in many western states. These carved glyphs are often found meticulously and precisely carved in stone (bottom). Could the KGC, reportedly competent (despite the Northfield disaster) and powerful Masons, been able to create the Kensington Runestone?
P7180959.webp

Panel.webp
 
Dog, as you know, the Kensington Runestone (below) was found in northern Minnesota on Olof Ohman's property, who dug it up himself in 1898. Academia accuses Ohman or possibly other Scandanavian immigrants of carving the stone. Most were familiar with runes. Ohman had no connection to Minnesota freemason lodges, and no others were directly named or accused. Ohman consistently denied the charges against him. If the KRS is not a genuine 1362 creation, but a modern hoax, and Ohman a dupe, who might be responsible?

Could that be the KGC? Consider these points. The KGC were known to have strong connections in Minnesota, particularly with northern Native American tribes, including the Sioux and Ojibwa. The James Gang attempted rob a bank in Northfield MN in 1876. Interestingly, many of the Ojibwa's written language symbols are identical to carvings included in panels of the so-called Mystery Glyphs, which are frequently found near alleged KGC treasure cache sites in many western states. These carved glyphs are often found meticulously and precisely carved in stone (bottom). Could the KGC, reportedly competent (despite the Northfield disaster) and powerful Masons, been able to create the Kensington Runestone?
View attachment 2221868
View attachment 2221869
Yes, I'm thinking Masons for sure and maybe KGC. It will be interesting to see what cuz learns about Cushing and Reymert and their activities in Minnesota.

There is an interesting book titled, THIS ONE MAD ACT, written by Izola Forrester, who claimed to be a family member of John Wilkes Booth. I've never seen it mentioned in any of the KGC forums, but there is a lot of information about the KGC. I think this book and it's author were alluded to in the Black Book. One of the pictures in Forrester's book shows Booth at a Knights Templar event. I couldn't pick him out in the crowd because of the fancy hats they were wearing. Scott Wolter, who has made extensive studies of the Kensington Runestone, has mentioned that some people think the runestone was carved by York Rite Masons, which could include the Masonic Knights Templar.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I'm thinking Masons for sure and maybe KGC. It will be interesting to see what cuz learns about Cushing and Reymert and their activities in Minnesota.

There is an interesting book titled, THIS ONE MAD ACT, written by Izola Forrester, who claimed to be a family member of John Wilkes Booth. I've never seen it mentioned in any of the KGC forums, but there is a lot of information about the KGC. I think this book and it's author were alluded to in the Black Book. One of the pictures in Forrester's book shows Booth at a Knights Templar event. I couldn't pick him out in the crowd because of the fancy hats they were wearing. Scott Wolter, who has made extensive studies of the Kensington Runestone, has mentioned that some people think the runestone was carved by York Rite Masons, which could include the Masonic Knights Templar.
Caleb Cushing (Mason) was involved in several ventures in the St. Croix Valley, which spans both Wisconsin and Minnesota. He co-founded the St. Croix and Lake Superior Mining Company in 1845 with Rufus Choate (Mason) and Robert Rantoul Jr.. Cushing made multiple trips to the Falls of St. Anthony (now part of Minneapolis) to assess mining opportunities there. The operations of the mining company extended into Minnesota, as seen in an 1861 estimate of the company's assets and liabilities.
A different Cushing company, the one with Reymert (Mason and Templar), specialized in recruiting men from Europe to work these mines, and lumber mills and grist mills, etc.. Me thinks that these American, nation-builder Masons (like Cushing and Reymert) probably did a whole heck of a lot of recruiting in Europe at Lodges for the stone worker Mason types (like Waltz if he were a Mason, for example)...men they could reasonably trust since they were "brothers." That area was probably swimming in Masons of all types....just a guess though.
 
Last edited:

Geez oh man......this might be one I read on internet archive.
 
Caleb Cushing (Mason) was involved in several ventures in the St. Croix Valley, which spans both Wisconsin and Minnesota. He co-founded the St. Croix and Lake Superior Mining Company in 1845 with Rufus Choate (Mason) and Robert Rantoul Jr.. Cushing made multiple trips to the Falls of St. Anthony (now part of Minneapolis) to assess mining opportunities there. The operations of the company extended into Minnesota, as reflected in an 1861 estimate of the company's assets and liabilities.
A different Cushing company, the one with Reymert (Mason and Templar), specialized in recruiting men from Europe to work these mines, and lumber mills and grist mills, etc.. Me thinks that these American, nation-builder Masons (like Cushing and Reymert) probably did a whole heck of a lot of recruiting in Europe at Lodges for the stone worker Mason types (like Waltz if he were a Mason, for example)...men they could reasonably trust since they were "brothers." That area was probably swimming in Masons of all types....just a guess though.
Thank you very much, cuz.
 
Hey dog, Izola Booth was also mentioned in your Diary of John Henry Stevenson alias of Michael O’Laughlin document. It's a scanned copy, so you can't search it, but she's on page 13 and later. Anyway, those two names in the title may be good to add to the BOLO list.
 
Hey dog, Izola Booth was also mentioned in your Diary of John Henry Stevenson alias of Michael O’Laughlin document. It's a scanned copy, so you can't search it, but she's on page 13 and later. Anyway, those two names in the title may be good to add to the BOLO list.
Yes, she would have been Izola Forrester's grandmother. That Stevenson Diary was really interesting. The KGC started accumulating gold before Gould and Fisk hatched the plot to corner the gold market. Maybe they had KGC connections. Who knows.
 
Hewit Canyon, Sunday July 13, 2025

I found Spot! Not THE spot, but Spot! Alongside a small arch and a hole. I think it's saying to fetch the stick on the right to throw it :)

All jokes aside, I did see a couple things I want to go back and check out, but I dont think I saw what you were hinting at, unfortunately. :( Ill try again sometime this week. I was out there most of the morning, but at about 10:30am, the thermometer in my dashboard said 110 degrees. I left then.

As always, thanks for the adventure!

Bonus picture, Hewitt's Arch, taken yesterday as well. Can you spot it?
View attachment 2216756

View attachment 2216758
Remember spot the cocker spaniel (or Rocker Spaniel as I've dubbed him) and his "window" rock behind him? Turns out.....that window looks right to these here caves across the canyon, one of which looks lived in with a bedroom wall, but they all have evidence of fires. On my way out I noticed that not only is that window rock looking toward a cave, but so is the dog's snout. Another cave! I'll get that one on a later date......
Cave 2 (1).webp
Arrow (1).webp
Wall_ (1).webp
Cave Exploration 2 (1).webp
Cave Exploration1 (1).webp
 
I saw this guy there too, just in time for fall and Halloween. He needs a bit of dental work, but at least he's happy!
Screenshot_20250830_134908_GoPro Quik (1).webp
 
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. Looks pretty rugged. I like the music too.
Thank you for watching. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Did you catch the M111 on the rock face at the end of the video? Up high....
 
Thank you for watching. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Did you catch the M111 on the rock face at the end of the video? Up high....
I never noticed it until you pointed it out. Did you get close enough to see if there are any chisel marks? I would guess no. It doesn't look like you could get close. Are there any other big carvings in the area?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom