What's new

Caleb Cushing and James DeNoon Reymert

"I said quote; A reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named."

I wish I could have been one of those 13 smart researchers... maybe I could have saved you a lot of grief.

This was fun Bob! :) What's next? :)
20250803_173906 (1).webp
 
Last edited:
"I said quote; A reference to how Hewitt station and the topographic features got that name was named."

I wish I could have been one of those 13 smart researchers... maybe I could have saved you a lot of grief.

This was fun Bob! :) What's next? :)
View attachment 2219771
what grief? Now I have a minute, just finishing up my presentation for Utah. Been a tough two weeks work. I told you I agree with the Hewitt name but what do you really know about JJ Fraser, I have circumstantial evidence he was Jesse J Frank Dalton James. As for research none of us ever took time to check on Hewitt, too much really important work to do. Besides some of that came from the Florence Pinal Courthouse, I suspect. when we were in that area we were in the desert tracking treasure. Don't sell GCR short, we have solved the mysteries of several legendary treasures. Keep you ear and eyes open over the next couple of weeks and get shocked at some of our work upcoming. We never worked on just one project at a time, but have over the past 40 years worked on dozens of treasure sites all over America and some overseas.. Congrats on being a KT and 32 d. Workman, now I wonder why I had to be the one to find the LUE it's right in your back yard. Its all Masons gold. You do know JJ was a 33rd degree SR. Also the real head of the KGC or what it may be called today;
Cuz, I'll see you a Moon Lake, if you don't get killed riding your murdercycle. I'll treat you to a steak there.
HBBB
 
Window rock overlooking a old gold mine in Hewitt Canyon. View attachment 2219724
If it were me I'd try to dig one of those puppies up. Sorry I'm almost blind so there may be more clues on the bluff or on the back side, Hewitt canyon, all the up to it's head has several more caches to be taken, not by me, ,too old and getting feeble as time goes on.
HBBB
 
what grief? Now I have a minute, just finishing up my presentation for Utah. Been a tough two weeks work. I told you I agree with the Hewitt name but what do you really know about JJ Fraser, I have circumstantial evidence he was Jesse J Frank Dalton James. As for research none of us ever took time to check on Hewitt, too much really important work to do. Besides some of that came from the Florence Pinal Courthouse, I suspect. when we were in that area we were in the desert tracking treasure. Don't sell GCR short, we have solved the mysteries of several legendary treasures. Keep you ear and eyes open over the next couple of weeks and get shocked at some of our work upcoming. We never worked on just one project at a time, but have over the past 40 years worked on dozens of treasure sites all over America and some overseas.. Congrats on being a KT and 32 d. Workman, now I wonder why I had to be the one to find the LUE it's right in your back yard. Its all Masons gold. You do know JJ was a 33rd degree SR. Also the real head of the KGC or what it may be called today;
Cuz, I'll see you a Moon Lake, if you don't get killed riding your murdercycle. I'll treat you to a steak there.
HBBB
Holy crap! JJ Fraser!!! Hahahhahahahaha How did I not see this!!!!!! I even posted 2 pictures captioned "Jesse James as Colonel Roy Hewitt"!!!!! Hahahhahahaha Good grief.
I'm laughing at myself.......

See you at Moon Lake Bob. I cannot wait to see your presentation. You don't have to buy me a steak. Just shaking your hand would be enough.

JJ Fraser. JJ. JJ. JJ. JJ. Good Lord. From Hewitt, to JJ.
I really am in the thick of it aren't I........
 
Last edited:
If it were me I'd try to dig one of those puppies up. Sorry I'm almost blind so there may be more clues on the bluff or on the back side, Hewitt canyon, all the up to it's head has several more caches to be taken, not by me, ,too old and getting feeble as time goes on.
HBBB
On top of the ridge above the gold mine is a huge stone heart sticking up in the air. A long climb up. Really stands out. Could be something above that mine.
 
On top of the ridge above the gold mine is a huge stone heart sticking up in the air. A long climb up. Really stands out. Could be something above that mine.
We found clues to a cache just up the hill from the crossing on Queen Creek and about where it levels off is a sharply deep canyon/ravine on top of the hill west the clues were among some broken glass and maybe some metal. People go there a lot for target shooting. I'm a reloader and picked up a sack full of brass. Those faces on the window bluff are looking at or away from something. The Peralta stone horse is most of Hewitt ridge I think.
HBBB
 
Holy crap! JJ Fraser!!! Hahahhahahahaha How did I not see this!!!!!! I even posted 2 pictures captioned "Jesse James as Colonel Roy Hewitt"!!!!! Hahahhahahaha Good grief.
I'm laughing at myself.......

See you at Moon Lake Bob. I cannot wait to see your presentation. You don't have to buy me a steak. Just shaking your hand would be enough.

JJ Fraser. JJ. JJ. JJ. JJ. Good Lord. From Hewitt, to JJ.
I really am in the thick of it aren't I........
Tom Kollenborn once told me JJ Fraser, moved to Reavis' ranch after he died, Tom also said, Fraser was thought by some to have murdered Elisha Reavis, perhaps for the ranch. I may have this wrong its off the top on an old head not working too well this a.m. But I've been reading JJ codes for many years and I see connections between Fraser and some other things done by old J. Frank Dalton, The Kentucky born Jesse W. James' mother was a Dalton, and kin to my Dalton Great Grandmother. Also she was distant cousins with the Dalton Gang. Jesse W. was said to be cousins with the gang too. So it all makes since. You do know the Missouri Jesse was Jesse Robert James named after his father and called Dingus. Look it up in the Clay County census. I have a copy of that they didn't get changed. I think you will see what I mean soon.
The whole history of what happened after the war is bungled up.
HBBB
 
On top of the ridge above the gold mine is a huge stone heart sticking up in the air. A long climb up. Really stands out. Could be something above that mine.
Sgt. I don't see where I posted you photo with some highlights marked I thought I did, but here it is if you didn't catch these clues you need to really look at your photos, most of this won't be seen with our eyes alone.. The spaniel on left is neat, the skull and crossbones is partially weathered away, the bottom face appears a dog with mouth open. Probably more but my eyes are really bad, Need new glasses but can't drive 100 miles to get them, anytime soon.
HBBB
1754661143207.webp
1754661143207.webp
1754661143207.webp
 
Fraser was a businessman of his day. I think he would do well today. He was a good friend of Billy Knight PM who managed his ranches. If Fraser saw a opportunity he moved in on it. To make it in those days you needed balls. Fraser made it. He had his finger in many things.
 
Knight the Past Master.
Fraser the Charter Member.
Turns out, Ive been to Fraser's AND Knight's Lodges in Mesa amd Florence (and was even Senior Deacon in Fraser's...same building at least)..... small world.

Screenshot_20250808_092155_Brave.webp

Screenshot_20250808_092134_Brave.webp
 
I wouldn't be doing my due dilagence if I didn't go to the Hewitt grave, now would I?
Unfortunately, I cannot read the inscription.
Can you?
Also.... I didn't personally notice anything "strange" about the grave stone, other than there is no wife. He is buried alone in a sea of Masonic and Confederate graves. His stone is not marked as such, but he is surrounded by CSA.
20250808_072532.webp

20250808_073841.webp
20250808_074637.webp
20250808_074250.webp
20250808_074647.webp

20250808_074417.webp
 
Last edited:
Bring a spray bottle full of water. You can use it to cool off. Spray the stone and the inscription will show better.
I thought about rubbing it with wax paper and a pencil.....
I like your idea better.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom