What's new

can somebody please help to identify this VOC bottle?

nobody66

Greenie
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone!

Can someone please help me to tell me something about
this bottle I recently found?

I will be interested in any ideas of how old it is, where it
comes from or what it can be worth?

I also hope it's real and not a fake...

Even though I don't know nothing about bottles yet, I do know
that I like this one :-)

Thank you so much in advance!
Pia
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0.webp
    IMG_0.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_1.webp
    IMG_1.webp
    13 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_2.webp
    IMG_2.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_3.webp
    IMG_3.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_4.webp
    IMG_4.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_5.webp
    IMG_5.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_6.webp
    IMG_6.webp
    29 KB · Views: 481
Yes, hopefully if its not a reproduction or a fake.
I cross my fingers its real :-)
 
Upvote 0
PDK: Thanks...In what way are you wary? How do your thoughts go on this one?
I'm curious since I don't know anything about this things.

I have tried to google to get som pictures of simular bottles but I don't find anything
which I find a little strange.

I'm greatful for all help I can get on this, so thank you!

:-)
Pia
 
Upvote 0
Waow, didn't see the pic you put with your post until now - pretty close in shape and style. :-) /Pia
 
Upvote 0
Hi again!

Found this site.

http://gotheborg.com/index.htm

If you put "Porcelain with VOC mark" in search there is hit on a site with pics and info even though
I don't know how to interpret it, good or bad? Can anyone tell, please?

/Pia
 
Upvote 0
nobody66 said:
Hi again!

Found this site.

http://gotheborg.com/index.htm

If you put "Porcelain with VOC mark" in search there is hit on a site with pics and info even though
I don't know how to interpret it, good or bad? Can anyone tell, please?

/Pia

Good link. Notice he also talks about fakes. I can't tell whether yours is real or fake, however my gut feeling says real. Eitherway, awesome bottle :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for belive in it...hehe...I think its nice and its quite heavy.
I tell my self that's a good thing..that it doesn't feel too light to hold.

I will keep on trying getting an answer somewhere, but really don't know where
to go for an opinon. Maybe some auktion company can tell.

/Pia
 
Upvote 0
Where did you obtain it?
 
Upvote 0
I bought it second hand in Sweden and the only thing I know about it
is that its from a estate in the northen part of Skåne (thats the south part of Sweden)
so unfortunatly I don't have much information about its history.../Pia
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
nobody66 said:
Hi again!

Found this site.

http://gotheborg.com/index.htm

If you put "Porcelain with VOC mark" in search there is hit on a site with pics and info even though
I don't know how to interpret it, good or bad? Can anyone tell, please?

/Pia

Good link. Notice he also talks about fakes. I can't tell whether yours is real or fake, however my gut feeling says real. Eitherway, awesome bottle :icon_thumright:


IronSpike: Hi, curious about the background to your gut feelings, what makes you feel that it could be real. You seem to know a lot about this old stuff so that interests me - thanks! :-) /Pia
 
Upvote 0
Don't rely too much on my gut feeling, I've been wrong many times :D IMO it appears to be a quality bottle with an aged/used look to it. I can't see any obvious flaws that would classify it as a fake, but then again I'm no expert.

It actually looks like the bottle is covered in dirt next to the rope? Did the person selling you this bottle present it as anything special? In other words how much did you pay?

You may want to also post it in the Bottles & Glass Forum here on Tnet or maybe contact the person on the link you posted.

If anything of concern it would be the blue portion of left top V on the chip/missed glaze. Also the C appears smeared. Reckon that could have been flaws on originals :dontknow: It's a cool bottle even if it is a fake, unless you purchased it at a price being the real deal.
 
Upvote 0
Hi, Thanks. Appriaciate your opinion ant your thoughts about my bottle.
No, I didn't get any information at all, but got it quit cheap, so if it is
worth something its jackpot :-)

Yes, it is dirt around the string, but it could be added if its a fake one...
Hard to say, but I like it that its quit heavy also...

Thanks also for the tip to put it up under under topics. I've done that now,
hope that somebody knows more about it.

/Pia
 
Upvote 0
I notice it has those tiny little surface cracks. I dont know if that can be faked. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that cracks in the glaze were an effect of an technique they used
in that period of time.
Thought I had heard that somewhere. Googled it, but now I can't find anything
about that techinique either - typical - hehe :-)

/Pia
 
Upvote 0
nobody66 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that cracks in the glaze were an effect of an technique they used
in that period of time.
Thought I had heard that somewhere. Googled it, but now I can't find anything
about that techinique either - typical - hehe :-)

/Pia
I think the cracks come from aging.
 
Upvote 0
Aha....but isn't that a good thing though or is it like it's only cracks of aging if its a fake?
Sorry, I know so little about this so maybe my questions seems stupid ???

Thanks, Pia
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom