What's new

Cheap weed

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,612
Reaction score
1,410
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
A guy I know purchased an Oz of Marijuana leaf/shake from the dispensary, for $10, they had a special.
Quite a bit cheaper from what was paid in the past for an oz, or broken down to Monkey paw.
 
Nice, healthy looking plants...
Hungry_plant_zpsvhocp62a.gif



I've occasionally seen an oz. for that low of cost, but save your money...it might smell good,
but it's garbage...like smoke two bowls and get a headache. I think they save the trim, then
make BHO out of it, and then they sell the post-processed trim for uber cheap. It's got nothing
left in it.
 
Nice, healthy looking plants...View attachment 2221780


I've occasionally seen an oz. for that low of cost, but save your money...it might smell good,
but it's garbage...like smoke two bowls and get a headache. I think they save the trim, then
make BHO out of it, and then they sell the post-processed trim for uber cheap. It's got nothing
left in it.
It would be like this taterbud.

Resized_temp_share_650025182083802.webp
 
It would be like this taterbud.

Sure, go ahead and bake that nasty thing....
green.gif


Dowser, I'm going to guess that the plant in the foreground of the pic is a sativa dominant
hybrid? Those are healthy looking ladies, and in a couple months you'll be well blessed with
full coffers of herb.
weed2.gif
 
Thai as in Thai stick, good eye..

Just looked it up, and it's actually a pure, landrace sativa. I could never grow that outdoors
here in western Wa., as our summers are just too short, and those ladies probably take like 12 weeks
to flower.

I grew indoors (strictly for myself) for almost 20 years, but hung it up a couple years back. It's
so much easier to just go to the retail outlets, and a whole lot less work. Any strain grown outdoors
here is likely to get bud rot (aka: botrytis) before it finishes.
 
MY problem with weed is i love to read for hours every day.
Financial forums, technical blogs. Early retirement and permaculture forums.
Weed interferes with that. It turns my reading comprehension to crap.
I don't want to smoke weed and zone out watching tv.
I'm glad its legal here and people are not being incarcerated for it.
Maybe when I'm retired ill use a gummy for a sleep aid.
With all that said. I visited a friend of mine a few weeks ago, he was over the limit on plants
(can only have 6)
so now i have a new house plant. gorilla glue i believe. ill donate it to someone who partakes later.

By the way Dowser what kind of grapes do you have growing there.
I have fond memories of concord grapes in west Michigan as a kid.
 

Attachments

  • 10000134.webp
    10000134.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
I grow seedless varieties, a yellow a red, and 2 purple.
Concord seedless for one and Kyoho seedless for another purple.
I believe one is Kyoho, but I could be wrong, they might both be Concord.
I did buy Kyoho, and sprout it, but I'm not sure it lived thru winter.
I will try to figure it out this fall when ripe.
Both are large purple kind, but Kyoho is a slip skin grape. If I can tell that then I might know.
The grapes in my hand were last year's. Could be Concord or Kyoho, both look the same, but I don't think Concord is slip skin, I'll see..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250820_175641785_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250820_175641785_HDR.webp
    918.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20250820_175534414.webp
    IMG_20250820_175534414.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20240912_184414_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240912_184414_Gallery.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 78
I'm 68 it's not my first rodeo growing weed.
No I don't smoke pesticides and fungicides.
I don't get ill smoking weed sprayed with peroxide!
 
Last edited:
So you end up smoking fungicide and pesticides? Good grief man! Be careful out there!

There's plenty of very effective, organic, non-chemical fungicides and bug killers on the market
today.
INSECT.gif
 
I'm 68 it's not my first rodeo growing weed.
No I don't smoke pesticides and fungicides.
I don't get ill smoking weed sprayed with peroxide!
Have ever use DE as a solution for insect issues?
 
Have ever use DE as a solution for insect issues?
No, I use Azamax once or twice for Aphids.
Most bugs are wintering in, not much eats THC.
The Aphids are all I worry about, besides mold.
I have thrown lbs of weed away, because of mold problems. With thick buds, none are mold free.
I've been smoking mold for years, some less some more.. I am healthy, and happy, life goes on!
 
No, I use Azamax once or twice for Aphids.
Most bugs are wintering in, not much eats THC.
The Aphids are all I worry about, besides mold.
I have thrown lbs of weed away, because of mold problems. With thick buds, none are mold free.
I've been smoking mold for years, some less some more.. I am healthy, and happy, life goes on!
DE might be a helpful solution to help inhibit the mold issues.
Silica helps with the cellular strength of the plant.
Screenshot_20250821_070938_Google.webp


The Wollastonite mine near me provides farms with their product. I use it also in my garden and berry patch.
Lots of folks use it for insect control (larva)in the soils.
Basically it's a case of getting fruit or no fruit in some cases.
Currents is one that friends have used the Wollastonite around plants and its very beneficial.
Screenshot_20250821_070839_Google.webp

Silica is the mineral that helps prevent mold on cannabis plants by strengthening the plant's cell walls and making it more resistant to fungal infections. Specifically, it helps by creating a barrier that fungal hyphae (tiny threads) cannot penetrate.

If you Google "What mineral helps prevent mold in cannabis"
It will provide a full explanation on the benefits of Silica and how it works.
 
DE might be a helpful solution to help inhibit the mold issues.
Silica helps with the cellular strength of the plant.
View attachment 2221896

The Wollastonite mine near me provides farms with their product. I use it also in my garden and berry patch.
Lots of folks use it for insect control (larva)in the soils.
Basically it's a case of getting fruit or no fruit in some cases.
Currents is one that friends have used the Wollastonite around plants and its very beneficial.
View attachment 2221897
Silica is the mineral that helps prevent mold on cannabis plants by strengthening the plant's cell walls and making it more resistant to fungal infections. Specifically, it helps by creating a barrier that fungal hyphae (tiny threads) cannot penetrate.

If you Google "What mineral helps prevent mold in cannabis"
It will provide a full explanation on the benefits of Silica and how it works.
DE should not be inhaled. Shouldn't use during flower stage.
I use clay, and it worked well during veg stage, the residual clay hangs around on the leaves for a while, looks like Powdery mildew.
I sprayed with Azamax 2 weeks ago. I picked off the ladybugs then sprayed.
The plants just started flowering, and I doubt Aphids will be back, it's getting colder.
I won't need to spray any more insecticides/pesticides. Only mold care..
 
If you are battling mold or bud rot, check out this product called cease. It is basically a culture of latic acid bacteria that prevents the molds and rot from reproducing, very safe stuff. Can be sprayed up to last two weeks of flowering. all that's needed is a bud wash at harvest, which if you grow outdoors you should be doing no matter what. You wouldn't believe the amount of dust, pollen, tiny flys and so on that come off when washing. Also your plants look like they might need some cal mag? Hard to tell from photos but they are definitely lacking a bit of something. They look great overall though, I'm just an obsessive grower.
 
If you are battling mold or bud rot, check out this product called cease. It is basically a culture of latic acid bacteria that prevents the molds and rot from reproducing, very safe stuff. Can be sprayed up to last two weeks of flowering. all that's needed is a bud wash at harvest, which if you grow outdoors you should be doing no matter what. You wouldn't believe the amount of dust, pollen, tiny flys and so on that come off when washing. Also your plants look like they might need some cal mag? Hard to tell from photos but they are definitely lacking a bit of something. They look great overall though, I'm just an obsessive grower.
I'm growing 5 varieties, 7 plants, some are light green, some dark. Not all are pictured.
I only just started using a flower food, they were planted with fertilizer Memorial day, and I try not to water them .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom