What's new

Cheap weed

DE should not be inhaled. Shouldn't use during flower stage.
I use clay, and it worked well during veg stage, the residual clay hangs around on the leaves for a while, looks like Powdery mildew.
I sprayed with Azamax 2 weeks ago. I picked off the ladybugs then sprayed.
The plants just started flowering, and I doubt Aphids will be back, it's getting colder.
I won't need to spray any more insecticides/pesticides. Only mold care..
Yes a 😷 is recommended for applications if DE.
Very fine particulate.
1 lb of DE will cover 2 acres.
Food grade DE should be the only type used.
Out of 600+ plus mines in NA only about -10% are food grade.
 
If you are battling mold or bud rot, check out this product called cease. It is basically a culture of latic acid bacteria that prevents the molds and rot from reproducing, very safe stuff. Can be sprayed up to last two weeks of flowering. all that's needed is a bud wash at harvest, which if you grow outdoors you should be doing no matter what. You wouldn't believe the amount of dust, pollen, tiny flys and so on that come off when washing. Also your plants look like they might need some cal mag? Hard to tell from photos but they are definitely lacking a bit of something. They look great overall though, I'm just an obsessive grower.
I do have a leaf problem, I'll have to get some cal mag, thanks!
 
Last edited:
First time growing in this area, and it's mostly sand.
I use a shovelful of pro mix dirt, plant, then ring with triple fertilizer. 12 close and 19 far. I grow in sand and can understand it being nutrient difficent.
I plant my tomatoes the same.
Plant, ring with fertilizer one time, water.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250821-100315.Photos.webp
    Screenshot_20250821-100315.Photos.webp
    282.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20250821_100109824_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250821_100109824_HDR.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20250821_100046377_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250821_100046377_HDR.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
I grow Bell peppers, no hot peppers..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250821_102151783.webp
    IMG_20250821_102151783.webp
    4.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20250821_102226184.webp
    IMG_20250821_102226184.webp
    3.9 MB · Views: 57
Todd, seeing all those amber trichomes makes me wanna start some
seeds. Alas, no more grow room since the fire in June.

Hope you were harvesting that plant, as the trichomes say it's medium
to almost well done.
 
I had a chance to do some harvesting with a friend who got a California license to grow CBD , inspectors would come out every few weeks & test to be sure he was not growing THC , All grown outdoors it all looks great but does not do anything & he charges twice the amount for his products ? It was fun kinda but I did not get the Munchies ?
image0(1).webp
 
Wow...that's a lot of weed. Hope he has a good trimmer!
old stoner.gif
 
Wow...that's a lot of weed. Hope he has a good trimmer! View attachment 2222750
That machine behind us is made to remove all the buds just stick the branch in the right size hole it will pull in & strip all buds off & leave just sticks witch he sell to make hemp rope or textile's .
 
Ok, it strips the buds off, but does it trim them too?
 
Reading through I saw aphids mentioned. Best thing I have ever used is a home made Iso Alcohol distilled water mix in a hand sprayer. 65% iso 35% distilled. Normal tap water where I am contains who knows what and turns it into a milky colour and heard, can't confirm, that some chemicals in tap water mess it up. Stays crystal clear with distilled. It kills them within minutes and is totally harmless to plants. It evaporates within minutes and as it does it strips all the moisture out of the aphids body killing them. Works on every bug and grub that's been a garden problem to me. Cheap as too. I get 5 litres for 45 bucks pure 100% iso. 3 bucks 2 litres of distilled. Love that its completely gone within minutes of spraying.
 
That machine behind us is made to remove all the buds just stick the branch in the right size hole it will pull in & strip all buds off & leave just sticks witch he sell to make hemp rope or textile's .
No thc smoke
 
Reading through I saw aphids mentioned. Best thing I have ever used is a home made Iso Alcohol distilled water mix in a hand sprayer. 65% iso 35% distilled. Normal tap water where I am contains who knows what and turns it into a milky colour and heard, can't confirm, that some chemicals in tap water mess it up. Stays crystal clear with distilled. It kills them within minutes and is totally harmless to plants. It evaporates within minutes and as it does it strips all the moisture out of the aphids body killing them. Works on every bug and grub that's been a garden problem to me. Cheap as too. I get 5 litres for 45 bucks pure 100% iso. 3 bucks 2 litres of distilled. Love that its completely gone within minutes of spraying.
Yes I was using Azamax, listed Organic, but my girlfriend got some on her foot, and it got bad for a while, thanks for the info, I need to change.
I have been using Peroxide for fungus and hasn't harmed anything yet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom