CHECK OUT YELLOWSTONE PARK BEFORE IT GOES!!!!!!!

Ya right. You,ll be all goose stepping outside tomorrow. On stilts.
I'am to tall for stilts.....but I can start one hell of a fire!!:laughing7:
See....nematodes know their place! I...am a local...they better not go there!!:laughing7:
Fried nematodes....hmmmm.

I'am to tall for stilts.....but I can start one hell of a fire!!:laughing7:
See....nematodes know their place! I...am a local...they better not go there!!:laughing7:
Fried nematodes....hmmmm.

Taste like fried CHICKEN! GREAT for "partying"... like TURKEY FRIES! WHERE is that bowl of... YUMM! :laughing7:

At the risk of sounding like a hick.....What is A chigger?

Well you took the risk and yes... you's a hick now.

"What is a chigger...?" I've been laced twice in my life with'em. Once in Missouri and once here (TN.) in 95'. And both times I was huntin' & fishin' in weeds and woods. And the first time I had them EVERYWHERE! Second time just my ankles and groin area but it was BAD! Mosquitoes, flies and ticks can't hold a candle to a bad case of chiggers (so I say). We didn't have chiggers in MI. thank God. But if you take the time to spray with Deep Woods or something with deet you can avoid this problem. Poor Frank (Huntsman53) really got laced good on his first trip here and was in misery! Second trip he was OK... but he didn't waste any OFF either. Anybody who's got a bad case of chiggers KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.... :occasion14:

Growing up in Texas, I can vouch for the 'itch' caused by chiggers. I don't know which is worse, chiggers or mosquitoes. Ticks were also a problem, and also fleas; but I didn't have that much of a problem with either of 'em. I remember getting a few on me. Ticks and fleas were a big problem for dogs, especially fleas. Chiggers were everywhere, except in St. Augustine grass. I guess that was one thing that made it so popular. That and it's beauty.

That's some of the things I love about living in Idaho. I've not seen a chigger, flea, or tick in the 7+ years that I've lived here. I'm told that there are fleas in some areas and that ticks are mostly in the mountains. The biggest problem I have with being outside here is the mosquitoes.

As I remember the chiggers, They formed long red raised tunnels on my arms and itched like hell. My mother would put clear fingernail polish on the end of the red tunnel. this hardened the skin and killed the chigger.

Back to the present time. This summer has been the wettest I have seen in many years. There have been no fleas, no mosquitos, Maybe 6 small ticks all summer, but the flies are bad up in the fields, but none at the house. I think this is due to the abundance of dragonflies. Love to watch them work. They can hover, fly forward and backward and run search patterns back and forth across the yard. They can also do 60 mph in short sprints.
So I sit on the porch with Blue sometimes. lol Frank...- five star.png
Blue 1212.jpg

Remember the clear nail polish trick, but some lady from the northeast gave my mom a bottle of something (nail polish remover?) which worked even better.

no... NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on Frank (Huntsman53) and help me OUT!!!!!

Nobody puts ANY type "polish" on an infestation of chiggers. Upon this happening it's now NOT a chigger "bite" but a full blown invasion upon you. And a mosquito bite does NOT even compare to a chigger bite. Maybe a tick bite get some type of home remedy (polish ?).

Frank... Not the same thing... no "tunnel". I guess ya got to be there... done that type of thing.

no... NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on Frank (Huntsman53) and help me OUT!!!!!

Nobody puts ANY type "polish" on an infestation of chiggers. Upon this happening it's now NOT a chigger "bite" but a full blown invasion upon you. And a mosquito bite does NOT even compare to a chigger bite. Maybe a tick bite get some type of home remedy (polish ?).

Frank... Not the same thing... no "tunnel". I guess ya got to be there... done that type of thing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hay, talking from actual experience. The clear nail polish on the end of the red line stopped them dead.
Old remedy from app.60 years ago. Frank...-five star.png

Before you make too many projections, check the USGS realtime earthquake maps and see the hundreds of tremors and small quakes that take place every year in the places you mention...

I agree with this statement...

So much of the predictions can be classified as "Chicken Little" thinking...Husker reakoning..

I happen to live about 5 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean (in the Eel River Delta) with a few dairy's in-between...a community within the Giant Redwoods...a community that thrives within numerous natural threats...

Directly west about another 5 miles or so is the terminus of the San Andreas Fault where it intersects the centroid of 3 continental plates...

About 25 to 30% of all California earthquakes eminate from that intersection...

Our elevation is exactly 50 feet above mean high tide...and we are about 1000 yards from the limits of the psunomi flood plain...

About 10 or so miles south is an area that has the highest rainfall in the United States...200 or so inches annually...

And yet surrounded by these threats, there is not one scientist that can predict how each of these elements will react...

As a child, my family traveled thru the Ozarks where I found a prediction-type novelty weather board that had a leather donkey tail...it said if the tail is wet, its raining; if the tail is white, its snowing, if you can't seee the tail, its foggy...thats as close to a creative prediction as it gets...

Making a worldly catastrophic prediction is like trying to catch a fart in the wind...

Last edited:
Do you ever wonder where farts do go ? is there like a fart layer or zone ?

Farts are methane gas. Read that highly flammable. The gas spreads out rapidly. Don't ever 'vent' near a flame or you will look like am F18A on afterburners. Frank...-five star.png

I agree with this statement...

So much of the predictions can be classified as "Chicken Little" thinking...

I happen to live about 5 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean (in the Eel River Delta) with a few dairy's in-between...

Directly west about another 5 miles or so is the terminus of the San Andreas Fault where it intersects the centroid of 3 continental plates...

About 25 to 30% of all California earthquakes emanate from that intersection...

Our elevation is exactly 50 feet above mean high tide...and we are about 1000 yards from the limits of the psonomi flood plane...

About 10 or so miles south is an area that has the highest rainfall in the United States...200 or so inches annually...

Making a prediction is like trying to catch a fart in the wind...
----------------------------------------- -------------------------------

You do have flood insurance don't you?
Predictions on eruptions and quakes are mainly made on hunches or educated guesses.
That is my (SWAG) hunch. Frank...-five star.png

Last edited:
Eel river eh? I have friends from alder point...and have enjoyed many a fine meal and micro brew at the Eel river brewing Co.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back