What's new

Chert With 2 Points Under Production.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,434
Reaction score
72,658
Golden Thread
0
Found in Mid Missouri

20181009_194253.webp

20181009_194311.webp
 
Upvote 0
no? really? i see it but i didn't think points were made like that! that is awesome
 
With the notches on both ends it looks like it would have been halfted to a handle. Cool Find!
 
I think that was going to be a eccentric or just a practice piece. cool find. !!!!!!:occasion14:
 
Very cool piece you got there. i really like that.
 
Naa , those are just natural,���� ��tumbling in a creek did that! ����,, im pretty sure someone will probably say,���� anywho those are sweet!
 
Very, very interesting. I am leaning towards hand held knife/scraper, or practice piece also. The notches on both ends are very interesting, but the "stems" between the notches look too thin and short IMO to have been for hafting? If I imagine a shaft the width of these stems being hafted to this piece, it seems they would be too thin or flimsy to have been able to withstand the leverage needed to work the knife with such a handle? Just some thoughts, I like thought provoking pieces.
 
Small tang knife, some of the midback and corner tang knives from the plains can have notching like that.

An exceptional find.
 
That dude planned ahead
 
I was thinking it was hafted similar to this knife. Gary

imagesA0ZY6BZC.webp
 
If I saw only the right side sticking out of the dirt, I would've sworn that I had found a Hernando, especially if it came out of Florida. Very interesting and such a cool piece!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom