Chess board

Aram28

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all,

An old chess board made by hand. Made out of different types of wood. No paint was used.
Can anyone tell me anything else?

Thanks

Aram photo.JPG photo(1).JPG

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aram, welcome to the net. Nice board. I play tournament chess and enjoy the looks of a good set of Staunton pieces. The board is well made but, with this lighting, the darks squares appear to be painted or stained. I know of no wood that would be that "blue". Incidently, the right bottom square should be the light colored square for picture taking. No big deal. By putting the white square on the bottom right, the white queen will be oriented properly on "d1", a light square. TTC

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aram, welcome to the net. Nice board. I play tournament chess and enjoy the looks of a good set of Staunton pieces. The board is well made but, with this lighting, the darks squares appear to be painted or stained. I know of no wood that would be that "blue". Incidently, the right bottom square should be the light colored square for picture taking. No big deal. By putting the white square on the bottom right, the white queen will be oriented properly on "d1", a light square. TTC

I play chess too mainly Blitz chess.. My rating on Internet Chess Club is around 1900-2000 in blitz and my standard rating is 2100. I use too play OTB also USCF and FIDE.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to play a lot not so much now .I taught my children to play and enjoy an occasional game.
Some of the town parks in Germany had large boards in concrete with waste high pieces.
It was free to play and very fun

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I play chess too mainly Blitz chess.. My rating on Internet Chess Club is around 1900-2000 in blitz and my standard rating is 2100. I use too play OTB also USCF and FIDE.
Ouch! I am around 1200, I think. Probably less. I'll have to check at the USCF site. TTC

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
This might sound silly but I remember something like this was offered as a Wood Shop project so it might be made by a student . Other than that it might have been made in India for Pier One Imports . HH , Woodstock
Dear all,

An old chess board made by hand. Made out of different types of wood. No paint was used.
Can anyone tell me anything else?

Thanks

Aram View attachment 737716 View attachment 737717

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread