What's new

Childs Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Dug this thingy today. Kinda reminds me of a hub you'd see on a child's wagon wheel. But I'm sure that's not even close.

I believe it's made of copper. Was found near an old home site. The site also has native american/missionary history nearby.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for looking.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • unknown_a.webp
    unknown_a.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 303
  • unknown_b.webp
    unknown_b.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 301
  • unknown_c.webp
    unknown_c.webp
    29 KB · Views: 288
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Possibly an escutcheon plate or rosette for an old doorknob.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

AU24K said:
Possibly an escutcheon plate or rosette for an old doorknob.
Scott

Man your good Au!
You just might be on to something.
Thanks for the reply.
-Swartzie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

I think the overall diameter including the center hole would be a little small for a door knob. Another wag would be a lamp part? You might be right though and should keep an eye out for one of them "Old Hairy Crishnahs" walking around with only one "finger cymbal" and a glazed look in his eyes...... :laughing7:

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Hey, if you look at my post: Today's Civil War Finds, which is located about 3 or 4 above yours, you will see I found the same piece. I agree with the majority and think it's some type of eschucheon plate. :D Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

I keep getting distracted by your ring in the photo's... Always got gold on the mind. ;D

Being a locksmith, I would have to say that that would be a tiny escutcheon plate for a tiny lock.

I think the hub theory is more likely.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Is the hole....less than a 1/4 of an inch?

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

It looks like part of a Christmas decoration well really any time ! It looks like the chime part on a angel candle ....you light the candles and it turns and little angels have a bar hanging from them ad as it goes around they hit those chimes. Maynot be but we have one and I still have my grandmothers.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

TiredIron said:
Is the hole....less than a 1/4 of an inch?

TiredIron

The hole is a little bigger than 1/4". It measures 5/16". The overall diameter of the piece is 1-3/8".
-Swartzie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

TiredIron said:
I think the overall diameter including the center hole would be a little small for a door knob. Another wag would be a lamp part? You might be right though and should keep an eye out for one of them "Old Hairy Crishnahs" walking around with only one "finger cymbal" and a glazed look in his eyes...... :laughing7:

TiredIron

I started looking at lamp parts online. What I have looks very similar to a lamp vase cap (pictured below).
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • untitled3.webp
    untitled3.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
Re: Child's Wagon Wheel Hub, Finger Cymbal, Bell, or ??

Very good possibility there! :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom