What's new

Chinese Chop Mark Identification

turtlefoot13

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
733
Reaction score
105
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If this is in the wrong place I am sorry and please move/remove it. I also posted it in the garage sale forum.

Doug

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question. Does anyone know of any good site for id'ing Chinese Chop Marks?

I purchased 9 pieces of Chinese art VERY reasonably and all appear to be original and from the 1950's or before. All 9 are similar. I now have the fun of trying to id them.

Any help will be appreciated. Below are some pics of one of the images. The last pic has been adjusted to make the mark easier to see. I can't tell if it is on paper of cloth. It looks almost like it has a VERY tight weave. I also think that these are in their original frame. On the back is has:

Holland Frame Shop
1025 First Avenue
New York 22
PLaza 3-7758


Thanks,
Doug

Chineseprint001.jpg

Chineseprint002.jpg

Chineseprint003.jpg
 
turtlefoot13 said:
I have a quick question. Does anyone know of any good site for id'ing Chinese Chop Marks?
We have some members here than can help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom