christmas wish list

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
You will never forget your first machine...Good luck....HH

p.s. my first detector was from Sears in 1975...you just reminded me to ask my mom where it is...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Best of luck! Hope Santa got the hint. If he did, make a little shadow box of some of your finds and give it to Mr. and Mrs. Clause as a present. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
well wish u the best of xmas, 8 more days,,,lol

R

rvbvetter

You might want to hint to mrs clause, which one you want, also. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get one! Tons of fun .Just stay away from graceland, they might frown upon that.LOL Good luck and merry Christmas! :)

OP
OP
memphis

memphis

Dec 17, 2005
Memphis
Graceland is in a really bad neighborhood...

I've got a Graceland find story for later... (This is the teaser!!!!)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get your detector! Just make sure that battlefied is on private property and you get permission. Good luck. Tsgman

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get your Christmas wish!!

Merry Christmas!

;)

OP
OP
memphis

memphis

Dec 17, 2005
Memphis
Re: Elvis Story

Years ago, my dad bought an old building downtown.... This was an old turn of the centure 6 story printing / warehousing facilty... There was all kinds of neat stuff in here... There was one room however, that was sealed tight. We had to blow the door as it was a vault door and we didn't have the combinations --- basic safe cracking 101... Inside were old bibles, calendars, unissued bonds (file cabinets of this stuff -- still have them all), an oil painting by the printer's wife, and even guest towels as are seen in many bathrooms... The printer was named, S.C. Toof - His wife was named Grace... They bought some property in southeast Memphis and he named it after her... it was many years later (50-60) when Elvis aquired the property that was already named Graceland.

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
My first detector was a Radio Shack Cheapie back in 1981. (I didn't know better) I obsessed with that thing for 6 months and found very little. I sold it when I started chasing girls, always knowing I'd come back to this hobby. Although it was almost 20 years later, I got back into it 5 years ago and haven't looked back.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: Elvis Story

memphis said:
- His wife was named Grace... They bought some property in southeast Memphis and he named it after her... it was many years later (50-60) when Elvis aquired the property that was already named Graceland.

Cool :)
I've never been to Graceland, but in '98 one of my daughters graduated college, and the other daughter graduated high school. The older one bought a mustang convertible and the two of them took off on a road trip. They ended up at Graceland. (i guess they musta been brainwashed as kids) Neither one of them were in ANY WAY used to the southern sun! Boy did they FRY in that convertible. Youngest one's face all blew up from sun poisoning! dur.... we TRIED to warn them :)
Any of that filing cabinet loot worth eBaying? ya never know")
Hope you get your Md,,, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

OP
OP
memphis

memphis

Dec 17, 2005
Memphis
not sure if it's worth putting on ebay --- but I've got tons of stuff from the building ... my father promised that if santa remembered it's on my list, he'll go out walking with me next weekend as it's supposed to rain tomorrow ---

any thoughts on walking with the metal detector thru the local cemetery? ;) You never know --- you might be a lucky stiff

OP
OP
memphis

memphis

Dec 17, 2005
Memphis
Got it.... it's a low end metal detector - but should suffice for a starter kit --- it's a discovery 1100 -- 6" range... not sure how good the capacity is...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
It's a metal detector. Don't get too wrapped around the axle about the bells and whistles. I got a REAL cheap machine about 30 years ago, and I cleaned up. Yeah it was a long time ago, but it was a very low end machine, with absolutely NO descrimination, so I had to dig everything. That's my advice. Dig it all. At least to start. Pretty soon you'll learn what 'tin foil' and 'pull tabs' sound like, and then decide it you want to dig 'iffy' signals. Remember, if you're not digging foil, you're likely missing nickels and gold rings..................

Roger (in Clarksville, about 4 hours East)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread