Civil War Knife (real or fake?)

Civil War Geek

Aug 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this knife from the Civil war era? If so, does the carving look to the Period?

s-l1600.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l16005.jpg

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Opinion....

I'm 'Always' Suspect of Such Marked items.
Could it be the Real deal ? Yes

Could it be a fake ? Yes

Try to do some research on the 13 N.C.V.& see if there was a J. Beck. (of course a counterfeiter could also look up this info.)

I don't know anything about CW era writing Styles , but something about (all Capitals) in the name :icon_scratch:

Again I could be wrong , just research the heck out of it , there "may" be other Similar marked Pieces out there rather real of Fake.
Hope it's Authentic .
Davers :thumbsup:

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Opinion....

I'm 'Always' Suspect of Such Marked items.
Could it be the Real deal ? Yes

Could it be a fake ? Yes

Try to do some research on the 13 N.C.V.& see if there was a J. Beck. (of course a counterfeiter could also look up this info.)

I don't know anything about CW era writing Styles , but something about (all Capitals) in the name :icon_scratch:

Again I could be wrong , just research the heck out of it , there "may" be other Similar marked Pieces out there rather real of Fake.
Hope it's Authentic .
Davers :thumbsup:
If you look at my post above and go to the link there was a J. Beck on the roster. I agree it could still be fake, but someone went to a lot of trouble. Maybe he can research some more from this link and verify

HH, Relic Nut

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great knife and is there a makers mark. At a museum last week and curator said Bell and Davis had the CSA knife contract. Can anyone tell me if that is fact or fiction. He had a Bowie type knife with BELL AND DAVIS on it. Best,

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question would be... Why would a soldier be carrying a butter knife? It's a Civil War "era" knife but... :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread