What's new

Civil War Store card - 1863 Edward Shulzes Restaurant token

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Civil War Store card - 1863 Edward Shulze's Restaurant token

Not everyone understands what these tokens are, but what an interesting history surrounding these. But here's the basic story: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_token

Got out for a hunt with a friend who wanted to hunt for his birthday. Nothing too old was found between the three of us but I did manage this civil war token.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957528.135976.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957545.673921.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957557.732183.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957606.237518.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957693.081551.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458957700.283392.webp
The photo with the undug IHC is for size comparison, but I did find those dimes today, and the last photos is a nice undug example from the intranet
Enjoy your hunts

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 30
HEY SCRAP NICE FINDS .
 
Love the token and the fatty Scrappy. :icon_thumright: I see you pulled a couple more 7-11 coins.
 
Nice finds and a cool token, Steve.
 
Civil War Store card - 1863 Edward Shulze's Restaurant token

Nice finds looks like a good day

HEY SCRAP NICE FINDS .

Love the token and the fatty Scrappy. :icon_thumright: I see you pulled a couple more 7-11 coins.

Nice finds and a cool token, Steve.

Thanks for looking guys. That civil war token saved the day and didn't come out half bad considering how it looked right after digging. Sorry loco, that IHC wasnt dug unfortunately, it was just there to show how this token is after than the usual small cent size

Cheers
 
Last edited:
Scrappy,I really like those civil war storecards .
 
Scrappy
Nice finds,cool token !
You do a great job with that 3030 the manufacturer should give you a real Gold star .
Gary
 
Very nice . I love that token
 
That token is sweet. Good job on the silver too.
 
Tokens can be cooler finding then coin awesome token!
 
Scrappy,I really like those civil war storecards .
They're great little snippets of history. Thanks for looking
Scrappy
Nice finds,cool token !
You do a great job with that 3030 the manufacturer should give you a real Gold star .
Gary
Thx Gary. A gold star would be good, a gold coin would be great. Lol.
Very nice . I love that token
Thanks Wheat. What a rough looking deer right?!
Love the look of that token great find.
I wish I took a picture of it coming from the ground. I didn't think it would have any detail left upon cleaning. Thx for the comment.
That token is sweet. Good job on the silver too.

Those silvers always make a hunt sweeter. Thx
 
Tokens can be cooler finding then coin awesome token!
Much appreciated. The longer I hunt and find multiple coins of many varieties, the more I've been enjoying token finds. To me they're more unique, and upon finding and investigating them, you learn more history.
Nice digs stevei reall y love those . Uique coins,

Charlie thanks for taking us to the spot and Happy Birthday buddy. Can you please pass the Grey Poupon?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom