All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to buy a bag from a bank I am not a member of. The two banks with coin machines that I am a member of, I have bought bags from both.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell them that I will not come back and complain if the bag is short (they often contain several Canadian $2 coins so I'm ahead anyway) and I also tell them they will never see them again - make sure you have an alternate dump site.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Community banks or small regional banks are more likely to play ball than national or large regional banks. Credit Unions are even more likely to accommodate.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried to buy a bag that I knew had a couple of 90% halves. Looked like walkers or bens judging by the smoother rims. Unfortunately the teller was foreign and couldn't understand my query. She thought that I wanted to buy the plastic bags. I politely corrected her and asked to buy the full bag of coins. She got confused and frustrated and told me that I couldn't buy it. I guess I'll try a different teller next time.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 banks that will sell me bags. Bags are very good. just keep asking. Most will not sell you bags. Or late at nite a big rock and a hammer and screwdriver. And run like mule with 500 lbs on his back. A wheelbarrow is no good they follow the tire tracks. Good luck

OP
OP
L

Long Jon Silver

Greenie
Aug 27, 2012
Live Free Or Die
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u all for your input. I have tried at two banks that I am a member of, different branches of each. I have accounts at 3 different banks. One without coin machines. I know of a credit union in town with a coin machine. Ill go there and talk to them and ask if they'll sell them to me before I open an account. I never dump where I pick up. Ill make sure I tell them that. Thanks again. Ill post if successful at this new one. Jon

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
My pickup bank where I don't have an account at (idk if they know that or not) sells me two $50 cent bags a week. They also save all pre 1964 coins that come through. I don't like educating them on silver, so I just said anything pre 1964 or any half dollars or big dollars. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread