What's new

Coin shooting : best day

Peter67

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
277
Reaction score
367
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering what people consider as a good day in coin shooting. My best day ever was 49,5 euro on 1 day. Most of the times it's between 15 and 30 euro but this is for a whole day hunting.
 
At most spots around me I average about $1.50 per hour. I have had a couple sites that were so infested with coins that I did average as much as $8.00 per hour, but alas I have pounded those sites to death to where I dig less than $1.00 per hour now.
 
Last edited:
I do dig at public parks and schools, but my favorite places to detect are permissions (old yards) where I can find coins that are 100 or more years old. I'll take 3 keepers over $10 in clad any
day.
 
Usually I find something but if I don't and the sun is shinning, birds singing, it was a good day! Just getting out in nature is a good day for me and the finds are gravy.
 
$.50 to $1.25 per hour maybe...yikes!
 
-.50 cents an hour. Pays for the Battery usage. Just haven't got on the good coinage digs.
 
here in the usa anything above a quarter isn't used much for coins. so takes a whole lot more coins found to make those kind of figures.
 
here in the usa anything above a quarter isn't used much for coins. so takes a whole lot more coins found to make those kind of figures.

In Europe we have the advantage of the 1 an 2 euro coins. In the US you need 8 quarters for 1 piece of 2 euro, this makes a big different.
 
I do dig at public parks and schools, but my favorite places to detect are permissions (old yards) where I can find coins that are 100 or more years old. I'll take 3 keepers over $10 in clad any
day.

Exactly! When I get a new place I'll run around in the high traffic areas to get a general idea of what I'm working with...hunted, hunted hard, virgin etc...depending on time I'll hunt high signals, if I have plenty time I'll dig everything. I've had the good fortune to hunt 2 virgin spots, reaping $250+ from just clad, half a dozen silver rings a few silver coins and ten metric tons of trash...my best day was probably $30 in clad from one of my spots, about $7.50 per hour...one plug had EIGHT quarters, adds up fast like that! Good luck...Ddf
 
As long as I'm finding coins I'm happy. I don't keep track of how much I find per hour. A lot of spots I go are well hunted so I'm only going to find fresh drops for the most part. If I leave them alone for more then 2 weeks I can tell someone already hit them. In those spots I probably average 0.75 per hour. The way I look at it the clad pays for my batteries and some of my gas. When and if I find jewelry that will pay for my time.

I look at it like a chess game. I want to think of spots in these searched areas no one else has. For instance where I live some of the homeless make crude shelters out of driftwood on the beach to sleep in. It doesn't take long for them to get run off and then I run my coil around inside them. So for me it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Regardless of what I find or if I get skunked it's always better then being stuck at work and that's priceless.
 
My best day was 466 coins. I don't know the face value of that. That was after a beach storm left coins so thick, that each basket had multiple coins. I could have had 1000 coins, if I'd shown up earlier (the incoming tide chased me out while there was still thousands of signals to choose from). Lots of old coins and a $2.50 gold that day too.

Trying to rack of impressive face value counts is difficult here in the USA, since our highest denomination coin (realistically speaking) is only .25c

Would love to do Japan. Where they have coins of $1 and $5, that are carried every bit as much as .25 is carried here :)
 
All time record probably 100 coins. I've hit only four tot lots this year and only got maybe 20 coins total. One of these lots would normally net me 20-40 coins depending on how long between visits.

Best coin spill, or more likely multiple drops, was 38 coins dead under one swing on a swingset.
 
Getting nearly 50 Euros in one day is insane, around $60! When I did clad shooting during my first year of metal detecting, $2 dollars in one hunt was a good day! You seem to be doing very good, keep it up. :thumbsup:
 
My best record was 92 coins for $6.85 on 10/6/16 at a dirt digging.

Day before yesterday I dug 81 coins in 3.5 hours, while my buddy Steve = I think it was 106 coins swinging his Tejon, danged he's good with that machine.

I've been thinking I've been hindering myself paying attention to the FE/CO numbers on the CTX, while Steve just digs every beep, no TID on that Tejon. Steve digs more trash it seems than good targets, while even though I've begun digging zincolns again, I still find far less trash than Steve.

Sooooo......

What's that telling me?

Gotta stop looking at numbers, just digging every solid signal - or maybe I should go back to my 1260X

Just because it's a 3030, there's a moral to remember here.
 
Because of hand and leg problems due to age catching up on me, I limit my hunts to 2 hours, always in the mornings. 15-25 coins is my average.

My best day was 72 coins in 6 hours. Took me days to record er. Never again.
 
My record finds for one 4hr.hunt was 100 coins with 68 of those being qtrs. It was a 27 year locked bleachers and concession stand high school stadium. Went back a second time and hit for 82 more coins. Almost $35.00 total. No silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom