Coins Cache or Ore?

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been two dowsing hits on this image. They were close to each other but not real close. One hit ore and one hit coins. So I am asking for a third opinion. I would suspect there would be silver ore in this area but the two prior hits said gold. I would even be happy with meteorites. I would be happy with anything that I can convert to cash. Even a cave or mine.
Thanks
Nicholas

B BC Overview.PNG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the red X a signal, was hard to id, but seems to be down to 12 feet deep. Green Xs archaeological signals. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of deep valuable artifacts or silver ore either. Any Native American sites in the area?

Attachments

• B BC Overview-bookcliff.jpg
    B BC Overview-bookcliff.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 174

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was short of time in checking the map. Finished it now, blue X is a silver attraction down to about 12 feet deep also. Orange X a gold attraction, but goes deeper to about 14 feet. Red circles for caves/tunnels or old mine workings. Green circles for natural caves.

Attachments

• B BC Overviewx-bookcliff.jpg
    B BC Overviewx-bookcliff.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red. Now I just need to sort this all out. One of the previous hits I had was kind of vague as it wasn't a very detailed map. I believe yours matches up pretty good. You've given me a pretty good area to focus on.

Not sure about Native Americans. I know they were close to this area but not sure about this specific area. Could be outlaws too. There has also been mining claims historically and recently a few miles south. Maybe 2-4 miles south. This is an area I may be able to work in some of the colder months.
Nick

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a signs/marker signal, since posting the map, just right of the 2nd orange X.....there could be more. I'm not sure how close this site is to Wyoming, learned something recently about gold geology in that region. Granite often has seams of manganese, which contain gold & silver. Some coal deposits contain small amounts of gold. Platinum, gold, silver, is recovered from the copper ores. Core drilling samples from petroleum exploration, have been known to contain small grains of gold.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sign/marker thickens the plot. It also raises my interest and resolve.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being close to good signals, the right kind of marker could be a good indication, that something once was hid at that location.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I marked the spot with a white X. Found another at the white circle.

Attachments

• B BC Overviewx-crop.jpg
    B BC Overviewx-crop.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good. Continuing to narrow the search. I do have an image that zooms in a little more. Maybe I can post it tomorrow.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me longer than I had hoped to post this image. Hopefully it may help to pinpoint a bit better. I'm certainly interested in the red, blue and orange Xs.

B BC Hill 100.PNG

Attachments

• B BC Hill.PNG
    B BC Hill.PNG
    523.5 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red got a lot of hits here. I was wondering what others find. Maybe we can get some kind if consensus here.

I plan on doing some farming this summer near here and may take some time off for prospecting. Looks like some faults in the area so maybe some ore. Outlaws and mining nearby too.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked my last map specifically for outlaw signals, then for Spanish. The large black circle with a dot is the first hit, then the smaller one. Not getting for sure yet which it is, outlaw or Spanish. The red X might be just deep artifacts or loose stuff 5-6 ft deep. I still get plenty cave/tunnel signals around this area.

Attachments

• B BC Overviewx-crop2.jpg
    B BC Overviewx-crop2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 131

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to use black for outlaw and red for Spanish, but the red didn't show up very good, so put white over them. White circles with dot, tunnels/caves and/or markers.....not getting for sure if of Spanish origin. Black circles with dot, got responses for outlaw also getting responses there for gold and/or silver.

Attachments

• B BC Hill 100-bookcliff.PNG
    B BC Hill 100-bookcliff.PNG
    533.6 KB · Views: 175

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bookcliff,Nice, sharp photo!Dowsing revealed an attraction to gold and silver in the areas of the white circles...more gold than silver.Dowsing also revealed the area is full of caves/tunnels/old mine workings.Thanks for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• bc1dowsed.png
    bc1dowsed.png
    481.5 KB · Views: 181
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jon. I'll give this area a good look when I get there. Should be about 2-4 months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread