What's new

Coinstar bonnaza....best ever

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
2,414
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Risk our lives to get groceries at Kroger this morning, hit my favorite Coinstar on the way out Wow.....two $1 Canadian and a $2 Canadian plus more Canadian for a total of $5.02 Plus $1.08 in Amercian clad.....Plus Silver........ a 1954 Rosie What a haul:laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • 103_9492.webp
    103_9492.webp
    816.4 KB · Views: 217
NAILED IT! I love getting the Canadian change...it really adds up....I live close enough to Canada to pop over for the day and spend some of that change...and a Rosie to boot! I'd call that a good haul..please post a close up of the 54 rosie.....:hello2:
 
I don't understand how you get coins from a Coinstar machine. Do yall own the machines? Granted, I've never use a Coinstar, so I'm obviously missing something.
 
NAILED IT! I love getting the Canadian change...it really adds up....I live close enough to Canada to pop over for the day and spend some of that change...and a Rosie to boot! I'd call that a good haul..please post a close up of the 54 rosie.....:hello2:

I am just across the river from Sarnia Ont. no stranger to Canadian money.....
 

Attachments

  • 103_9497.webp
    103_9497.webp
    480.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 103_9498.webp
    103_9498.webp
    405 KB · Views: 115
I don't understand how you get coins from a Coinstar machine. Do yall own the machines? Granted, I've never use a Coinstar, so I'm obviously missing something.

They are in stores to turn in loose change.....these coins are left in the rejected tray by people. Older silver ...sticky clad... and non U.S coins get rejected
 
Thank you cooper1841, i was going to ask the same question lol now we know:icon_scratch:
 
Each time I go to town for groceries, I swing by the Coinstar and check the reject tray. It's been a couple years since I made a score, but ya just never know. I've had some very nice scores - I think the best was 17 quarters one time.
 
I'm near the Vancouver BC border...thanks for posting the rosie....
 
I have checked hundreds of coinstar machines (everyone I pass) and have never found a coin. Explanations; please?
 
I have checked hundreds of coinstar machines (everyone I pass) and have never found a coin. Explanations; please?

They are hit and miss for sure......I have gone months......nothing then boom.
 
That’s nice I got a good coin star find yesterday bought a lot of silver from a guy. Not free but paid face. 35 in silver then he forgot some in the trey.
 
I have checked hundreds of coinstar machines (everyone I pass) and have never found a coin. Explanations; please?

Word about them seems to have gotten out and many people, including employees of the location they are at are checking them on a regular basis.
 
That's a very nice Coinstar haul. Made it worth battling the grocery crowds.
 
Canadian money..... Almost as good as the USA
 
Gotta think more and more people are cashing in their change these days, in lieu of a paycheck. Good time to be checking those machines.
 
Sweet score, congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES cooper1841 :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!​
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from TODAY'S FINDS! over to COINSTAR FINDS for more exposure :..​
 
The only problem now is... you have to wait for the borders to reopen before you can head to Tim Horton's on Exmouth St. in Sarnia to spend your finds on a large double double. :laughing7:

Congrats on the Rosie silver,
Dave
 
The only problem now is... you have to wait for the borders to reopen before you can head to Tim Horton's on Exmouth St. in Sarnia to spend your finds on a large double double. :laughing7:

Congrats on the Rosie silver,
Dave

Lol.....Or the Casino. We have two Tin Hortons in town
 
Keep trying is what I say....it may depend on the times you check....sometimes after people return from work is a good time....may you find a hoard!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom