Commit List for: "Meeting of the Minds Event" GLSP....June26th.

Commit List: If you are going to attend vote next to your screenname for the "Meeting of the Mi

• Mike Steely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ki

• Swizard

• Swiftsearcher

• Boomer

• Frontiersman

• Curtis

• Jackflash

• Mr.Jody

• TruckinButch

• Cyangyl

• HCA1961

• jimcor

• DmsDak

• Tiamullens

• Swiftfan

• Victories Gold

• MattE

• Oletanker

• Upthecreek

• JM

• Coldwater

• mtr88

• Frogling

• Rhoodphoto

• MasterMason

• Rebel

• DirtDigger

• Bman

• Swifthistoryman

• Goldhntr

• Rebel KGC

• cstraiton

• Poorhunter78

• Vamelungeon

• cstraiton1

• Total voters

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Re: Commit List for: "Meeting of the Minds Event" GLSP....June26th.

I checked commit but it still hinges on adequate advance planning for me to make the trip .
Poorhunter was also left off the list . We have plans to travel/camp together and take a share of the expenses .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A big 10/4.

jack flash

Greenie
May 7, 2009

I plan on attending. I am going to drive down that morning and back in the evening. I don't plan on staying or camping. I am anxious to meet everyone though. Jack flash.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

looking forward to it, and finally getting to meet everyone!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This sounds great, hope no one takes offense if they were left off...I don't know where the names even came from...someone is doing an excellent job in getting things finalized. I have a really good feeling about this adventure...we just may come up with the ideas it takes to find something. All it takes is one person mentioning one landmark that someone else sees just like Swift did and we will have it! I mentioned it in other posts that we can plot things on a big topo(I can make several of the areas on 42 x72 paper) we can stick pins in areas (the ones we don't mind sharing) that we have found things in. I believe this will start to show a grouping and help us locate the mines! This is how I found the Indian mines.

Curits

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky

No offense taken here. I don't post much on here, so I understand how I could be easily overlooked. I look forward to meeting all of you and absorbing a great deal of knowledge.

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Guys,

I am definitely down with helping you guys in any way possible.. I do live very close to the Lake and am able to get information whenever needed.. Curtis, I will PM you my address and you can plan on sending me signs and stuff.. I am more than willing to put them up wherever I can to help people find the right spot.. I just definitely need to know a number on how many are 100% sure coming in the next few weeks so I can make plans on my end.. I am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and exploring the region with such knowledgeable guys such as you all.. Just let me know any info you guys can give me and I will do all I can..

Casey The_Frontiersman

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky

Something wierd is going on with the poll results. I voted that I was commited before you added Poorhunter78 to the list and my vote showed up fine. Somehow after his name was added, my vote dissappeared and it won't let me vote again. ???

UpTheCreek

Greenie
Apr 4, 2010
Boyd Co.

I am in for this get together. I too live close enough to the Lake to help with any pre-planning needs.
Also, My brother-in-laws brother owns a couple hundred acres around the lake somewhere. I will be trying to get permission to go onto it in the meantime.
Let me know if any help is needed.
I can act as treasurer if no one has volunteered.....KW

UpTheCreek

Greenie
Apr 4, 2010
Boyd Co.

Hey Guys,

I called the campground and found out that the weekend we are meeting books up fast because of the following weekend being to 4th of July.

We need to get on this fast and reserve some sites close together before they are gone.

If anyone wants to call me # 606-369-4727 name Kelly

HCA1961

Feb 1, 2010
Pikeville, KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F-Point pinpointer, Gray Ghost ears

Hey All,

It pains me to say so, but I am not going to be able to attend. We will be leaving that weekend for our family vacation in South Carolina.
I was truly hoping to meet everyone, put faces to names, and share some good times. But, hopefully, we can make this an annual (or maybe bi-annual!) event and I'll make the next one.
You all have fun! I'll be thinking about you.

--Chris

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Perhaps we need to push this back toward fall to do adequart preplanning and assure ourselves of reservations . I felt on the getgo that there wasn't enough time to get the June date together because of slow response to commitment .
Jim

UpTheCreek

Greenie
Apr 4, 2010
Boyd Co.

We still have time to do this as there are a few left at this time. We just need to get on it. I think 2 tents per site would suffice. Any feedback??? KW

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

UpTheCreek said:
We still have time to do this as there are a few left at this time. We just need to get on it. I think 2 tents per site would suffice. Any feedback??? KW
As many tents per site as they will allow . This is going to be more of a scout rondevous than a family weekend where as much privacy as is available in a public campground is desired .
Jim

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass

I dont think Im gonna camp, just drive down bright and early because I gotta work that Friday evening, that will be ok wont it? I cant wait to meet everyone, be nice to put faces with the names and hear everyones opinions on the mines.

Seth

MasterMason46

Jan 15, 2009
Elliott Co. Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Howdy everyone,
Haven't been on in a couple of mths. Glad to see I didn't miss the get together at GLSP. I plan on attending but will probably not be camping and just drive back to Sandy Hook at night unless something happens between now and then. A couple of things I have been wondering about tho. Should we all wear name tags to identify ourselves, " name and TNET handle or something ".
And is it OK to bring a guest along, I am thinking about bringing a couple of old timers that live in the area. They would know the area and some of the stories and legends or local history that you just wont find in the library, books or court records.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, this should be a great event and hopefully become an annual meeting.

P.S. If there is anything I can do to help out with the arrangements Just let me know.

MasterMason46

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass

Hey Mastermason,

Guests are very welcome, anyone interested whether your a member of the site or not is ok with me, and after all I was the one who got this thing rolling by suggestion, even though my original posts dont exist anymore thanks to my bad pc skills, I had said early on that anyone was welcome who was interested or had info with the legend.

Seth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread