What's new

Construction site rescues

eppingera

Full Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
124
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
One point and half of a large knife from a large construction site. I have gone back once to look for the other half of the knife--no luck so far....
 

Attachments

  • image-1125579808.webp
    image-1125579808.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1114759586.webp
    image-1114759586.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3127427256.webp
    image-3127427256.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3466604376.webp
    image-3466604376.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
The point looks like the base of a drill missing the tip. Construction site have heavy machines that are hard on artifacts. Still nice pieces.
 
Great job on the rescues sweet !!!!
 
Man the knife would have been a monster. I'd have to agree with rock, almost looks like a broken drill. And to think, had you not picked them up they more that likely would have been lost forever under that new building
 
Thanks all, it is about a. 100 acre subdivision, the owner gave me compete access to the site. There is a creek surrounding the entire thing; I know there is a lot of artifacts there, can't wait until they put in the other roads ! Btw I love all of your posts even tho I dont post a lot
 
The point looks like the base of a drill missing the tip. Construction site have heavy machines that are hard on artifacts. Still nice pieces.
Man the knife would have been a monster. I'd have to agree with rock, almost looks like a broken drill. And to think, had you not picked them up they more that likely would have been lost forever under that new building
yep i thought broke drill also anyways i would go back there too
 
Good saves! You got a gold mine there- and great that you got permission to scour the whole place- like going the Disneyland! HH! Yak
 
Good saves! You got a gold mine there- and great that you got permission to scour the whole place- like going the Disneyland! HH! Yak

Thanks! It is a great opportunity the likes of which doesn't come along very often and I plan to take advantage! Hopefully there will be some whole pieces.
 
Nice job of getting them before they couldn't be found. I am not real sure about that one being a drill, because I have two that look a lot like it, and have seen a display case full of points like it.
 
Lets see some deadeye to compare.
Thats great you have permission to hunt the area. Check the creek and the gravel bars. Just watch for the flat rocks with slim on them they will be like stepping on ice. I look forward to seeing more of your finds, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom