aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
John,
I got to a few places Tuesday..I vastly underestimated how many posters would be needed but got to:
Vero's Voice, the surf shop @ Wabasso, several convenience stores, Outrigger's in Little Hollywood Marina, Deep Six Dive in Vero, West Marine in Vero Seacoast Bank and various retail places along 512.
Going North to Melbourne tomorrow morning (to look at a lathe) with 50 more. They print up really nice on off white cover stock. Great design - has received several compliments.

Great! I'm meeting with Trembull tomorrow. There are 80 to100 left. We're going to laminate a bunch and then we'll hit the museums and the Chamber of Commerce for starters. Then all the motels,dive shops, restaurants, and anybody else who'll let me post a flyer!

Keep going!

Aquanut John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
This Cookout may be the biggest ever. I contacted channel 13 in Orlando today and they're going to put it on the air. We're also putting flyers out from Melbourne to Jupiter! And... that ain't all...I just hope that when it all happens that I can count on you guys to help when this event becomes overwhelming. I'm going to put up the money to initiate this, about the same as always. But if this crowd grows to its potential, I simply don't have the funds to feed everybody. So, my friends, be prepared! Can I count on you?
Aquanut John

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I talked to Margaret at Kellyco today. I told her about the event and will be e-mailing her the details. They may send some items and have a representative there. I will let you know the exact details as I learn more.

I am going to go over Friday and set up a practice test site for anyone willing to see what their or others metal detectors can do. I am going to bury various lead weights at shallow and gradually deeper depths. I am going to lay it out in such a way that it can be all left in the ground for future events. I will plot it all in such a way that we will know EXACTLY where and what depth the non-ferrous lead will be. It will be interesting to see how all the different metal detectors perform so please bring your best detector to this event.

As I have stated before there is reason to believe there may be hidden treasure on the motel grounds. We will conduct an organized treasure hunt for this old treasure. It will be open to anyone that wants to participate with anything we are allowed to keep going to help Tom with his expenses. We may bury some things in a cordoned off area for a childrens treasure hunt. Anything found in this hunt can be kept by the finder.

I have asked some of the dowsers from the TN forum to help locate anything on the grounds. I will be giving anyone interested in dowsing three google earth photos to dowse. If you want to give this a try PM me. I have also invited some LRL enthusiasts. It should all be pretty interesting.

If anyone has any ideas or comments about what I am proposing just ask it on this thread or PM me.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do what I can.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 87

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a couple of these tea bowls from a wreck in Indonesia along with their COA's from the guv there.

Attachments

• TypeAnB.jpg
    TypeAnB.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 86

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll also have some copies of books to sell, all proceeds to the effort, including "Rainbow Chasers", "Last Voyage Of The San Miguel de Archangel", and a few others.
John: will we have a way to accept credit cards? Otherwise, everybody needs their check book or cash.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Dell brought up the credit card thing when I talked to him last night. He suggested I pu tout the word to see if anyone out there had a portable card reader. I personally don't know anybody. Does anybody out there have access to one? I just got back from a long day meeting folks and posting flyers down in Sebastion. I'll post again a little while later. I need to sit down with the Captain out on the porch for a while and get my thoughts together.
Aquanut

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell brought up the credit card thing when I talked to him last night. He suggested I pu tout the word to see if anyone out there had a portable card reader. I personally don't know anybody. Does anybody out there have access to one? I just got back from a long day meeting folks and posting flyers down in Sebastion. I'll post again a little while later. I need to sit down with the Captain out on the porch for a while and get my thoughts together.
Aquanut
There is a company called www.square.com that offers a free portable card reader that can be linked straight to a bank account....it hooks up to your cellphone headphone plug. Very simple to use.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Thanks Scubaozzy, I'll check it out.
Thanks for everything Terry!
Diverdan, I'll let you know what you can help with when we get a little closer to the date. Thanks
Now I've got to get to work to catch up on what I didn't do yesterday!LOL.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Yesterday, I met with Trembull over at Capt. Hirams' where he bought me lunch and we made some plans. We were going to post flyers together after, but he got called back to work. Everyone I talked to was excited to help. I posted in dive shops, churches, art galleries, banks, Walmart, Publix, bait shops, the Fisher museum, the Chamber of Commerce etc. Now, the only place I had trouble was at the McClarty Museum, a STATE GOVERNMENT run museum out on the island. The sweet old lady there told me it was against their policy to post something like that. I explained to her nicely that IT WAS FOR A PARTICULARLY GOOD CAUSE and if it wasn't for treasure divers like Tom, they wouldn't even have their precious museum. I also mentioned that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of the artifacts on display weren't brought up by Tom himself. She said she would ask her supervisor when he got back on Tuesday. Ya'll might want to call down there Tuesday and see if they put up the poster's yet!

Oh yea, one other thing, my steel drum player and singer/songwriter, diver, can't make this cookout because he's booked through the end of the year on weekends at the Bahama Breeze. Anyone out there play steel drums or know anybody that would like to join us.
John

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey Tom G.,
I've been waiting for your call since 5pm.
Call me tomorrow.
John

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was good to touch base with you John. I sent out a package to you today with a few small items to raffle or auction.

Tom

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, Prayers and Thoughts to you my brother.Mike

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Any news from Tom? Also how would we send a card to Tom? Hospital

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
John, Any news from Tom? Also how would we send a card to Tom? Hospital

I asked Capt.Dom if he knew anything, but he may not have gotten my message or may not know. It's my fault for not asking Tom when he called me Saturday.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom's surgery was yesterday, and he'll be in the hospital for a few days. I seriously doubt he's talking much right now. Hopefully, we'll hear when he's up for it in a few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread