What's new

Copper Point

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went looking with the MD for a trade period village site, and I believe we found it. We found some things, but the best piece was this copper rolled point. It's the best example of one I have ever seen, if you look at the tip you can tell it's not a tinkler. I wish I could say I found it but my buddy was the lucky dog, but I was there, that's all that counts. copper point 3-09-14 001.webpcopper point 3-09-14 002.webpcopper point 3-09-14 003.webp
 
Upvote 0
Here are the rest of the items I found at this site. I've gotten some musket balls as well. Finds at this site are few but nice when you get a copper point or walk up on a washed out gun flint. Any ideas on the age or use of the buckle? As soon as the field is plowed this year, I'll try my luck again.
 

Attachments

  • Finds #3.webp
    Finds #3.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
....no idea about the age....just admiring & wondering who wore that buckle....very nice finds! The only thing I have like those is an awesome "bullet" from the Battle at Chattanooga at the Bates Battery on Crescent Ridge.....thanks to Tnmountains! :)
 
That's were I lost my shoe buckle! And, if it turns out to be a knee buckle I lost one of those as well! If you think about it throw it in your truck and I will get it tomorrow.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom