Corning Mugs?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up today, don't know much about glass stuffs. Not sure if these are mugs, small bowls or what. It's semi opaque, you can see your fingers shadows through the sides when holding it not up to the light. Half price day so got all 6 for 3 dollars. Did i get hurt or not? Only damages seen are small nicks on the bottom of the mugs. Also saw a Fire King small plate with some blue designs but didn't pick it up, and a large bowl that said Frankoma, those are the only other names i have heard of.

I sold an old bowl that was similar to those. I think you are looking for the terms glass blower, handwarmer, and maybe horn blower. The glass blower mark is early corning. If that set is in good condition it could bring $25-$35 each. With a set of 6 it is not inconceivable more. Nice score.

Coring, NY is famous for their glass... :icon_scratch: They have a huge glass museum. These cups could sell for a good amount of money, if they are connected and I'm sure they are. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and hH !! :hello2:

Thats a great find. I think if you search fire king cornflower you will find the fire king bowl you saw. They sell but it takes awhile. I think you definitely made the right buying decision.

Yeah they are in really good condition, the only damage i can find on them are the small chips on the bottom of the mugs, shown in one picture, and not all of them even have those chips. They are very dusty, will clean them up. The article was a great read, thanks diggum and everybody else for the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back