What's new

Could this be an axe head ?

ivobg

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
414
Reaction score
224
Golden Thread
0
Location
Forgot
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this be an axe head ?
20170718_185624.webp20170718_185627.webp20170718_185631.webp20170718_185636.webp20170718_185641.webp20170718_185646.webp
 
Upvote 0
we dont have natural flints so everyone i find is worked by hand and imported
strange how everything i find is unfinished :icon_scratch:
 
Can you give me age or period of the find ????
p.s. its from europe not us
 
Can you post pics of looking at the edge straight on. The bit edge. I don't believe it is an axe head either possibly a preform
 
You have cultures going back very far. That is a very old find.
 
Wonder whats the story behind it:unhappysmiley:
 
Very interesting find....would make for a good hide scraper. I don't think it's incomplete.....just good enough to do the job
 
well its very sharp so you are right
 
Looks like a scraper only it has some sort of hilt which is strange to me. None of my scrapers have this

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
 
Possible hoe

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
 
Few of us on the North American forum will have knowledge of the Paleolithic or later cultures of Europe. I know I don't. But, it might be a Paleolithic hand axe. For example, compare to example 13887 on this page:

Paleolithic Hand axes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom