Crazy Day at Mineral Bar

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The whole day has been off I woke up late and didn't arrive at the river till 7am and on the walk to are intended area my brother spotted a bat flopping around on the rocks..Oddly enough a while back in this same area we found a humming bird in a very simuliar situation.. Crazy anyway my brother and I finally made it to our spot and we uasually go swimming first off to wash the sweat off so as we are swimming my brother points down in the swimming hole and you could just make out what looked like a rod and reel of a broken fishing pole but it was hard to tell about 10 feet deep..So my brother decided to fish it out and when he came up he had a Gopro hero 2 mounted on some broken PVC pipe Well we did a little prospectin but truth is we did more swimming and walking and chatting it up...

Upvote 0
Those are some pretty sweet finds! That bat looked pissed after you scared it in the water! Congrats on the gold and go pro as well! Sweet deal!

Looks like you had a awesome day out there!

Great video and I'd watch it just for the music....
rockband.gif

BTW....bats are currently one of the largest carriers of rabies in the US, and I would
never touch or pick one up without at least a glove on. Poor critter looked like he was
on his last legs, or got left out in the sun too long. Did you help it find a nice cool, dark place
to hang out?

Last edited:
Another awesome vid.

Funny that bat was out during the day.

We're in a town in the canyons just north of LA and we had a warning on rabid bats, there's been 13 confirmed this year, an average year.

Nice gold!

I'd love to see that in one pan of gravel.

So.

If Mad Marshall gets rabies, he'll have to change his screen name ...

heeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...

this isn't the first time you've handled bats, is it, MM?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back