What's new

Creek and Field

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creek hunt yesterday field hunt today. :thumbsup:
Creek pics first then field.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11318.webp
    SDC11318.webp
    809.1 KB · Views: 123
  • SDC11319.webp
    SDC11319.webp
    374.5 KB · Views: 135
  • SDC11326.webp
    SDC11326.webp
    359.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
Field. I found a large quarry site.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11331.webp
    SDC11331.webp
    724.7 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC11333.webp
    SDC11333.webp
    329.7 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC11337.webp
    SDC11337.webp
    327.8 KB · Views: 95
nice finds rock!Sure got some nice color in some of the chert down there.I like those points.I would guess Archaic?The large piece top right found in the creek,is it a knife or lance head?
 
Last edited:
nice finds rock!Sure got some nice color in some of the chert down there.I like those points.I would guess Archaic?The large piece top right found in the creek,is it a knife or lance head?

1st the creek the blade is missing the base and tip would of been huge for sure.
2nd field I believe it is a knife but Archaic period. I say knife due to the notch on the one side of the blade. Archaic knifes have them around here like that almost like a spokeshave.
 
The one is a true heartbreaker !!!
 
Nice finds rock.
I love that little stemmer I would probably call that a Putnam if I found it here.. You might have those there also.
That heartbreaker would have been real nice it looks like a Maples to me.. They are normally large ... What do you think?

Maplessh.webp
 
Last edited:
I was going to say Pickwick/Ledbetter but he is not in the right area. Nice hunt rock. You are really starting to get into and learn your sites. Makes them come alive for sure.
 
:icon_thumleft: It's a shame on that ''heartbreaker'' point. Nice finds!
 
Nice finds rock.
I love that little stemmer I would probably call that a Putnam if I found it here.. You might have those there also.
That heartbreaker would have been real nice it looks like a Maples to me.. They are normally large ... What do you think?

View attachment 1044091

Could be on the broken one just not enough to tell. Its quartzite is all I know. There is a piece of quartz in that pic it isn't a artifact but when wet its clear as crystal. Found in the same area as the broken point. Also there is another quartzite knife they were working on but threw away due to a crack while making it. Interesting pieces to me anyway.(first photo) 2nd photo except of the point and a scraper most other pieces are debitage scrapes. All was found in the quarry site. Looks like they were making them and lost one before leaving. I had fun and the point is almost perfect tiny stem damage at the base.
 
Quarry sites are usually a little confusing when it comes to trying to figure out exactly what's what because so many things are in different stages of completion
 
The point from the quarry site has serrated edges. I don't find many like that. Still sharp to. I was wondering on what you thought about possible
Elora Serrated on that one GB?
This pic Im putting up might be like or the same type. The base of the broken one cause it does have a notch rite where it broke at. What ya think?
 

Attachments

  • SDC11340.webp
    SDC11340.webp
    455.2 KB · Views: 96
I think you need to go find a whole one... ;-)
 
I think you need to go find a whole one... ;-)

Wouldn't that be nice. The quartzite ones like those seem to always be broken in the creeks.
 
The point from the quarry site has serrated edges. I don't find many like that. Still sharp to. I was wondering on what you thought about possible
Elora Serrated on that one GB?
This pic Im putting up might be like or the same type. The base of the broken one cause it does have a notch rite where it broke at. What ya think?
I would like to find any piece like one of those two, exspecially that quarts piece!Nice stuff man.
 
Last edited:
I would like to find any piece like one of those two, exspecially that quarts piece!Nice stuff man.

The big broken pieces I still put in a frame. Never know hopefully the other halves might show up.
 
Nice finds Rock!
 
Nice finds Rock!

Thanks the field finds was from a new field I have never walked before. I still have allot more of it to walk yet. I just walked the high points of the field. Its always good to walk the low sections also due to the years of rain that can actually wash the points to the low parts of the field. It was so hot I couldn't walk the whole thing. TY for the interest, rock
 
:icon_thumright:....how awesome rock, some real pretty colors to!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom