What's new

Creek and Plowed Field Finds...

lairmo

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
2,960
Reaction score
4,892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Hunted a freshly plowed field and found a few pieces but only in the draws and water runoffs. Most of the lighter pieces came from the field. I then decided to go to a place by the creek I found a few years ago. After watching some U-tube videos I decided to build a sifter for the water. The place on the creek was a mussel bed right after a high spot and a sharp bend in the creek. I did pretty good (for me).... A few keepers and a LOT of heartbeakers...I also found my second pipe from this area, the last one was over 20 years ago in the field...this one I found in the creek.
IMG_20180419_202030.webpIMG_20180419_202044.webpIMG_20180419_202152.webpIMG_20180419_202205.webpIMG_20180419_202210.webpand my coolest piece of the day...
I thought it was a broke until I got home and cleaned it...reworked...
IMG_20180419_202126.webpIMG_20180419_202112.webp

sorry for bad cell pics.. second greatest find of the day when I got home: :thumbsup:
IMG_20171102_194715.webp
Have a great day....Lairmo
 
Upvote 0
You do realize this is a Paleo piece right?!

I didn't until you made me look at it harder...lol You think clovis type?
 
I didn't until you made me look at it harder...lol You think clovis type?

Lol I was wondering if you had looked that piece over when I asked about it. I think it’s prob a Dalton type but still Paleo and really nice I would definitely be back out there. Was that one from the creek or field?
Can you get a good pic of where it’s snapped , does it look like the flute stops rite before the break ?
 
Last edited:
I'd agree with Dalton as well, transitional Paleo is Paleo nonetheless, you have a fantastic spot.
 
Pretty sure that was one from the field runoff. Here are a couple of pics. Looks like it's fluted all the way to the break, at least on one side. And a closer pic of the small piece.
IMG_20180420_115517.webpIMG_20180420_115535.webpIMG_20180420_115606.webpIMG_20180420_115615.webp
 
Thanks for pics , other piece is nice too , hafted scraper and a sweet one at that
 
Pretty sure that was one from the field runoff. Here are a couple of pics. Looks like it's fluted all the way to the break, at least on one side. And a closer pic of the small piece.
View attachment 1580476View attachment 1580477View attachment 1580478View attachment 1580479

Like the others have said that is a base to a Dalton the channel's you are calling flutes are thinning flakes done for hafting. A flute is much deeper and wider. That is some good finds, for your next sifter try 1 1/2 pvc pipe glued together with 1/2 grated wire held on by zip ties. That last photo is called a blunt or hafted scraper.
 
Like the others have said that is a base to a Dalton the channel's you are calling flutes are thinning flakes done for hafting. A flute is much deeper and wider. That is some good finds, for your next sifter try 1 1/2 pvc pipe glued together with 1/2 grated wire held on by zip ties. That last photo is called a blunt or hafted scraper.
Thanks. I was calling that one a blunt at home but never typed it..lol. And that is the exact sifter I am building, but I'm going a bit overboard and building handles into it:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom