CRISPINS CRITTERS

I figured that...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Please don't ask him Squiggy,,,,, I think I may be to delicate for Alaskan desserts.

i won't....now moving on..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

Folks,

This thread is closing in fast on 10,000 posts.

I for one never figured it would last anywhere near this long.....but you never know.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, can you access the video? What about everyone else??

Mentioned one last month or so, that told me it could not be played in my country. Yesterdays or whenever last one was did play though.
To many or not enough hours in the woods, eyes are shot an tired lil boy. One beer in about two weeks, afraid to drink one late or be up to much shuffling l.o.l.!
That pillow magnet is pullin hard. Have a good night /morning all.

Night RC...even though it's only six pm here I'm headed to bed myself...night all..

Folks,

This thread is closing in fast on 10,000 posts.

I for one never figured it would last anywhere near this long.....but you never know.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well. This thread is a testament. It started for one reason and it was left alone to see what would happen,, it morphed into another benign and easy going thread. And many members have left it alone to mature. We all hope this thread keeps going in good will. And we hope that good will is always displayed, even through the rocky times. Good job to you, Bill

Good post Dave!

RC, just looked at the watch, and realized
I'm 2 hours late for that comfortable reclined position also. Good talking with you all tonight, see you all soon....Good night......Gary

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words....we've had a few bumps in the road but it kind of seems most folks who participate here can find common ground....everyone has much more in common than the few differences we might have....

And it's the team effort that makes it work....a bit of music, humor, support when needed and yeah just some foolish banter tends to take the edge off all the rough spots we all go through along the way.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well. This thread is a testament. It started for one reason and it was left alone to see what would happen,, it morphed into another benign and easy going thread. And many members have left it alone to mature. We all hope this thread keeps going in good will. And we hope that good will is always displayed, even through the rocky times. Good job to you, Bill

That's why I love this place!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Folks,

I've probably posted this one before but it's a very powerful tune.

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones in the road.

Had to go to the bank today to open another safety deposit box for a customer who had lost their key.

I'll try to explain with pictures....

The first picture is a standard lock for safety deposit boxes.
1-IMG_0939.JPG

These type of locks use a "guard" key that the bank has,
and the "tenant" or renter's key.

The first thing is to pull the tenant side.

2-IMG_0940.JPG

The next pictures are of the lock opened up to show the mechanism.

3-IMG_0941.JPG

As you can see,
the "fingers" are alternating between the guard key and the tenant key.
(seven guard fingers, seven tenant fingers-14 total)

4-IMG_0942.JPG

A close-up of the "fingers"...

5-IMG_0943.JPG

I have hand-cut a "universal" guard key.

6-IMG_0944.JPG

Hand-cut key in action...

7-IMG_0945.JPG

Using two tools that I created,
I'm able to retract the bolt and open the box.

8-IMG_0946.JPG

I will not show the tools that I created because I'm considering patenting them.

Once the customer removes their box, I install a new lock on the door
and make it compatible with the bank's guard key
and provide the bank with two renters keys, stamped with the box number.

Total time involved:
About 20-30 minutes.

One thing about opening the box is that I'm only able to see inside the small hole created by pulling
the tenant side "nose." It's a lot of "feeling" as to when the fingers are aligned.

Hope all are Well.

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
really impressive scott...

how are you doing sir?
:hello:
Thanks, Friend.

I'm getting by day by day.
I always try to keep active and the brain at full capacity.
(some days, da brain don't wanna cooperate....)

Here's a song....

Best,

Scott​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back